keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate
Re: Test Tube Baby

like how you brought this one back. this was a good one and looks good with the updates too.

keelhaulkate

Re: Taco Math

yay for mexican food

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
chumpmagic wrote:Back already. Woot publicly apologies for "oh shiny," so now I love them again

Also, thanks for all the feedback in the pre-thread. I wanted to upload this one first and see where it goes since it was already done. I do plan to try a different version (unless this one takes off), with the eye and odRocks otterific color-age. That will take some reworking the line work and some color changing to get the highlights.

7459C
101C
729C
475C
7499C
5395C

I'll be honest...I prefer the darker coloring...but I'd support either one. If it was one or the other, I'd support the darker one. Great design

Teks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Teks

What's with the eye on the jar? the bear still has 2 eyes...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: The Price of Progress

Whoa, cool. Very mysterious and trippy. +1

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
jabberjaws13 wrote:ah c'mon! get back in the fog! damn.

"It's over, Johnny...IT'S OVER!"

sgr1021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgr1021
Re: The Science of Beauty

Thanks for the comments! :-)

I was focusing more on proportions then symmetry since asymmetry is more pleasing to the eye (as some comments have already stated very well!)

Apparently these standards for a proportional face are based on the Golden Ratio which is expressed by Phi

so nerdy.... :-)

sgr1021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgr1021
wulfepup wrote:Asymmetry is more attractive because it's more real. No one has a symmetrical face in the real world and when we see it in art our minds find that it looks bizarre or alien.

I really like this design. But, for myself, it more sense as a poster than a t-shirt. Hopefully enough people disagree with me. Good Luck!

I used to love the weird science posters in my high school science room! Someone should make a play off of that.... :-)

keelhaulkate

megsck wrote:cute character design, i like him! =) works well on the shirt, this would make an otterific kids tee!

thanks! love your art btw

altmanfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages altmanfamily
laughalot wrote:I would wear it even if it was a dolphin and a small cactus. It would still be a funny shirt. Who hasn't 'tested' gravity at some point or other?

Most people don't get Hitchhiker's Guide references, but they would still understand the shirt's main point. I know, it's a sad, sad world out there full of people who have not experienced the awesomeness!

But would you wear it if it were, say, a basketball and a baseball? Probably not. ;)

macedu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages macedu
alfbo wrote:At least it's on topic.

And it's actually one of the very few that are on topic so far. Most are just Science based shirts, but the topic is the Scientific Method which is infinitely harder to base a shirt on.

Just looking at the current Fog there are 2 equation shirts, 2 of beakers/flasks, 1 picture of Darwin, and one of a donut...lol I actually like the shirts but it's obviously hard to stay strictly on topic this time.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Wowww. I would love a high res on this one please

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
ramyb wrote:Woot has set a precedent for allowing direct resubs of formerly rejected shirts

Just so you can't later say that this isn't a direct resub which it is.

However, in your example, Drakxxx's shirt was rejected for being off theme very early on in the derby and so was never eligible.

Your shirt was rejected on Thursday because you were too lazy to send in the print ready because the shirt wasn't going to print. Not because it was off topic. Not because woot had some problem with it. HUUUUUUUGE difference. This shirt had it's fair shot (which Drakxxx's didn't) and it didn't print, it needs to be changed for a resub.

tedschopf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tedschopf
Re: Double Helix

I love this design! The shirt woot topic is science method stuff, and woot has always allowed a little wiggle room on its topics. If you get too technical, then you eliminate a lot of good designs. And, due to the amount of votes this shirt is getting, nobody really descriminates on topic besides just a few people. I hope it wins.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Free Fall Test

I don't know anything about Hitchhiker's so I didn't get the reference, but I thought it was a good looking shirt. It's cute and simple and I really like that the whale's skin looks all wrinkly, like it's flapping as he falls. Nice touch.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
joshuajmasters wrote:This is a cute idea.

bassanimation wrote:Haaaaaaa this is funny! +1! Totally reminds me of something I would have done in high school chem class. I couldn't anything right, I swear.

cbuebe wrote:Been there, see that everyday in class, would buy the shirt. I love this!

Thanks, everyone!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

this is completely excellent.

+1

Teks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Teks

Thought this Derby was about the Scientific method, not Abstract.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: 5 Second Rule

I googled "Science Myths" and everywhere i turned the 5-second rule popped up...or 10-seconds depending on how hungry you are and the deliciousness of the dropped food item. This is an observation of the secret lives of bacteria as they exist on our floors. As it turns out, they abide by the same arbitrary scientific rules that we do.

Thanks to everyone in the forum for the pre-derby response (especially OdysseyRoc and Wootvan). Cheers

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Nothing Beats the Monkey V2

Yes, yes, yessssssss! Most excellent monkey. He looks like he might be a toe-dancer, but I don't fault him for that. In fact, thanks for the image in my head of him daintily dancing around to his own music.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Donuts are Devils Riding Unicorns

I knew donuts were full of evil. EVIL I SAY! I know this because there's a Krispy Kreme right next to my house. Talk about evil. Middle of the night, donuts right there...bam: fat Bass.

Great work, TGentry! I love the coloring work!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
altmanfamily wrote:But would you wear it if it were, say, a basketball and a baseball? Probably not. ;)

Sorry, that was me. My wife didn't log out of her account. :P

Aerith329

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aerith329
Re: Lab Rat

I am imperessed with the Pipetman and the fact that it is actually being used correctly (something that wasn't achieved in Avatar). Most people think that beakers and Erlenmeyer flasks basically sum up all of science.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

That is just too awe.some. Love it.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

This is probably the only non-serious Woot Shirt I would wear.

+1

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

stephwak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stephwak

Staff

Re: The Experiment: Happiness is...

Love this!
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

joshuajmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuajmasters

This is very Twilight Zone! I have no doubt this will shoot to the top.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

EXCELLENT execution.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

tedschopf wrote:The shirt woot topic is science method stuff

No. The topic is "The Scientific Method" which is VERY different than science. This shirt is, not surprisingly, off topic.

kylemittskus

macedu wrote:And it's actually one of the very few that are on topic so far. Most are just Science based shirts, but the topic is the Scientific Method which is infinitely harder to base a shirt on.

Just looking at the current Fog there are 2 equation shirts, 2 of beakers/flasks, 1 picture of Darwin, and one of a donut...lol I actually like the shirts but it's obviously hard to stay strictly on topic this time.

Using equations to solve a problem is an example of the scientific method. The Darwin shirt is kind of a "funny" shirt because Darwin's method was observation. In the shirt, he took the birds with him. The two chemical/beaker designs are off topic, though.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Spiritgreen wrote:This could also be called - How to make the world's geekiest thing even more geeky!

Maximum geekitude. Love it. ^_^

The world's geekiest thing... are we talking about DnD or Science/Math?... :D thanks

SydsKid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydsKid
Re: research methodology

Way to obey the no-text rule.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Double Helix

So bright and dimensional, that's a very clever use of blues.

I kinda agree that there it's hard to appreciate if there's a scientific method in action here, it seems more like an artistic composition of scientific imagery. But it's a very handsome shirt, there's no doubt about that.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: Chemistry

Good design...you're a great artist...but I'm afraid it might get rejected...

In the Band Names Reinterpreted there was a "My Chemical Romance" shirt that got rejected for being too similar to another shirt...this one I think...

Then again, yours doesn't have the heart and they're dancing instead of holding hands...maybe it'll slide...

jeanerz13

jeanerz13 wrote:Good design...you're a great artist...but I'm afraid it might get rejected...

In the Band Names Reinterpreted there was a "My Chemical Romance" shirt that got rejected for being too similar to another shirt...this one I think...

Then again, yours doesn't have the heart and they're dancing instead of holding hands...maybe it'll slide...

Looks like maybe you caught that already as I was typing up my first post... ;)

jeanerz13

jeanerz13 wrote:Looks like maybe you caught that already as I was typing up my first post... ;)

LOL Or I just didn't read all the posts before responding...Ok...swear I'm done...

SydsKid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydsKid
jasneko wrote:Hahaha otterific! I think it would stand out better on a brighter color like kelly , royal or even cranberry something (with a bg switch of course), but still - really great

I would LOVE to see this on Cranberry or Navy.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: She Blew Me Up With Science

You will have a strong future here with this level of quality ^_^

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Nicely done! I dunno if it's really science, but I do like the way this came out.