excellent work!

spacemonkeydr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacemonkeydr

thanks everyone...a larger view here

http://spacemonkeydr.deviantart.com/#/d2yy9uo

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: High School Scientific Method

Hilarious! Love his terrified expression.

acidtwix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acidtwix
AdderXYU wrote:I didn't realize DNA was discovered in 2009. But this entry does highlight a very important issue: that your work is almost never something relevant to themes. This doesn't evoke any story of 2009. It's just a double helix that you attached to some other story that somehow involved DNA. And right now, it's off theme again because DNA is part of science, but not the scientific method. It is tenuous at best. Which would be an excellent screenname for you if Ramyb ever gets rightfully banned.

adder get a life man, i don't ever really post on here, but after seeing all of your flaming i wanted to say something. this shirt is pretty cool, and i'm pretty sure i'm not going to care if it's on-topic or off-topic when i wear it. the design is cool period.

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
kdeuce wrote:Thunder, thunder, thunder, Thundercats HOOOOOOOO!
EFF yeah!

HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Are we that old to know how otterific this show was? Hahaha. Great stuff Lucky!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Dr. Badger made a Potion.

Queeny, you rock - this is sweet!

paigeg

Re: Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!

Holy crap, I NEED this shirt! This is a.wesome!

paigeg

paigeg wrote:Holy crap, I NEED this shirt! This is a.wesome!

And the chick in the beaker.... Aw, sa-weet.

paigeg

lucky1988 wrote:Stuck on a blind date with a "not so attractive" member of the opposite sex? Don't fear, the scientific and transformational powers of alcohol will come to the rescue. Thanks to paigeg for leaving the "beer goggle effect" suggestion on the derby forum.

Yay! And thank's for running with it! Funnneee!

paigeg

Re: That Has to Hurt

Big lulz! Nice placement, too.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: 5 Second Rule

Great cartoony illo'. I love your use of perspective and scale here, SeedUvPain. ^__^

frankentoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frankentoast
Re: Throw the switch!

There's lightning, there's a monster being brought to life by some guy with super crazy hair, and there's a raven... Really, what more could you want in your own home lab?

White on black.

And yes, this is a resubmit. I feel it's appropriate.

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

as a fan of the classic horror movies, I LOVE this !!

sweetaddietude

80verna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 80verna

I click for this one!
Love his face, just full of the joy of caterpillarin' and maybe not even knowing what comes next!!

The directional arrows on the graph paper remind me of something I learned in high school(couldn't tell you what, it was a long time ago!)

If they print it, I will buy.
(Field of Dreams)

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

otterific Midge! Cowbell, + bass , + drums, etc. = rock n roll!

This equation I DO understand!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Curiosity Kills V2

Spooky and ominous, as, I said on the other thread, makes me GLAD I didn't have any brothers !! I love the silhouette of the sister in the doorway...great characters , even the unfortunate bear! (Don't worry kid, sissy's comin' to save you!)

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate
Re: Throw the switch!

i actually really like this. love the style.

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate

Spiritgreen

Re: Show Off!

I love the way you draw Lion-o! Super sweet design. +1

@megsck, it would have been acceptable if he had been landing on Snarf, don'tcha think? -_^

Spiritgreen

Re: Conclusion: An Edgy 'Do Scores Chicks

Woohoo, it's up! Love this. GMV.

^__^

luxifer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luxifer

Maybe that is too abstract, but is the maximum simplification of the pure scientific method. As Sogj says, hypothesis, estimates (empirical) and finally the law.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

here's a linkto a larger version for detail. Let me know what you all think.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Darquis wrote:That's science. This is supposed to be scientific method: a theory, an experiment, someone hypothesizing an idea, trying out things. A carbon molecule on a shirt does none of these things.

You find out about molecule structure by scientific method. It does not have to be so in-your-face.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
sTyLeS wrote:Nothing may beat the monkey, but doesn't mean you can't just for fun.

Heh. You got it.

BootsBoots

Re: Nothing Beats the Monkey V2

Thanks everyone. I thought this one pretty good. I'm going to have to rework it and think of something to do with it later on. Let me know if anyone can think of a way to make it better. I feel like it's almost there, but missing something.

BootsBoots

mdnjshaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdnjshaw
Re: Duck Beaver Science = .....oh my god..

I like the idea but science has nothing to do with it

rowanofrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanofrin
Re: Darwin's Data

Exquisite!

jensblackeyedsusan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jensblackeyedsusan
mjc613 wrote:The mints look like eggs

i thought they were eggs too. I was quite confused!

ichimunki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ichimunki
Darquis wrote:Up until the last round of Editor's Choice, I thought this idea had a lot of merit. Since that one came through, I'm less likely to agree: Woot seemed to go in favor of what would sell better rather than diversity. That, or they really love "kawaii"

Good for them. Woot is a business. Selling more shirts makes them more money, which means they will keep on selling these shirts! If they sell fewer shirts they have to either raise prices, pay artists less, or cut some other corners to keep shirt.woot alive.

My guess is that Woot has done the math on the data they have and concluded that shirts that get a lot of votes tend to sell well. Based on what they sell on non-derby days, I wish they would print only derby designs and only those that get top votes.

As far as this design: it's one of the best in the Derby.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
rabidwooter wrote:"This week, show us your take on the Scientific Method."

That implies your own opinion or artistic interpretation. If this gets rejected, almost all other submissions must also get rejected.

So far I see flying caterpillars, smiling beakers, and bacteria with facial expressions. So all those cutesy submissions are all hard science? LMAO, sure thing, whatever you say...

The scientific method (if you went to school) is a method of evaluating data. So anything evaluating data is on topic. That could be someone doing an experiment on bacteria, or it could be a chicken at a chalkboard trying to make a formula to get across the road. It is not a beaker. Or a DNA strand. Or just one sciencey element. This isn't about pure scientific fact. It's about following the rules. And I'd say the vast majority haven't done so.

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
Re: Do plants grow better with music?

Exclamation points count as text... how about a resub with music notes?

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: What Is and What Should Never Be

points for the Led Zep reference.

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
Re: Made of carbon

While I think it's a cool looking shirt, I don't feel that it sufficiently fits the theme. This just appears to be very generic, and your explanation that "you find out the carbon structure with the scientific method" seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the random circles and lines thrown in there, and if the shirt was more heavily focused on the carbon structure, I could get behind this shirt. As is though, the carbon in there seems lost in the drawing unless you know what you're looking for.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Hi 6

this shirt reminds me of "fringe" i dig it.

megsck

Re: Conclusion: An Edgy 'Do Scores Chicks

awwsome, i would have personally gone for the mohawk over bushy eyebrows any day, but those penguins are a peculiar bunch. +1

badgermaniac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages badgermaniac
Re: Reproducing Results

Okay, let's see...

Gather Resources- check!
Hypothesize- check!
Test- check!
Now all that's left is...
Re-testing... heh, heh...

5 colors on Royal Blue.

Zombies... the Scientific Method, at its best.

forstycup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forstycup

I'm not sure I understand what is going on in the design. You have the molecule structure, which seems to be turning into a sky blue plant. There is what looks to be a butterfly to the right of it.

Other than that I don't get the significance of the rest of the design and frankly it just looks a bit messy in my opinion. It seems like it could have been a cool concept, I just don't understand the color choices or what the connection is between the living things 'made of carbon' and the rest of your details.

megsck

Re: Atoms of Science

there always seems to be an atom shirt in every science derby, but i must say that this is by far my favorite of them. looks great on red and i love the choice of the equations as the electron lines. =)