freckledphoebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freckledphoebe
Re: Double Helix

How is this in the fog? Haven't we seen this before? I didn't think you could reenter old designs.

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen
Re: Test Tube Baby

Yet another patrickspens shirt that I can't wait to print. Great design.

freckledphoebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freckledphoebe
Re: Order of Operations

While I like the design, this seems more like math than the scientific method.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
megsck wrote:i think my issue with it (and this is just a little things because i love the color, concept, and execution) is that my mind wants the progression to be in the opposite order, like it starts with what came first and then what that evolved into. i understand for this derby it has to be an equation, but i wish this was subbed in a different derby so that you didnt have to bother with the equations and just had the progression of musical apparatus. i think that is also why this isnt getting as much attention as it should, its not as scientific as most of the other shirts and that is what people are looking for this week. great job though and i hope you definitely resub this for another derby.

I kind of agree w/ megsck. I read it left to right as well. I wonder if you placed monkey first and then everything after.
i.e.:
M>AP+R+BB+WM+CD+I
just a thought.

also if monkey image had a greater presence on the design as though 12 of the design was taken up by the monkey with ">" with all the other items smaller grouped together.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Johndis5 wrote:Obviously folion-o

your not really getting my sarcasm are you...im trying hard here to get you to lighten up and have a good time. ;)

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Darquis wrote:Hahahaha I like it. And I can make a tenuous connection to scientific method...but I think woot might (if they're being strict) hit you for the "countdown" because it isn't a formula and therefore not allowable text. How you'd redo without it, I have NO clue, just throwing it out there.

Thank you Darquis! I'm glad you like it and I appreciate your feedback. I may be leaping through a loophole with the numbers, but my thinking was that it was within the rules. I guess we'll wait and see.

And to everyone else: i am overwhelmed with all the positive comments...especially from those in this community that churn out consistently great and inspiring work week in and week out. You all are the ones who keep me inspired and make me want to better my game every week. So...thanks.

Oh, and anyone living in the NYC area...why aren't we having a friggin' sweet Woot party? We could make waffles.

Bulnes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bulnes
Re: Throw the switch!

***SCREEEEAAAMMM***

I love this. I would buy 3
and then use another email address and buy 2 more.

Woots: twelve
Shirts: fifty five...wow.. I gotta get another hobby

Bulnes

Re: Order of Operations

I must have this shirt.

Vote
vote
vote

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
midgerock wrote:I kind of agree w/ megsck. I read it left to right as well. I wonder if you placed monkey first and then everything after.
i.e.:
M>AP+R+BB+WM+CD+I
just a thought.

also if monkey image had a greater presence on the design as though 12 of the design was taken up by the monkey with ">" with all the other items smaller grouped together.

I like the idea to make the monkey bigger. I was putting him last since he's the punchline. Maybe I'll see if I can think of another way to do it. Thanks.

Bulnes

Re: Donuts are Devils Riding Unicorns

what?

NO

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
SeedUvPain wrote:
Oh, and anyone living in the NYC area...why aren't we having a friggin' sweet Woot party? We could make waffles.

I'd go to that party ... if I wasn't afraid someone might serve me a waffle that's been dropped on the floor.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Little Scientist

Love the character design. and as megsk said it would be great for a kids shirt or even halloween.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: Science may have gone too far this time

Your design got a little squished in compression so it's hard to tell what it looks like. I would recommend resizing it and resubmitting. Just make sure your shirt composition and design detail files are both square.

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
BootsBoots wrote:I like the idea to make the monkey bigger. I was putting him last since he's the punchline. Maybe I'll see if I can think of another way to do it. Thanks.

This could be a stupid idea but what about having one of those old fashioned scales with the monkey (larger) on one side being heavier than all of the other devices stacked up on the other side, showing that the monkey is better than every other music player put together.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: x = pb j

I really like your style here, I feel like this is much more refined than your usual submissions. I just don't like how the whole thing is halftones... it looks very smooth and clean on a computer screen, but it's going to look a lot different printed...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: curiosity killed the cat

I really like this. For some reason it's just really appealing and cute! I love the cat's body shape, it makes me smile. :D +1 here!

zapatista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zapatista
Re: Show Off!

hahahaha! you always make me smile! +1

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Great idea and design. Could we get a closer look at the halftones?

sKarlos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sKarlos
kylemittskus wrote:I could swear that we've seen at least 2 DNA shirts here before? TGentry did one (about 300x better than this) and the 1988: The Human Genome Project...

Oh, originality.

This is the reason I am not voting for this shirt. I would probably consider buying it, but it is unfair because we have already seen similar designs.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
mindputtee wrote:Your design got a little squished in compression so it's hard to tell what it looks like. I would recommend resizing it and resubmitting. Just make sure your shirt composition and design detail files are both square.

I think he's trying to say: black man + white woman = Michael Jackson

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Re: Made of carbon

Hmmm, suddenly Ramy's DNA shirt seems a lot more on theme.

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Lab Rat

If I could make a suggestion, you might work on your animals' basic head shape. I noticed in your squirrel one from the last derby you tend to make the back of the head very tall. If you adjust that a little I think it would make them look more appealing. As they are, it makes them appear 'egg headed'. Overall this is a clever image.

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: x = pb j

This is fantastically done. Very, very nice work, I can only hope that this makes it's way to the top.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
clarinerd wrote:This could be a stupid idea but what about having one of those old fashioned scales with the monkey (larger) on one side being heavier than all of the other devices stacked up on the other side, showing that the monkey is better than every other music player put together.

Oh man, that's a LOT of redesigning. Are you trying to kill me? ;) I do like the idea though.

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo
Re: The Science of Twenty Sided Dice

I want this so badly it's unreal. Best of luck! +1

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
mikenytola wrote:Great idea and design. Could we get a closer look at the halftones?

Sure thing

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Do plants grow better with music?

This one rules. I dig it!

chumpmagic

kc6201 wrote:This is pretty cool, but that guy is really creepy.

I'm pretty "creeped" out by it too.

ivyleora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivyleora
Re: M F=MJ

I'm still new to this. This is my second upload. Still figuring things out.

chumpmagic

Re: Free Fall Test

I am confused. This one is in the fog, but I can see the number of votes (not the other 8... only this one). What is going on here?

Also, great job on this piece. Lookin' good.

mikenytola

SeedUvPain wrote:Sure thing

otterific thanks. You already had me at hello.. GMV.

kmtowers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmtowers
walmazan wrote:Thanks anjulka! you are right, I was thinking take out the other, but your advice make sense to me

I think I like this one better!

mikenytola

I was never a D&D type, but I love the simplicity in this and really like it. It would work with or without the dice whatchamacallit in it. The D&D part would prevent me from buying it, but in no way is that a critique. I hope this one prints.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
chumpmagic wrote:I am confused. This one is in the fog, but I can see the number of votes (not the other 8... only this one). What is going on here?

Also, great job on this piece. Lookin' good.

I believe Walmazan removed his first version of his shirt from the fog. When you do that you take with it your number at the current vote count so until the fog passes that number the 9th place member of the fog shows it's votes but still remains in the fog.

Basically woot is odd.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: There's an app for that

The Scientific Method, brought to you by your friendly neighborhood app store.

The five steps of The Scientific Method:
1. question
2. hypothesis
3. test
4. observe
5. record

(My science teacher friend really thought I should design a shirt that directly interprets the theme. Sometimes you have to appease your friends.)

tedschopf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tedschopf
Re: Made of carbon

Woot rarely rejects shirts that are in the fog. And you have to look at this economically. If people vote for it, then they want the shirt. Is it in Woot's best interest to reject a shirt that a lot of people want? No, since if this wins they will sell a lot more of it since people want it. The shirts with the most votes are the best sellers since people want them.

tedschopf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tedschopf
Re: Double Helix

Woot won't reject the shirt. Woot rarely rejects shirts that are in the fog. And you have to look at this economically. If people vote for it, then they want the shirt. Is it in Woot's best interest to reject a shirt that a lot of people want? No, since if this wins they will sell a lot more of it since people want it because they voted for it.

luptor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luptor
Re: Curiosity Kills V2

Way not to disappoint, absolutely love this design. Excellent illustration of the topic as well as an interesting and wearable shirt. Thought both versions were very good but this one has a much more intense feel. Good job implementing the recommendations (although i do prefer the nasally challenged individuals of your universe), the new lighting and colors create an even better story. i do miss the 'sous-chef' silhouette, but get the omission due to the fear of the dreaded big red stamp. Hopefully this will get into fog, great job on another fantastic entry.

Epsilon519

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Epsilon519
Re: Nothing Beats the Monkey V2

GMV

"Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, WACKO!!!"

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: There’s no Chemistry

Brilliant. You flipped this on its head, and now it's not close at all to existing shirts.

Very clever and it looks great. ^_^ Gmv.