fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: There’s no Chemistry

Simply amazing! I definitely want to wear this to school!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Show Off!

Lucky, I enjoy your subs all the time! love your style! +1

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!

btw, if you haven't figured it out yet... that's Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison and Ivan Pavlov on Cow bell.

mgarns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mgarns
Re: Double Helix

Cool t shirt but you need do more research into DNA. The standard Beta form of DNA has a right hand twist yours is a left hand twist. If you are trying to represent zDNA the standard model would not fit as the major and minor grooves look completely different due to changes in Hydrogen bonding

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
tedschopf wrote:Woot rarely rejects shirts that are in the fog. And you have to look at this economically. If people vote for it, then they want the shirt. Is it in Woot's best interest to reject a shirt that a lot of people want? No, since if this wins they will sell a lot more of it since people want it. The shirts with the most votes are the best sellers since people want them.

Please. Considering how many shirts woot sells, we're talking chump change between this (if it prints) and whatever shirt it bumps from the top three. In the end, woot sells lots of shirts. Check out the reckoning. Likewise, shirts that print in double-takes and EC's often outsell a whole slew of shirts that got more votes before. That's not looking at it economically. It's focusing on one minute piece of info that goes against what years of reality have shown.

And besides, if what you're saying were the case, why have themes at all? Why not just pull what teefury does and sell a daily IP theft that would be sure to sell out? Woot wants to have derby themes, so it's in their best interest to enforce them. Not to mention, it's also in the interest of the artists who actually attempt to work within the theme.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
DianaSprinkle wrote:I believe Walmazan removed his first version of his shirt from the fog. When you do that you take with it your number at the current vote count so until the fog passes that number the 9th place member of the fog shows it's votes but still remains in the fog.

Basically woot is odd.

Ahhhh... Okay. That explains it.

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09
tedschopf wrote:Woot rarely rejects shirts that are in the fog. And you have to look at this economically. If people vote for it, then they want the shirt. Is it in Woot's best interest to reject a shirt that a lot of people want? No, since if this wins they will sell a lot more of it since people want it. The shirts with the most votes are the best sellers since people want them.

This is a horrendous view. And this is as generic a shirt as there can be. I'm not sure why this is the scientific method. For all of you people who say "It has carbon on it and the only way you know what carbon looks like is the scientific method"...seriously? How far are you willing to stretch the rules? (Seeing how popular Ramy's stuff is, I guess pretty far)

-Matt Colin

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
djfrozone wrote:I think the anti-ramy movement is stronger than the lets just have fun movement.

What the hell? Ignoring the inanity of the rest of the post, I just want to know what this even means.

And if you think the Anti-Ramy movement has been around for only two weeks, you have no idea. It's been around for much longer, and he's done everything he can to merit it.

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
Re: Darwin's Data

Fantastic. Would be nice to get a real piece of well done artwork into the fog instead of the cutesy joke-laden norm.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
luptor wrote:Way not to disappoint, absolutely love this design. Excellent illustration of the topic as well as an interesting and wearable shirt. Thought both versions were very good but this one has a much more intense feel. Good job implementing the recommendations (although i do prefer the nasally challenged individuals of your universe), the new lighting and colors create an even better story. i do miss the 'sous-chef' silhouette, but get the omission due to the fear of the dreaded big red stamp. Hopefully this will get into fog, great job on another fantastic entry.

Thanks, I appreciate the positive feedback, and I am glad you like it.

Also, did you happen to get my private message... there is some good news in there. And I greatly appreciate your message and all the support you have provided!

Oxyminoan

Re: Made of carbon

Had to doublecheck the name on the design, thought it was a Ramy for sure from the thumb.

Glad to see more off-topic generic pandering shirts on here, though...

n10city

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n10city

I find it a very artistic depiction of carbon based life forms. The subtlety with which the design portrays the idea is quite nice. I enjoy when someone looks at a shirt I'm wearing and thinks "oh that's a cool design." Then after looking a little closer goes: "oh wow, I didn't notice that before." True it is a stretch from the scientific method, but I'd buy the shirt.

Oxyminoan

kdeuce wrote:x = pb+j

Great stuff. +1

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
endangeredomega wrote:I'd go to that party ... if I wasn't afraid someone might serve me a waffle that's been dropped on the floor.

I'll just tell the bacteria to lay off the floor waffles. No problem.

I'm also going to England for two weeks starting Tuesday...so if anyone wants to have a Shepherd's Pie party, i'm down

waitwhatnow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waitwhatnow
Re: M F=MJ

ok im not even a Michael fan-but i had to say something.
so, to quote the movie hook...

Bad Form.

: /

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
megsck wrote:as always you have another awwsome entry and funny concept this week!

i do want to add however that i think i liked your initial sketch much better because you could see your fantastic character designs better. i also think i would have preffered a little simpler detail, the grain on the floor is a little overpowering for me, but i get the point that we are seeing very small and the detail adds to that.

Thanks meg(s)! It's always hard transitioning from the sketch to the final because I start questioning my initial impulses. Some stay, some don't. By the way, i wanted you to 'have' a sketch i whipped up yesterday based on your Sherlock Holmes suggestion. i really wanted to do a "Who replaced Watson with this fat guy?" shirt, but i lack the skillz to pull it off. Anyway, i got the first drawing off and decided to put it to rest. Makes me giggle though

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy

1) I doesn't show any kind of method. It's just sciencey imagery. It's like if the theme was Recipes or Cooking, and the shirt just showed a single ingredient (a bell pepper) or just a finished product (a plate of spaghetti). That doesn't qualify as Cooking or Recipes. It qualifies as food.

DNA is not representative of the Scientific Method.

2) That he simply resubbed a shirt he already tried to peddle earlier shows laziness, greed and a lack of respect for the spirit of the competition. Why not resub every other failed-to-win-in-another-derby design he ever created that tangentially (at best) fits the theme? Flood the competition with your own entries to increase your chances of winning; other designers be damned!

OH, but don't listen to me. I'm clearly just jealous of ramy's immutable talent.

palookaboy

As off-theme as ramy's DNA shirt; but at least this one looks cool.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Adder, you bring beating a dead horse to a whole new level. Open a window, walk outside, get laid, whatever. You can make your point in one or two posts, the extent that you go shows how weak your arguing is.

walmazan

Re: There’s no Chemistry

Thanks guys, I glad you like this version!

walmazan

Re: The Impatient Aviator

Love it! so clever!

walmazan

Re: Curiosity Kills V2

I prefer this version! +1

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
palookaboy wrote:1) I doesn't show any kind of method. It's just sciencey imagery. It's like if the theme was Recipes or Cooking, and the shirt just showed a single ingredient (a bell pepper) or just a finished product (a plate of spaghetti). That doesn't qualify as Cooking or Recipes. It qualifies as food.

To be fair, the same thing could be said of all the designs with test tubes in them this week. We just don't see people carrying on and on and on about it to them.

palookaboy

djfrozone wrote:I AGREE with this post and the last part. Who cares who the artist is?? IF he makes a desgin the users of woot want then who cares? i went through the whole derby and this is one of two shirts. I'd want and buy. thats the point. I think the anti-ramy movement is stronger than the lets just have fun movement. the last two weeks have been nothing but ramy bashing. this design is on point and flows with the theme and well executed.

This talk of changing the voting system for what??? so maybe that other shirt you like would get printed?? Is it really ramy's fault his designs sell here? (to the alleged vote gouging...paaahhaha.) If you dont like his shirt. you still have two more choices. So fall back. and enjoy the artists creations.

By golly, you're right! Why criticize what you find awful?? I mean, if Hollywood churns out crap movie after crap movie, then just don't go see them! Saying that you demand better as a consumer is stuuuuuuuupid! OBVIOUSLY someone likes it, so what's the point is saying that YOU don't? GAWL if your opinion doesn't agree with ours, you should just keep it to yourself!

walmazan

walmazan

walmazan

Re: PreModern Contraption

what an incredible color combo and illo!

jed1nerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jed1nerd
Re: Mr. Potato Head Clock

could you get that box out?

--JN

walmazan

Re: Dr. Badger made a Potion.

love the style! and I like this colors

walmazan

Re: Hypothisis is false...

hahahaha! and i agree, the face expression is priceless!

walmazan

Re: Nothing Beats the Monkey V2

Love your style boots, and this monkey are fabulous!

GMV

walmazan

Re: She Blew Me Up With Science

HAHA! Nice style and line work!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: x = pb j

Cleverly done. :^)

walmazan

walmazan

Re: An Experiment Gone Awry

I think your work its so cool!

Spiritgreen

Re: Curiosity Kills V2

This color scheme brings a 'secret lab' style to the design. Very nice. :^)

walmazan

Re: Free Fall Test

haha! nice job Diana! well done!

walmazan

Re: Anomalous Result

I love this idea!!!!

Spiritgreen

Re: The Impatient Aviator

Thank you everyone! It's your votes that are keeping the little guy airborne. :^)

alexskbrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexskbrown

close up of image please?