HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
megsck wrote:maybe if he created the f himself its now a logo, not text =) or i agree with darquis and say that its an equation. what i would worry about is that outside this derby people would just think i was a fb rep supporting the site =)

Question mark is also text. And if in fact it's the logo rather than a similar looking f, then it might get bumped for using a copyrighted logo. Wasn't there one recently that got killed for using something that looked like the Twitter bird? Or was that just an argument...

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: There's an app for that

Didn't someone do this exact same shirt but with Facebook?

Edit: Yep. Sorry. :/ You probably didn't see it...it was already submitted a while ago.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=45643

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: Cellular Technology

I see a lot of colors.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
megsck wrote:maybe if he created the f himself its now a logo, not text =) or i agree with darquis and say that its an equation. what i would worry about is that outside this derby people would just think i was a fb rep supporting the site =)

It doesn't matter if you draw it yourself, it still counts as text to woot. That being said, I'm not sure about this since it's kind of in a "formula" so to speak. We'll see what the rejectionator says. In the meantime...I like the design. ;) Clever!

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

absoloote0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages absoloote0
Re: Eureka!!!! v2

I thought I would try it on a black shirt instead

alirich11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alirich11
Re: Order of Operations

Love this shirt!

absoloote0

HalfWheat wrote:The no text rule generally includes punctuation or anything that's found on a keyboard.

The design doesn't need it anyway, so you might want to resub without it.

Oh ok thanks

absoloote0

Re: Eureka!!! (on mute)

My resub for my third entry. He initially was expressing his excitement, but has now been censored Thanks for the feedback. Keep'em coming.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Curiosity Kills V2

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and feedback. I truly appreciate your support!

chumpmagic

Re: PreModern Contraption

You should probably archive this shirt on MySoti while Woot has it 60 day holding period. It may not be a big deal, but better safe than sorry.

chumpmagic

sogj wrote:Didn't someone do this exact same shirt but with Facebook?

Edit: Yep. Sorry. :/ You probably didn't see it...it was already submitted a while ago.

Similar but different in my opinion. I'd say it is still fair game and still very clever.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Quadratic Formula

The Quadratic Formula. It's very basic.

rufusboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rufusboy

I like it it reminds me of great days back to a time when:

"love potion #9" was a great song and that was that...

absoloote0

Re: Eureka! (on mute) v2

my resubmit for the white version. Thanks for looking and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
sogj wrote:Didn't someone do this exact same shirt but with Facebook?

Yeah, similar ideas come up all the time. I was actually working on this on Friday, but didn't get back to finishing until today. Any similarities are purely coincidental.

@chumpmagic - Thanks for the support. I actually think this is different enough too since it is illustrating the actual steps in the scientific method.

Blinkink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blinkink
mindputtee wrote:Some close ups:

All of the equations are real equations. This is 6 colors on red.

Might as well just resubmit http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=14641 .

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: x = pb j

winner!! nice drawing and so glad you used grapes. I like strawberries but concord grape jelly & peanutbutter is heaven on earth. =P to all you haters.

krazyloon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazyloon
solarhands wrote:Doesn't seem on topic IMO. No science, only probability. Even if there were science, certainly no scientific method.

The theory of probability is science...think the probability of genetics etc. They all go together.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: double helix rainbow

Oops. Made a slight adjustment. Here ya go.

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
walmazan wrote:I think your work its so cool!

Thanks Boots and Walmazan, I'm a big fan of both of your all's work, so this means a lot!

Rake This![/url]

darwinjk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darwinjk

I very much want this shirt!

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Blinkink wrote:Might as well just resubmit http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=14641 .

Just because it's a model of an atom does not make it a copy on another model of an atom. I chose to use carbon because there is an entire field that centers on the study of molecules containing carbon (organic chemistry.) The main theme of this design is the equations and the way they symbolize the progress of science, from the straight math in the center to the more complex formulas derived from it in the outer shells.

bridge2nowhere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bridge2nowhere
Re: The Price of Progress

First Shirt I actually want to buy in a long time.

xbubbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xbubbles
Re: Test Tube Baby

This is so cute. My fav out of all the derby choices. I'll definitely buy one or two if it prints.

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
Re: Nothing Beats the Monkey V2

Capuchin monkeys are otterific, but almost scary smart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo4g2aKscaQ

xbubbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xbubbles
Re: Mr. Potato Head Clock

I like this one. Kids would be more into making the potato clocks if they could use a Mr. Potato Head lol

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Ok, this gets a vote for sheer testicular fortitude. Bravo.

soshad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soshad
Re: If a tree falls in the forest

Neat design. I've always wondered about the theory of falling trees not making noise unless someone is there to hear it.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
fishbiscuit5 wrote:otterific illo! Love the color combo.

Wasn't sure people would like color choice. I appreciate hearing you like it.

Darquis wrote:Pairing Pavlov/bell and Edison/Electric guitar was inspired. And Freud really reminds me of another famous drummer for some reason: Animal. Nicely done. I hope it passes the theme muster!

Inspired is an understatement. When the idea hit me I felt giddy like a school girl havin' a Beiber-attack! Things clicked and flowed. as to the theme issue I think its so left field from what others are doing that it hits the theme straight on... but that's my opinion. Glad you like the design.

chumpmagic wrote:Your stuff always cracks me up!

Glad to hear that. Being new to these derbies and feelin' unsure it connecting, its good to hear comments from those who's designs rock. Here's to keepin' on truckin'.

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Re: Triple Point

Some people like their muffins under-done.
Some people like their muffins golden brown.
Some people like their muffins burnt.

Using this shirt, you can always get it right. Hey, you can even cook them at the muffin triple point and please everyone with one batch of muffins.*

*Note: No actual research has gone into the making of this shirt. Know that if you do decide to bake muffins at 800 degrees you cannot hold me accountable for what may happen.

elessia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elessia
Re: Hi 6

I love the shirt, but I am confused about its relation to this derby. What does six fingers have to do with scientific method?

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Trial and 404 Error

How do most possible expectant mothers find out they're pregnant? Yup. Its got to be the most embarassing way to test and find out. Isn't there a better way apart from waiting and seeing? I'm just sayin'

I did this design first before the Funkenstein design. I had posted an image of it in the pre-derby thread and it didn't get much comments except one advising that it would be rejected for bathroom reference.
I wasn't going to post it but thought... lets see what people thought. If you don't like it... cool. If you do... cool. Let me know. Thanks for stopping by.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!!!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
NameyMcName wrote:I also mentioned earlier that it looked like the left-handed form you show there on the right. If you look at the first place the two strands cross over on the bottom, you can see shading under the one that goes from bottom right to upper left, making it look like it goes over the top.

I didn't notice what you were talking about until you pointed it out, and can understand the confusion now. What you are actually seeing is the overlap of one of the ring structures with the double helix, rather than shading. The DNA is supposed to be entirely white with no shading on it, but overlaps in several places with the molecular structures that I drew. The design consists of a series of overlapping elements that are supposed to interact with each other in various ways using several shades of blue, but in this case I can see why you would think it was intended to be shading.

melsmore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melsmore
Re: x = pb j

This design reminds me of my CAD software, which being only an engineering student, is incredibly frustrating. Once I learn it I'd probably love it, but right now I don't think I can get behind it.

Cool shirt either way though.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: Shark Theory

As always, please be gentle with the comments...I know the artwork is subpar -- that's because I'm not an artist; just someone who enters for fun

About the shirt:

After collecting data (one step of the scientific method), it has been discovered that both ice cream sales and shark attacks increase in the summer. The only explanation for this must be that eating ice cream leads to being attacked by a shark ;)

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
Re: 5 Second Rule

this shirt made me lol xD
otterific :D GMV

patioplr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patioplr
jewelwing wrote:I don't know anything about Hitchhiker's so I didn't get the reference, but I thought it was a good looking shirt. It's cute and simple and I really like that the whale's skin looks all wrinkly, like it's flapping as he falls. Nice touch.

I agree that I know nothing about hitchhikers. However, something falling in a vacuum will encounter no air resistance (hense a vacuum has no air) so the whale skin isn't flapping. It may be wrinkling, but no flappage.

getupeatjelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getupeatjelly

<3 the shirt!

how do i set my laser printer to stun?

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
tjost wrote:Maybe a slight smattering of color either on the jelly or make it look like jelly got on the schematics, I think that would sell it even better, then it would also be applied science.

good idea. too late now, though. : [