kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
ChefRAZ wrote:winner!! nice drawing and so glad you used grapes. I like strawberries but concord grape jelly & peanutbutter is heaven on earth. =P to all you haters.

no doubt.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: Lab Rat

Though the style is totally different, the composition is eerily similar to this

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
Re: 5 Second Rule

i know its repetitive, but seriously that is a great drawing of a fallen pretzel.

ydooli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ydooli
walmazan wrote:Despite your best methods. sometimes there’s no Chemistry

I hope you like it and support this version!

Awww.. I was really hoping to get the v1. v2 is good too, but I would prefer getting 1. I hope you can put v1 on here too!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Trial and 404 Error

So you expect people to wear this? Even kids?

rjohnson313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rjohnson313
littleclyde wrote:Though the style is totally different, the composition is eerily similar to this

Wow... Guess this shouldn't be a shocker. But it's still so disheartening, and given the history I'd be naive to give ramy the benefit of the doubt here. Thanks for finding this...

mjc613

Re: SciCatist

The name on the badge is not allowed this week. Only numbers and mathematical formulas allowed

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
chumpmagic wrote:I'm pretty "creeped" out by it too.

Wow...if it creeps out chumpmagic...just wow...

mjc613

Re: Quadratic Formula

Not crazy about the placement

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
jabberjaws13 wrote:i saw a bunch of recipes with lettuce but i wasn't sure it was necessary.

i am definitely going to try it. my brother and i are splitting lomo saltado and seco de cordero (lamb stewed in red wine, pumpkin, beer, ancho chiles and red peppers). its gonna be otterific. i'll let you know how it is, but i have nothing to compare it to yet. (note to self: find secondary peruvian restaurant for comparison).

I ended up making Tallarin Saltado tonight. It was pretty simple and came out otterific. The aji sauce really adds a lot to the dish, it wouldn't have been as good without it.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
sacrerouge wrote:I don't know about you, but staples will staple you. If your finger is in the wrong place, you will be stapled

Yeah...I stapled my fingers together once...didn't really hurt until I tried to pull the staple out...

jimbobka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimbobka
Re: 5 Second Rule

Really clever - hope this wins. I like shirts that cause people to think a few seconds, then they get it.

rjohnson313

freckledphoebe wrote:While I like the design, this seems more like math than the scientific method.

I agree... Cool design though! I *want* to vote, because my son would love this shirt, but I can't justify that it's the scientific method.

(The thumbnail looks fine to me.)

rjohnson313

Re: The Impatient Aviator

Hmmmm... Not quite as "scientific method" as I'd like it to be, but more on topic than most others, and I can justify how the SM could have come into play here.

This is really cute, and I usually don't like "cute," but I'm voting for this...

rjohnson313

krazyloon wrote:The theory of probability is science...think the probability of genetics etc. They all go together.

You could make the argument that it's science, but I don't see how you can justify it as scientific method.

kaitlinkf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaitlinkf
goldprodigy wrote:Sure enough it's now in the fog; I'm losing faith in shirtwoot with each passing hour.

Lighten up. Recently almost all of the derbies have included the rule against cute penguins, bunnies or kitties. And as others have said in this thread, this shirt has more to do with the scientific theory than a lot of those in the fog right now.
(Also, saying: hey, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, then immediately following it with a rant about how annoyed you are with shirt.woot designers and voters, doesn't work. That's the equivalent of getting to third base with someone of the same-sex then calling no-meat popsicle.)

rjohnson313

palookaboy wrote:As off-theme as ramy's DNA shirt; but at least this one looks cool.

Agreed. Not much on-topic this go-around.

luxifer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luxifer

I can not entirely agree. You say that we could use numbers and mathematical equations. I think we have been too stringent. But rules are rules.

luxifer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luxifer

Rejected? I can not entirely agree. You say that we could use numbers and mathematical equations. I think we have been too stringent. But rules are rules.

rjohnson313

AdderXYU wrote:It really isn't. It's just a hitchhiker's reference couched in some hideous glow and questionably executed drawing. This would not be in the fog without that. would you really wear this if it was a dolphin and a small cactus?

One more case of wholly unattractive being covered up by geek-ref.

I think you're a bit harsh but I agree with the gist of what you're saying... I almost feel inclined to vote for it however, since at least it's on topic.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Siax wrote:WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!!!

You obviously don't understand it.

Ldyandrea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ldyandrea
Re: Hi 6

Hey little twelvetoes!

viper9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages viper9
Re: Order of Operations

Really great. The "minus stick" part is really funny!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
mjc613 wrote:Not crazy about the placement

It is my third derby. I'm open to suggestions. If you have criticisms, let me know. It's encouragement to improve!

andao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andao

Excellent color scheme, love the art style, and Pavlov on the cowbell is a very clever touch.

However, I don't see how a bunch of scientists relates to the scientific method. Sort of like the cartoon beakers and such. Sciency and cool, for sure. Demonstrating the scientific method? Not so much.

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: There’s no Chemistry

I think this version is a lot funnier!

Rake This![/url]

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: Curiosity Kills V2

I voted for this not so much because I want one - it's not really my cuppa - but because it's one of the very few shirts in the derby that's on-topic. And, it is very well-executed, despite not being something I personally want to wear.

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201
Re: Quadratic Formula

So it doesn't even have to be science related now? Although I guess it could be argued math is a science.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
littleclyde wrote:Though the style is totally different, the composition is eerily similar to this

On this one, I don't know that you can really fault Ramy - the idea of role reversals where humans aren't in charge and something else is have existed for ages. I'm sure that Pinky and the Brain did something like this over a decade ago, and they wouldn't have been the first either.

Darquis

snarkygal wrote:You always do this "saved"..why don't you write something? Explain your design or thought process...or just don't even bother..just my .02

It's so he has first comment reserved. I couldn't speak to why the comment still would say saved now.

Shruikan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shruikan
jeanerz13 wrote:As always, please be gentle with the comments...I know the artwork is subpar -- that's because I'm not an artist; just someone who enters for fun

About the shirt:

After collecting data (one step of the scientific method), it has been discovered that both ice cream sales and shark attacks increase in the summer. The only explanation for this must be that eating ice cream leads to being attacked by a shark ;)

The idea is great! But could be a little more artistic.

Normscoffee

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Normscoffee
Re: Double Helix

Ramy said he reworked the shirt in his first comment and then admitted it was a direct resub. Why would he lie about reworking a shirt, unless he knew he was breaking the rules.

elchangoblanco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elchangoblanco
chumpmagic wrote:I love this one, but there is something that constantly bothers me. Someone may have already address this, but doesn't red and blue make green? The dude should be blue and the baby should be green in my opinion,adding that little artist joke in there.

Still a superb job as always!

Edit: I am dumb- blue and yellow make green... Whatever, I just mean use the color wheel to create the baby.

Actually, (pushes in glasses with index finger) I believe Green and Red are complimentary colors. Also, this might show that blue was the recessive trait on the beaker and Erlenmeyer parents. And furthermore, the color wheel goes out the window in chemistry due to the occurrence of the chemical reaction. (Gives self wedgie for incredibly dorky answer)

kc6201

Re: There's an app for that

You are missing some steps at the end, and I tend to think that your #3-5 are all the same step (or at least that they occur simultaneously) but at least you're actually following the theme.

kc6201

Re: Reproducing Results

This is a really clever concept which actually follows the theme, but I didn't get that this was about zombies until I read your comments. I think that part could have been portrayed better.

omegauo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omegauo
Re: Made of carbon

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Darquis wrote:On this one, I don't know that you can really fault Ramy - the idea of role reversals where humans aren't in charge and something else is have existed for ages. I'm sure that Pinky and the Brain did something like this over a decade ago, and they wouldn't have been the first either.

Oh, I'm the first to admit that the concept could be entirely coincidental since, yeah, role reversal is nothing new. But I'm a little disturbed by the similarity in the composition, the horizontal table line, the exact same perspective and elements, the cage position, the mouse outfit, etc. I usually don't like saying a design reminds me of another one, but in this case was like "huh, I've voted on something exactly like this before", and when I found KDLIG's design in my voting history I was kind of taken aback by just how similar they were. Make of it what you will, just thought I'd point it out.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
elchangoblanco wrote:Actually, (pushes in glasses with index finger) I believe Green and Red are complimentary colors. Also, this might show that blue was the recessive trait on the beaker and Erlenmeyer parents. And furthermore, the color wheel goes out the window in chemistry due to the occurrence of the chemical reaction. (Gives self wedgie for incredibly dorky answer)

Eh, good point. Stuff does dissolve and whatnot, and who knows what's in those thingymabobs (I apologize for using such sophisticated lingo).

Since it is art though, it still bugs me not to see it, but its a minor... really doesn't matter since it looks great as is. Just was something that seemed too appropriate to pass up... but that just my take and not yours.

Darquis

Normscoffee wrote:Ramy said he reworked the shirt in his first comment and then admitted it was a direct resub. Why would he lie about reworking a shirt, unless he knew he was breaking the rules.

I think resubs are actually allowed, but I am really not invested enough to research the issue

elchangoblanco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elchangoblanco

Woooo! Yaaaa! It's so intense! It's starting to look like a triple helix!
Sweet man,sweet!