SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
kimvy wrote:Thought that only counted for calories. ;)

GMV, regardless.

Arbitrary calorie rules are thus: any food, no matter how sweet and delicious, is zero-calorie if taken from someone else's plate. As long as you didn't order it yourself, you're in the clear. So sayeth my girlfriend.

Thanks for the vote!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Darquis wrote:I think resubs are actually allowed, but I am really not invested enough to research the issue

I've had a design rejected for "no resubs" before. I think the general rule of thumb is resubs are allowed if you've made a substantial change to the design either conceptually or visually that makes it a "different" design. That's somewhat objective, but they are usually pretty strict about it (most get rejected, one or two have slipped through the cracks).

tgentry

Staff

Re: Bee Careful

Nice clean style! +1

tgentry

Staff

Re: x = pb j

I love the pencil style, especially on those grapes. +1

tgentry

Staff

Re: 5 Second Rule

I kind of wish the pretzel wasn't so huge on the shirt, but those otterific characters more than make up for it. GMV.

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
tgentry wrote:I've had a design rejected for "no resubs" before. I think the general rule of thumb is resubs are allowed if you've made a substantial change to the design either conceptually or visually that makes it a "different" design. That's somewhat objective, but they are usually pretty strict about it (most get rejected, one or two have slipped through the cracks).

But with this having now survived two rounds of rejections, it would appear that, once again, different rules apply to Ramy as to anyone else.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
tgentry wrote:I kind of wish the pretzel wasn't so huge on the shirt, but those otterific characters more than make up for it. GMV.

Thanks! I actually debated the size of the pretzel on the shirt and figured the bacteria would be a nice surprise for anyone looking...plus it's a good excuse for people to stare at your chest. Eh? EH?

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
solarhands wrote:Doesn't seem on topic IMO. No science, only probability. Even if there were science, certainly no scientific method.

This week, show us your take on the Scientific Method. Maybe you'll attest to the value of repeatable results, show us an experiment in motion, or just cram a beaker onto a cute fuzzy animal design and say, "IT'S TOTALLY SCIENCE!

This is this artist's take on the scientific method. and may be used as an explanation for other designs which have been questioned as to being on theme or not. That's my 2 cents...

tgentry

Staff

thurdl01 wrote:But with this having now survived two rounds of rejections, it would appear that, once again, different rules apply to Ramy as to anyone else.

From what I understand they typically wait until Mondays to make rejections in the fog so they can discuss it as a group. Perhaps they think there's enough changes to the design to keep it in, but it not getting rejected during the weekend has little to do with it I think.

midgerock

Re: Curiosity Kills V2

definitely prefer the darker version +1.
call me twisted but you designs darker bent appeals to me each week.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
mrsdowning wrote:I thought the placement is fine. I think this is a great idea.

Thanks!

midgerock

Re: Darwin's Data

This definitely deserves more votes.

midgerock

This is super cute and if printed my daughter would love it. I showed her the pic and she was all, I want that daddy! Thanks! ;)

midgerock

Re: (V2) Do plants grow better with music?

The shirt detail doesn't do this design justice. After clicking it and seeing the full design I love it.

midgerock

Re: Donuts are Devils Riding Unicorns

This needs more votes.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
mjc613 wrote:Not crazy about the placement

Agree. Putting a bottle, even one filled with formula, across the bust is a bad idea.

And yes it's science, just not method. This derby seems to be having difficulty getting both without lots of panels on the shirt.

midgerock

Re: She Blew Me Up With Science

I agree with everyone else.. The design, concept, coloring and shading are wonderful. My only suggestion is rather small and can be discarded... I might have pulled the elements together more. Right now the chalkboard, cheese, lab rat and beaker rocket w/ cat appear a bit separated. Having them touch more, having them overlap a bit more, might draw the design together bit more. This is just a thought mind you. I still love the design.

midgerock

Re: science party!

the color sceme and the little twist of macabre and lime has me lovin' it.

midgerock

Re: The Science of Beauty

the rendering and concept are well done, IMO. I also like the placement on the shirt. My only crit would be color choice and shirt color. I wonder if something technical like this might appear better on cream similar to how well the pb&j shirt is doing. Just thought. Keep on rockin'!

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Normscoffee wrote:I don't think they are but that still doesn't answer why Ramy would lie about making changes to the shirt.

Resubs have been allowed, but Woot has rejected resubs if there haven't been significant changes. Of course, "significant" can be a moving target, so it's hard to say if something will be rejected or not based on a resub.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
snarkygal wrote:You obviously don't understand it.

you obviously haven't seen the video

midgerock

Re: Conclusion: An Edgy 'Do Scores Chicks

Funny and smart entry. The rendering on the penguins is well done. Great job. I wish it was getting more.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Normscoffee wrote:I don't think they are but that still doesn't answer why Ramy would lie about making changes to the shirt.

It's not a direct resub. I outlined the specific changes that I made, there was no lying involved. The comment that I made is that the significance of the changes is a moot point because the design was rejected in its original derby, and woot has set a precedent for allowing resubmissions of shirts regardless of edits being made or not in that situation in the past. In fact, a direct resub went on to win in the two derby. Therefore, I thought it was a point not worth arguing. The original design is still online for everyone who wants to compare, you can compare the two and see the changes. But significant changes or not, it was rejected in its original derby so it should be fair game.

midgerock

Re: Making a Friend

I like the big print and the design is sweet and well done. I wish was getting more love.

midgerock

Re: OOPS!

I prefer this one as well.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Mr. Potato Head Clock

I lost count at a dozen colors, and your thumbnail and comp don't match.

midgerock

Re: Cellular Technology

The design and concept is sweet but as others have said the shirt color is not one used by woot. but don't be discouraged please keep entering. If you could tweak the shirt color and resub the design is worth it.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Spiritgreen wrote:Hey Boots', woot has said the exact same thing about copyright in the past and then clarified that they mean it in the most general sense. Don't lift art or IP and stick it on your shirt without parody. They make sure to remind us of that once in a while, it isn't a plea for "No more pop culture!".

That'd be like Donald Trump becoming a buddhist and giving up all wordly possessions. And who wants to see that?

---S

//raises hand.

...though he could keep that, uh, 'thing' on his head.

edit: It might be a finch!

sergioberra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sergioberra

aroughnah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aroughnah
megsck wrote:there always seems to be an atom shirt in every science derby, but i must say that this is by far my favorite of them. looks great on red and i love the choice of the equations as the electron lines. =)

Argh! Electrons are not little particles whizzing around on lines... Besides that, great shirt

badgermaniac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages badgermaniac
kc6201 wrote:This is a really clever concept which actually follows the theme, but I didn't get that this was about zombies until I read your comments. I think that part could have been portrayed better.

Agreed. I didn't think about it until it was too late. :-(

aluminiumfalcon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aluminiumfalcon

Little known fact:
The 5 second rule actually applies to the time after you SEE the food item, and everytime you blink, the clock automatically resets. For some reason, however, this law does not apply to soups or mashed potatoes, despite the fact that they are food.
The greatest scientific minds of our time have yet to figure out why this is.

Definitely got my vote.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate

In the first millenium, Zu Chongzhi built upon the work of earlier mathematicians to calculate pi correctly to 7 decimals.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Spiritgreen wrote:Hey Boots', woot has said the exact same thing about copyright in the past and then clarified that they mean it in the most general sense. Don't lift art or IP and stick it on your shirt without parody. They make sure to remind us of that once in a while, it isn't a plea for "No more pop culture!".

That'd be like Donald Trump becoming a buddhist and giving up all wordly possessions. And who wants to see that?

---S

A bit exaggerated, I think. We can have shirts without pop culture references. This Spiritgreen guy did one, for example

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
thurdl01 wrote:But with this having now survived two rounds of rejections, it would appear that, once again, different rules apply to Ramy as to anyone else.

Shirts have been reje4cted much later than this in the past - last Wednesday, for example. Monday's usually a pretty big day for them.

electricgoldfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages electricgoldfish
Re: Number Nine

In all honesty, it was meant to look like an exploding gas heart from a test tube. At 580px a lot of the details in the cloud get lost. I hope it doesn't get rejected, but if they decide to, well, then there's nothing I can do about that. I hope you all like it in a purely platonic way.

soshad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soshad

Aw, this is really cute.

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09

This is in no way the Scientific Method.

-Matt Colin

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Extreme Makeover

Very clever way of showing this concept lucky. And cute drawing of course - I especially like the frog and the little martini!

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09
phantompeanut wrote:I couldn't care less if the shirt fits the theme, I want to wear it. The themed shirts are usually pretty stupid anyway.

Theme is the essence of the derby. If you want to buy generic shirts, shop at TeeFury.

-Matt Colin