ruffleshaveridges


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruffleshaveridges
Re: 2 2 = 4 ?



Yeah, I laughed.

cliff001002


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cliff001002
Re: E=MC PI



I had wanted to do something with the graphics tablet but I couldn't think of anything. Next derby.......Next derby.

1 Color (white) on Black

pickletrip


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickletrip
Re: Cloudbusting



Kate Bush is always on topic.

PixelPants


quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate



A refreshing contrasting approach for this derby ThatRobert.

cdiaz1989


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdiaz1989

Saved the image and put it as my desktop. If I can't get it in shirt form, I at least will have it every time I log on.

126894


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 126894

it's so cute :D

126894


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 126894
Re: There’s no Chemistry



i want one o_o

airesso


quality posts: 0 Private Messages airesso

Umm it's MC^2 not pi...

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
SeedUvPain wrote:I keep coming back to this one, wanting to comment but not really knowing how to say it. Your style is so intriguing. It looks well-worn, as if you lifted the images from an old magazine or something. I think it's the quality of the lines and the colors you use, but there's something about it that makes it look classic. it's like a really good album: the first spin will make you feel like you've been listening to it your whole life.

What i'm trying to say is that I like it


Comin' from you... that means a lot. Thanks for the love. I wish others (meaning 99% of the voters! ;)) appreciated it as well.
Thank you for the compliment.

cdiaz1989 wrote:Saved the image and put it as my desktop. If I can't get it in shirt form, I at least will have it every time I log on.



If it doesn't print here I will try my darn'dest to get it printed elsewhere because I really love this one personally. No need for back alley dealings or hiding from the N-a-z-i-s to get it!

EDIT: Here's a link to a tweaked version of the design. I hadn't finished the 16x20 when submitting because its really hard working at that size on my computer. My widdle computer can't handle it. But I worked on it last night and change some things a bit... things which make it better. Let me know what you think.

swammi1203


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
Re: double helix rainbow



There are only two sets of base pairs possible: AT and GC.

phozacle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phozacle
Spiritgreen wrote:Ha. It's funny, I showed my design to a couple of friends and they were all "Hey, the hungry caterpillar."

...

People -expect- a reference. They see them even when they aren't there. :p



I think there is something to this. This particular period in pop culture is obsessed with nostalgia and referencing the glory of things past as opposed to creating new. My psychoanalyst explanation for it is because we were all raised by baby boomers that are continuously forcing us to relive how great everything that happened when they were young was and constantly reminding us that there will never be a band as great as the beetles, that there never will be a war as good for protesting as vietnam, and there will never be childrens shows as good as the ones they made for us when we were young. Create new people!

jeanerz13


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: Nothing Beats the Monkey V2



Maybe you could have a X through each of the items except the monkey...and then a circle around the monkey...like you had gone through testing each of the devices and found that the monkey was the best for musical entertainment... *shrugs* I don't know if it would look any better or worse, but maybe it could have a more scientific method feel if that's the problem for voters? I don't know...

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Free Fall Test


huh, not what I thought I'd posted.

Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Double Helix



For what it's worth, the design I made for the blue contest was rejected on the first day for being off theme, and I re-entered that into the band names contest later on, with no changes, and they didn't reject it.


clarinerd


quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
airesso wrote:Umm it's MC^2 not pi...



Unless it's supposed to be some sort of weird hybrid with Euler's equation...

jboshaw


quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
luxifer wrote:I can not entirely agree. You say that we could use numbers and mathematical equations. I think we have been too stringent. But rules are rules.



You can use equations and numbers. However, you used text that was not numbers not within an equation.

toby8915


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
elessia wrote:I love the shirt, but I am confused about its relation to this derby. What does six fingers have to do with scientific method?



the dna strand has been altered to create a better high5, the high6.

jboshaw


quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
swammi1203 wrote:There are only two sets of base pairs possible: AT and GC.



Maybe it's some crazy DNA/RNA combination! In which case AU is also included... which still doesn't make sense with the colors. Hm.

realtimelaundry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages realtimelaundry
clarinerd wrote:Unless it's supposed to be some sort of weird hybrid with Euler's equation...



ya

effiew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: double helix rainbow



I know this is an "homage" to the crazy youtube video, but another view point is that the shirt is making the statement that homosexuality is genetic.

I'd buy it just for the fun of pissing off the conservatives!

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
effiew wrote:I know this is an "homage" to the crazy youtube video, but another view point is that the shirt is making the statement that homosexuality is genetic.

I'd buy it just for the fun of pissing off the conservatives!




This is a large part of the reason I voted for this design as well. Not so much with the intent of antagonizing anyone, but more with the thought of making the statement "Yes, as a matter of fact, I *was* born this way. Deal with it."

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
endangeredomega wrote:This is a large part of the reason I voted for this design as well. Not so much with the intent of antagonizing anyone, but more with the thought of making the statement "Yes, as a matter of fact, I *was* born this way. Deal with it."



Often times, I respect your points. However, voting for a shirt that is so clearly off topic to make a political point (that I 100% disagree with, by the way) substantially bothers me.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
endangeredomega wrote:This is a large part of the reason I voted for this design as well. Not so much with the intent of antagonizing anyone, but more with the thought of making the statement "Yes, as a matter of fact, I *was* born this way. Deal with it."



It's still not really on topic, though.

You could make the same basic statement with the fine folks of Made With otterific, and not even need to vote for an off-topic rehash of an already tired meme just because it unintentionally holds some truth.

tamsenita


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamsenita
Re: Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!



If this doesn't make it I'll quit Woot, I swear!!! Loves it.

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
AdderXYU wrote:It's still not really on topic, though.

You could make the same basic statement with the fine folks of Made With otterific, and not even need to vote for an off-topic rehash of an already tired meme just because it unintentionally holds some truth.




The shirt is no less off-topic than most of the derby this week, and is nowhere close to the fog. I sincerely doubt my one vote, politically-driven or not, makes one jot of difference. If it stood a chance of printing, I might reconsider my position, but as it stands, the shirt is just like my rampant queerness ... a harmless and mostly irrelevant bit of fun.

sunnysfunny


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunnysfunny
Re: High School Scientific Method



Interesting. So writing utensils CAN feel...

marzipanapple


quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
tgentry wrote:Agreed, the reason they reject is that similar shirts exist so it's a non-issue.



A second 'Agreed'.

I don't like either design, but if we are to agree with Woot's rules (and not make up our own) this is a non-issue.

CapSea


quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Darquis wrote:Ok, so Ramy gets more attention than most, and some people are calling out other shirts. It doesn't mean the critiques are more or less valid



Yes and no. The willingness to call out only one person makes it look to all those not invested like a personal attack. Then they get invested an the opposite side. It is also the reason that Woot does not listen to them anymore - because by only attacking one artist (about which I'm not going to take sides on), the group makes it look like they are not really fighting for change, but rather because of personal hate/distaste.

I'm of the opinion that if you call out one person, you really need to call out all of them. Maybe not as angrily, but if you are actually trying to get the site itself to change, picking on one person (right or wrong) won't affect anything.

JohnDuncanYoyo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnDuncanYoyo
kc6201 wrote:So it doesn't even have to be science related now? Although I guess it could be argued math is a science.



Math is pure science. If Pi works then this should as well.

ZorkFox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZorkFox
Re: Lab Rat



I like the subtle menace implied by the green glow thrown on the rat from the right: like the little spill in the cage is some horrid substance.

You are in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

JohnDuncanYoyo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnDuncanYoyo
sacrerouge wrote:I don't know about you, but staples will staple you. If your finger is in the wrong place, you will be stapled



Doctors have used surgical staplers for years. I remember my dad coming home from a gall bladder operation stapled closed in the seventies.

wootfast


quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

Re: 5 Second Rule



lookie what i found! this is just a random submission to the 'the apathy coalition' derby
(not a duplicate)

Five Second Rule


DrWurm


quality posts: 2 Private Messages DrWurm
u4edot wrote:My chemistry isn't that grate, but don't carbon molecules always have four bonds?



Indeed they do, but in carbon rings, each carbon atom makes one single bond and one double bond to the two adjacent carbon atoms.

SeedUvPain


quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
wootfast wrote:lookie what i found! this is just a random submission to the 'the apathy coalition' derby
(not a duplicate)

Five Second Rule



I knew I should have named this "Pretzel Logic"

melsmore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages melsmore
Re: High School Scientific Method



This shirt is so good. Everything about it is sweet. The grand idea is cool, but the details bring it to the level of wonderful that it is.

limonmix


quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix

Thank you everyone

noardinator


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noardinator
Re: Scientific Steps to Success



Steps of the Scientific Method:

Step 1: Observation
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Research
Step 4: Hypothesis
Step 5: Experiment
Step 6: Analysis
Step 7: Profit





ladynightshade


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladynightshade

Please everyone make shirts I can wear and be geeky but cool in my Biochem classes.

noardinator


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noardinator





ladynightshade


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladynightshade

I really wish the carbon chain was more dominant in this. Everything else draws away the focus so you really can't tell at first glance that it's a chain.

Perhaps use different colors to show the focus is the chain?