faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83
Darquis wrote:That's a bit of specious logic...but it is true that shirts that fog are more LIKELY to sell a decent amount of shirts. Unfortunately, the "few fog rejections" stands true - I don't know what motivates that, but it is rather annoying at times.

Why not reject a shirt in the fog? Let's base it on the the potential 200+ complaints that they might have to deal with from the "I don't care about the rules, I want that shirt" crowd. As opposed to ignoring the ten people who complain that it doesn't fit the rules.
Plus there is generally more of your more popular (better selling) artists in the fog, and I'm sure Woot doesn't upset their better performing "talent".

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate

BootsBoots wrote:Your simple designs always blow me away! Great colors and design.

Thanks Boots.

anjulka wrote:I really liked this design until my partner pointed out that the 1 can't fall behind the 3 like that unless it was cut. Now I keep staring at it. But, I still kinda like it over all.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying if you had paper cutouts of the numbers you'd be able to slide the 1 into the 4's hole but wouldn't be able to tuck it behind the 3? Yes, that's correct. I wasn't attempting to make something that realistic -- instead I was trying to make every number completely recognizable in a very tight space.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kakopa wrote:Maybe I'm dense, but why is it called Darwin's data? He kept his original data forever...huh? Birds are data? I don't get it.

It is a really cool looking design and I love the colors.

the birds are Darwin's finches. His data is the beaks of the finches, which he measured to help explain how evolution worked so dramatically on the Galapagos. One of the fundamental rules in science is that you keep your raw data, so this old Darwin kept his finches, see? so he was keeping the raw data unil he died, in case anyone asked for it, he could prove- oh, never mind!

crevelingma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crevelingma
jboshaw wrote:You can use equations and numbers. However, you used text that was not numbers not within an equation.

Looks like a subtraction problem to me.

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975
Re: x = pb j

Liking this much and will vote! I suspect that one way or another, this will eventually print, simply because Woot likes to make cream shirts because everyone gets so mad about it :-)

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
Re: Curiosity Kills V2

I don't understand...

Why isn't this fogging?!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Josephus wrote:the birds are Darwin's finches. His data is the beaks of the finches, which he measured to help explain how evolution worked so dramatically on the Galapagos. One of the fundamental rules in science is that you keep your raw data, so this old Darwin kept his finches, see? so he was keeping the raw data unil he died, in case anyone asked for it, he could prove- oh, never mind!

Re: Darwin's Data

Thats cute!(that the birds are finches) Now I can understand and appreciate this concept!(above)
I already loved the artwork...+1 from me!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

tdallinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdallinger
BaldBob007 wrote:I think the mouse is plenty cute enough! ;)

But I think taking out the gray and using colored liquids in the beakers would be cool. The image needs to be resized, I think, because it looks too close to the collar and side of the template.

Thank you for the suggestions. I completely agree with your assessments.

SnowQueenVT

indihar wrote:I don't understand...

Why isn't this fogging?!

Re: Curiosity Kills V2

I am just going to say this and sorry I didn't say it before....I love this design but I also really loved the one in the pre derby thread where the sister had a knife. I think that one element added alot of power to the design...just that one little element. And maybe it wouldn't have gotten rejected for the pg thing...look below at this Tarzan pic. I did had a knife.

There are still some days left here, any chance of chucking the knife version into the mix for me if I say pwetty pweese?
(check Page 7, 5:01 am pre derby thread anyone who missed it...)

(ummm since I am making a special request...I liked the pre derby knife one on blue.)I don't blame you for leaving things as they are though,late in the game etc.Plus this version keeps climbing and is excellent as is.(and I hope it prints)

I'll go far away now!

faultylogic83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83
SeedUvPain wrote:It's almost as if two people worked on it...but that's not possible here, is it?

When I first saw the rat I thought it looked like seki's computer mouse from the visual pun derby.
It's not as if these two have a history together or anything... *cough*

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: Made of carbon

Carbon rings are toxic to carbon based life forms.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: x = pb j

for everyone saying there should be a blob of jelly on the shirt, you could always make it happen yourself. customize your shirt to a one-off as plenty of jams and jellies stain, especially grape (ftw!). =)

Happy Beer.

beaterbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate

one thing that ive always found interesting about woot patrons is that they are really proud of themselves for liking this number

Hammylink

Re: Evaporation Cycle

Way too busy and the "sun drop" is a bit confusing.

Hammylink

Re: Repeatable Results Resubbed

Yes! Something on topic.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kenney9226 wrote:Indeed, but it PuckerErlenmeyerFlaskBubbles doesn't sound as good.

Thank you for identifying my error.

PuckerFlaskBubbles sounds good, though.

Hammylink

goldprodigy wrote:Sure enough it's now in the fog; I'm losing faith in shirtwoot with each passing hour.

GP: What faith are you referring to? Looks like you've never ponied up money for even a single shirt. This seems to be on topic enough as it portrays an experiment.

jabberjaws13

Norsemin wrote:Love the shirt, and as many others have said I might need to go get some tacos now. However, the reason I'm writing this is that the blacksmith in me says knives shouldn't have right angles connecting the blade to the tang (metal inside the handle). It hasn't stopped me from voting and won't stop me from buying, just wanted to throw that out there

pretty sure it's not supposed to have arms, hands, legs and feet either, but it's part of the story. =)

Happy Beer.

kate1188

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kate1188
Re: Made of carbon

The print on this shirt is common in department stores and what not. It doesn't look original, and I wouldn't buy it.

jabberjaws13

odysseyroc wrote:"It's over, Johnny...IT'S OVER!"

yeah, frustrated again. this gets ignored, colorful molecule crapola and shiny resubs get votes. blech.

seriously though when you get this printed somewhere, please let me know. probably need to buy two cuz imma where da shiz out of it.

also since i'm making a request, might as well throw this out there, please get it offered in 3x. you may have seen the thread where i talke about it a few days back, but my shoulders and chest make me look ridiculous in 2x. plus i figure a food design might appeal to some of the huskier wooters as well. =)

Happy Beer.

Hammylink

Re: Lab Rat

He's holding the pipette wrong which makes it not as appealing for me.

I think the simple people are ok since I think we do the same thing to cute little animals all the time carcaturizing them into something more sanitary and benign.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: The Price of Progress

This is a gorgeous design. Really, really amazing work here.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Kusmeroglu wrote:Just think of all the chicken joke parties I can bust into with this shirt.. With the snazzy colors and conversational conundrum, I would be the highlight of the evening!

Are chicken joke parties the latest thing? I haven't been invited to any.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
jabberjaws13 wrote:yeah, frustrated again. this gets ignored, colorful molecule crapola and shiny resubs get votes. blech.

seriously though when you get this printed somewhere, please let me know. probably need to buy two cuz imma where da shiz out of it.

also since i'm making a request, might as well throw this out there, please get it offered in 3x. you may have seen the thread where i talke about it a few days back, but my shoulders and chest make me look ridiculous in 2x. plus i figure a food design might appeal to some of the huskier wooters as well. =)

I concur about 3X. I started shopping at shirt.woot because they carry 3X's - and American Apparel.

Hammylink

Re: Taco Math

Looks like the authentic ingredients are used.
+1

Hammylink

Re: What Is and What Should Never Be

I like the two headed one. Wonder which direction the food travels...

Simple is good for this derby.

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx
SeedUvPain wrote:I knew I should have named this "Pretzel Logic"

Steely Dan ref?

Hammylink

Re: 2 2 = 4 ?

Sadly it's off topic.

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: Repeatable Results Resubbed

This design has a lot of visual appeal for me. I love the colors and textures.

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Dr. Badger made a Potion.

Baaaaaaah! This is rad! <3 the colors and the style! :D

Hammylink

Re: The Experiment: Happiness is...

I was hoping there would be a #4 with a warm gun at the end.

Hammylink

Re: I'm doing science and I'm still alive

I guess he grew himself some bigger arms.

armygoal1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages armygoal1
Re: Atoms of Science

Spectacular! I'm really glad that I clicked on the thumb to view the whole shirt in detail. I usually ignore the plethora of Rutherford's model shirts during these derbies, but this one actually has some unique elements (no pun intended) that really make it stand out from the crowd. Concept would definitely not work with the Bohr model, superb job.

P.s. bonus points for your reply about the specifics of the Carbon-12 orbitals

solz22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solz22
Hammylink wrote:Sadly it's off topic.

the scientific method has proved that 2+2 does not always equal 4.

thanks to Mrs. #2 whos spend the last 9 months of her life putting in vigourous hours of research.

Vote for me! <3 thanks

SnowQueenVT

(RE Dr.Badger made a Potion)

bellarific wrote:Baaaaaaah! This is rad! <3 the colors and the style! :D

How come you are so awe-some Bella?

Thanks hon. I wonder what next week will bring?

I really love that you've got that cool website!!

viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: double helix rainbow

but...WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?

viciousspike

Re: Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!

Great shirt. Like your science selection as well (maybe could have had Marie Curie on a stripper pole for full on misogynistic effect).

Also, does anyone else out there have an uncontrollable hatred for the term 'otterific'? Is it just me? It kinda reminds me of ewoks and the whole reason I decided to enlist in the Imperial Troopers (aside from the sweet jet bike).

viciousspike

tamsenita wrote:If this doesn't make it I'll quit Woot, I swear!!! Loves it.

Lies! You'll come back to Woot!'s warm embrace. They always come back.

viciousspike

Re: Hi 6

Very nice design, placement, and color selection. High 6 to you sir!
It should print, but I fear I've seen two brown shirts in 1 week already. And given woot's history, I don't think they'll print another brownie for at least 2 weeks. Sad, I know.

SnowQueenVT

viciousspike wrote:Great shirt. Like your science selection as well (maybe could have had Marie Curie on a stripper pole for full on misogynistic effect).

Also, does anyone else out there have an uncontrollable hatred for the term 'otterific'? Is it just me? It kinda reminds me of ewoks and the whole reason I decided to enlist in the Imperial Troopers (aside from the sweet jet bike).

Yeah we need a NEW weird word! That would be otterific!

How about wolverinetastic?