sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
jeanerz13 wrote:...I mean, come on...I KNOW I can't draw...and if you try to tell me how to make it better, I probably don't have the skills to actually take your suggestions. ...

Hey, you did a fine job on the shark.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate

sacrerouge wrote:I'm a pi day baby too. Bring on this shirt!!

It's in the fog now so there's a chance you'll get it!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
sasham62 wrote:Hey, you did a fine job on the shark.

Re: Shark Theory

That is true. (And Sharks are not the easiest thing in the world to draw.)
You're holding back on us Jeanerz!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Test Tube Baby

Aw, sorry to see this out of the fog PS. You really worked some magic differentiating it from the original design. Plus, adorable.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate

(RE This is our birthday!)

sacrerouge wrote:I'm a pi day baby too. Bring on this shirt!!

Yeah,come to mama! A shirt we can wear forever and ever and ever!!(Every one will think we are math freaks but really we are just all about cake and being king/Queen for the day!HaaHaaaHaaaHaaaHaa!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Little Scientist

Very cool website Kate! I just checked it out !

thegeekywife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegeekywife
Re: Number Nine

Wow, I really like the *concept*, but the end result is blush-worthy. Maybe you could make the gas further removed from the test tube and off to the side? Great idea, though.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
jabberjaws13 wrote:you should have deleted the entire first part of your post and written "edit: nevermind the math part, but i'd still like a s'more instead of smiley."

meh, i was thinking that if anyone else who is horrible at math has the same thought they would look at mine and then see the edit and it would be answered, and it would give them some small comfort to know that they are not alone in their aggravation against math, haha. apparently a lot of people don't read the comments before they post however. i have always had a problem "reading math" when i say it out loud it confuses me. when i see graham cracker over 2 in my head i say graham cracker divided by 2 which then makes me imagine two delicious halves of a graham cracker.

jkulton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkulton
Re: 5 Second Rule

I love this! :D

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 116 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Free Fall Test

Thanks everyone for all the support! I'm really happy to see I'm still getting back in the fog after being bounced in and out for a bit. This seems like a particularly tough derby!

@hollywoodjane, sTyLeS, Assassin15, Spiritgreen, sogj, Siax, smirksy, SnowQueenVT, Cantatus, be10der2me, megsck, walmazan, - Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it.

@jasneko and SydsKid - Ugh man the coloring gave me a lot of trouble. I settled on Asphalt because I could use the shirt color for shading on most of the items. But I did try some other colors.

@AdderXYU - Dolphins were a huge part of the book series, they were even on the cover for book 4.

@endangeredomega - LOL, The frog hat design was the first I did. Holds a special place in my heart. I also learned that you shouldn't put words low on a shirt, the word balloon sneaks right under my friend's boob.

As to references I tend to be too coy with them, I feel like I should have pushed this one much more. Sadly most of the changes would have been pretty subtle as well. LOL. I feel a bit weird getting so much dialog on it considering how soft the reference really is, there's no copyrighted characters, no logo, and I didn't even mention it in the write up. Ah well, next time I will really commit!

@Darquis - I would have had to make a different joke then one I did. Therefore it'd be hard to say what the voting would have been like.

@laughalot, jewelwing, and lucky1988 - I'm glad people can enjoy it without needing to know the reference. That whale was a ton of fun to draw.

@BaldBob007 - That's actually hard to know for sure... as the design itself would be quite different to support a different theme or point. I mean if you just jack hammered out the reference and crow bared in something else yeah, I don't think it'd do this well but I don't create designs that way.

@Muppethero, patioplr - Consider the lines as more an iconic representation of the falling motion and not actual air rushing past them.

@jstjred - Radio broadcast =D

thatrobert

HalfWheat wrote:Marshmallows are made with gelatin. Many vegetarians won't eat gelatin, and for sure vegans won't.

I'm vegetarian and don't care for marshmallows so no big loss. I've met vegans who eat s'mores and when I point out where gelatin comes from, they say, "lighten up"! All bets are off when it comes to melty treats...

badgermaniac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages badgermaniac
Re: Reproducing Results

Thanks for the votes so far! Hopefully I will continue to improve my Paint.Net skills. :-)

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
DianaSprinkle wrote:

@jstjred - Radio broadcast =D

Doh! Can't argue that. Good call...

I still don't get why you forgot your towel. That alone was reason to avoid voting. (Which is apparently not necessary due to the overwhelming support. Congratulations by the way.)

wotto

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wotto
SnowQueenVT wrote:Yeah,come to mama! A shirt we can wear forever and ever and ever!!(Every one will think we are math freaks but really we are just all about cake and being king/Queen for the day!HaaHaaaHaaaHaaaHaa!

Ugmonk inspired? Nice clean design.

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker
thatrobert wrote:The way Pi was discovered was precisely the scientific method: mathematicians observed, made a hypothesis, and then either proved or disproved their theory.

If the theme was "science" and not "scientific method", I might agree with you.

True, but this shirt, well executed while it may be, does not detail that method. It is just a number on a shirt. That makes it science at best, and not really the scientific method. It's definitely off-topic, but hey, at least it's well done and not blatantly pandering.

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
jstjred wrote:Doh! Can't argue that. Good call...

I still don't get why you forgot your towel. That alone was reason to avoid voting. (Which is apparently not necessary due to the overwhelming support. Congratulations by the way.)

My book comment came as backlash (still) from the LOTR movies where I actually heard a kid say "Man...they totally set that up for a sequel." Then about a year after they were all out, someone made a reference to LOTR, to which someone else replied "Oh, I've never seen the movies, I don't know what you are talking about."

It hurts when great works are reduced to movies, then the book never gets read. Ugh. I'll even be honest, I watched the Hitchhikers guide movie BEFORE I read the book...but did the right thing and went back to read the book.

kittypoocaca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittypoocaca
chumpmagic wrote:This version includes all the suggestion / feedback from the pre thread (I think it's all... may have missed something) . I will be deleting one of these before the 24 hours is up, so speak up if you prefer on over the other.

OOoh, he's like a young Dr. Horrible. I love it!

kittypoocaca

Re: The Impatient Aviator

soooo cute!!!! *squee*

kittypoocaca

linablade wrote:I've had the song "She Blinded me with Science" stuck in my head for days. And since I work at a vet clinic, his was just the natural progression of things.

Is that Gadeit? lol

thatrobert

wotto wrote:Ugmonk inspired? Nice clean design.

Not specifically but I do like his stuff.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 116 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
jstjred wrote:Doh! Can't argue that. Good call...

LOL, the series has gone through so many formats over the years.

You're right I totally forget my towel, I'll just have to remember not to panic. (I'm still sort of expecting to drop out of the fog any time now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed - ha ha ha ha and there I go, right out of the fog. HEH. Ah well.) Thanks! =]

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!

Hey guys and gals wanted to give a big thank you everyone voting.
I appreciate the support so much.
I hope it continues.

I don't have the internet presence that many of the other artists have such as RamyB or others which seem to have a strong following since they have been doing this much longer than me.

So that's where your help comes in.
Please feel free to share this design on FB, Twitter, etc asking for more support.
I personally love this design and want it to print if not here... somewhere, and your support can make that happen.

Here's to being a dreamer!

thatrobert

dreamwootseeker wrote:True, but this shirt, well executed while it may be, does not detail that method. It is just a number on a shirt. That makes it science at best, and not really the scientific method. It's definitely off-topic, but hey, at least it's well done and not blatantly pandering.

I see your point but this (and many other entries) are showing the results/verification of the scientific method.

midgerock

swammi1203 wrote:A very commendable effort to stick to the theme. Unfortunately, I really can't get behind such a box design on a shirt.

Other than that I find the concept fantastic.

keelhaulkate wrote:i actually like the comic style of this. good job

Thanks both of you.
This design was kind of last minute and needed to get the idea out there. I could have spent more time on the layout of the panels and possible shapes of them maybe to make the design for the shirt more dynamic but it still would have been a panel to panel story. I also think the design would be stronger with words "The Scientific Method" beneath and the numbers 1-3 in each panel with the label of "observe" "Test" and "report". also I wonder if it would look better on black or a darker color. I don't know. Thats my own crit on my own work.
Any other thoughts?

SnowQueenVT

I really love that big bass player in the back (left) he makes it for me. Who ever he is, is now my favorite scientist! Seriously, your artwork is great. You do humans sooo well. This design is very cool.

You have only been submitting for 2 months, but people are going to get to know you.

At 1st Because of your screen name I thought you were female, now know you are a dude! Is Midge in honor of your little kid? Well, keep the characters coming

You know you totally already got my vote . Wish I could hear these guys rip out a tune or two!

mrsjamie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsjamie

I am not a math whiz, but I think this equation is perfect. And, I LOVE that it ends in happiness. If I could vote a dozen times, you'd get all of them!!

Re: Order of Operations

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
jkulton wrote:I love this! :D

Thank you!

Hey guys, i'm flying out to merry olde England today, so I might be a little absent for the next few days, and will certainly be missing out on the next 2 weeks of derbies. Good luck to all, happy derbying, and thank you for the continued support!

SnowQueenVT

SeedUvPain wrote:Thank you!

Hey guys, i'm flying out to merry olde England today, so I might be a little absent for the next few days, and will certainly be missing out on the next 2 weeks of derbies. Good luck to all, happy derbying, and thank you for the continued support!

Re: 5 Second Rule

Have a safe trip, we'll watch the pretzel for you!

(Cheerio! Tally-ho, tip-tip and lets be off with you then shall we?)

Have fun and we will be happy to hear you've arrived safe and sound.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
SnowQueenVT wrote:That is true. (And Sharks are not the easiest thing in the world to draw.)
You're holding back on us Jeanerz!

lol thanks. I googled for how to draw a shark. I found a fairly simple looking one and tried to mimic the important parts.

midgerock

SnowQueenVT wrote:I really love that big bass player in the back (left) he makes it for me. Who ever he is, is now my favorite scientist! Seriously, your artwork is great. You do humans sooo well. This design is very cool.

You have only been submitting for 2 months, but people are going to get to know you.

At 1st Because of your screen name I thought you were female, now know you are a dude! Is Midge in honor of your little kid? Well, keep the characters coming

You know you totally already got my vote . Wish I could hear these guys rip out a tune or two!

Thank you SnowQueenVT. I appreciate you support. Much love here! Yeah I'm a guy and the screen name has a back story but suffice to say my nickname to my friends is "Midge" short for last name.
I have 2 groups on FB dedicate to my stuff.
one for my designs click here and one for my webcomic bloodhound.
Check em out and join.

and BTW, the bass player is Charles "Chuck" Darwin.

SnowQueenVT

jeanerz13 wrote:lol thanks. I googled for how to draw a shark. I found a fairly simple looking one and tried to mimic the important parts.

Nice work. It's great to be able to google up any image you need!!

SnowQueenVT

midgerock wrote:Thank you SnowQueenVT. I appreciate you support. Much love here! Yeah I'm a guy and the screen name has a back story but suffice to say my nickname to my friends is "Midge" short for last name.
I have 2 groups on FB dedicate to my stuff.
one for my designs click here and one for ,y webcomic bloodhound.
Check em out and join.

and BTW, the bass player is Charles "Chuck" Darwin.

See what great taste I have? Choosing Darwin?(Whom I know nothing about!)...now I am interested enough to investigate...thank you , I will enjoy that. Your shirt really is great. Yes, I checked out Blood hound VERY cool!!! Very pleased to enjoy your artwork, because it is so very wolverinetastic!!!

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Double Helix

seeing this shirt -
I'm now I guess in the anti-ramyb camp. it just follows the pattern he has set if you read through his history here at woot.

No. Yes.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Bunsen Burnin

Nice blue flame!

Whenever I see your name I want to say frik-frak. I do not know why!

I like the effect you got there on the flame Frik(frak!)
(love,
snowqueen)

Ryuzaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ryuzaki
Re: Lab Rat

In Soviet Russia...

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
SnowQueenVT wrote:Nice blue flame!

Whenever I see your name I want to say frik-frak. I do not know why!

I like the effect you got there on the flame Frik(frak!)
(love,
snowqueen)

Funny I had two cats name fric and frac.

No. Yes.

SnowQueenVT

(Re Snowqueen wants to call Frik ,Frik-Frak)

frik wrote:Funny I had two cats name fric and frac.

Re: Bunsen Burnin

OK, see...that's it I'm psychic!

I predict that Your blue flame is very cool!
See...did it again!

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
thatrobert wrote:I'm vegetarian and don't care for marshmallows so no big loss. I've met vegans who eat s'mores and when I point out where gelatin comes from, they say, "lighten up"! All bets are off when it comes to melty treats...

http://store.veganessentials.com/dandies-air-puffed-vegan-marshmallows-by-chicago-soy-dairy-p2607.aspx?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase

For making vegan s'mores

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
sacrerouge wrote:http://store.veganessentials.com/dandies-air-puffed-vegan-marshmallows-by-chicago-soy-dairy-p2607.aspx?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase

For making vegan s'mores

if you are using fake marshmallows, you are making fake s'mores, so your at the end of the equation needs to be in quotations, because it's fake happiness, or ""

lol. =)

Happy Beer.

Ryuzaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ryuzaki
Re: Double Helix

I'd just like to point out that if I buy a derby shirt, in a week when I finally get to wear it, no one is going to know what derby it was from, what the rules were, and if it was "on topic" or not. If they do, then they hang out at this site more than most parents on Facebook.

Aside from who created the shirt or if it is on topic (because that is shirt.woot!'s problem), I have to ask myself this question: "Do I like it?".

And the answer here is yes.