Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: Cool Cretaceous Critter

good to see you back lol

pinkturtle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pinkturtle
Re: Cobra Cabaret

Oh my gosh... this is hilarious. LOVE IT!

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: Cross-eyed Cactus in Camouflage

*sigh* I can't draw and I didn't expect to get many votes (my personal record is 19)...but I did think this was going to be my best submission yet...looks like it's my worst...I had 2 votes and actually lost one. Maybe I'll do better next week.

pinkturtle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pinkturtle
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=45881]Cupcake

This rocks. I definetly want one!

cynic11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynic11
Snowymartian wrote:Crockett and Tubbs where the main characters on the Miami Vice TV series....

OHHHHHHHH how perfectly appropriate then! during the miami vice era i was coming into my own on nick jr. so thats why i drew the blank lol

KromeHWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KromeHWI
MadamAtom wrote:Hey, I remember that episode. I'm not sure whether this is kosher--she's got the same hair and the same color dress, but it's not in the same style and no one's flying around, so ... I dunno.

sweeeeet show!

i never saw that episode though, so its definitly not supposed to be a parody, just a cool design i thought up (actually the inspiration came more from clavin and hobbes than anywhere else). ill have to try to check it out sometime!

cynic11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynic11
lunachica86 wrote:I absolutely want one!!
really really hope this does well

thanks so much! as of this message i have 49 votes, thats a new personal high for me lol

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: CopyCAT CATastrophe

Hahahaha! you are in a roll!

Love it!

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal
pkcyrus wrote:This doesn't work in Florida, didn't anyone tell you we only have one season here?

With the number of retirees that live in Florida, we know which season on the shirt that would be.

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Re: Catch of the Century

I agree w/Boots -- I'm lovin' the water on this :-D Nicely done!

viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: cthulhus cookies

Great design. It's a shame it'll never make it in red.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: Cookie Crook Captured, Cops Claim

whay does the cookie monster have horns??

viciousspike

Re: Calorie Burning

It smells like first place in here...

stardamsel

Re: Chicks in Costumes

Super-cute!!! I luv the s'more chick :-D

Nightshooter

Re: Checkmate.

thats not right... the kings can not be touching. if so he would be putting himself in check.

stardamsel

Re: Cheese it!!!

Your adorable cheezes -- they are make me happy. Great job, Spirit! :-D

Nightshooter

Re: You know what they say about C's.

thats not a "C" thats an "A". C is next line up

viciousspike

Re: Cheeseburger Catastrophe

I think this is a solid contender for printing, even though it's in red. I don't understand why its receiving negative comments from some folks. Personally I think they're undercover PETA agents, trying to snub your artistic assertion that animals are, in fact, tasty.

kiasd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiasd
Re: Continental Clique

I LOVE THIS! Its my favorite entry in this derby. I want it so bad! If it doesn't make it to the fog (crossing my fingers), then I want to know a way to own it still Its fantastic!

Nightshooter

Re: I can haz cheezburger?

you need cheese to make it work otherwise its just a burger

tamarwhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamarwhite
BootsBoots wrote:I made it with my BARE HANDS!

If you want to use it, you can. Sometimes I have to fiddle with the colors to get them to match Woot's template colors, but they're pretty much close enough. I think I have Heather Grey on there too.

Anyone's free to use it if they want.

Download Link:
Boots' Template

This is SO amazing. *love*

Your new template is SO much better, I'll SO use it

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
MadamAtom wrote:When I was a little kid, my parents both smoked. They decided to quit when I was, oh, three or so. Dad gave it up right away; Mom was off and on and off again and on again until she finally kicked the habit for good about 20 years ago, about 20 years after she started trying to quit. Watching her struggling with it is the reason I was never even slightly tempted by cigarettes.

Mom is fine. Dad died October 8, 2009, of cancer that started in his lungs and moved to his brain.

The only winning move is not to play.

I wouldn't wear this myself, but I'd give it a thumbs-up on someone else. GMV.

Cancer has siezed many lives with no known cure around the corner. Cigarettes being the leading contributor. My hope is this shirt would bring a light to that in my way and build a dialogue. I know the design may not be for everyone. But I hope people are bold enough to make a statement. Here's me hoping.

lildeb18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lildeb18

This shirt is beautiful and amazing!

CrescentDebris wrote:This started off as some random mess as I warmed up in preparation for a flood of entries with random junk labeled "Chaos". I rotated the swirly mess around and once it hit 170 degrees I thought of a tree so I ran with it. I already had an idea of doing something with a constellation (hopefully Drakxxx still does a solo with that idea) so it just sort of came about over time. I hope you all like it.

Music of choice while working on this, "Explosions in the Sky"

5 colors on Navy

viciousspike

Re: Crusade

House Lannister, anyone?
If you made a similar House Stark shirt I'd buy it.

viciousspike

Re: Catch of the Century

Hemingway would be very proud. GMV.

nehap6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nehap6

Aww, Australia! I feel your pain.

midgerock

Re: Chronicles of Count Dracula

Really dig this Drakxxx!
especially w/ Halloween right around the corner.

midgerock

Re: Cubistic Cuckoo Bee

orange then... oops.
Looks great either way to me!
This needs more votes!

hugefly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hugefly

comeonstealme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages comeonstealme
Nightshooter wrote:thats not right... the kings can not be touching. if so he would be putting himself in check.

I'm not sure if that black piece actually touching the white king is supposed to be the black king or queen. I originally looked at it as the queen. However, if it is the king then you are correct, not to mention that it wouldn't even have been able to get into that position due to putting itself in check multiple times before it got there :-P. Great concept though, maybe the pieces could have been symbolized a little better to clear confusion.

TikiWahine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TikiWahine
Re: Castaway Costumes

But, where's the most famous hat of all? In my eyes anyhow

Great job!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Complementary

As several people figured out, the design is supposed to represent complementary things: colors (blue and orange), as well as the birds of the air and the fish of the sea. They are opposing elements, but in harmony.

I thought about several different types of placements for the design. The first is an S shape, but I scrapped that one because I didn't like the way the shapes interacted on the shirt. I also tried the bird on top and the fish on the bottom, but I decided that it got the message across better with the two of them "switched" in terms of positioning, and made for a more interesting shirt. I'm glad some people are enjoying the design, I just did it for fun and think it turned out nicely.

jtbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbradford
Re: CopyCAT CATastrophe

Wow, I would never have guessed this was by radiomode. The expression on that cat coming out of the copier is priceless.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
Re: Cosmic Clockwork Canary Contemplating Comets

GMV. Would love to see it on navy also.

TikiWahine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TikiWahine
TikiWahine wrote:But, where's the most famous hat of all? In my eyes anyhow

Great job!

Oh, and a coconut radio!!

jtbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbradford
viciousspike wrote:I think this is a solid contender for printing, even though it's in red. I don't understand why its receiving negative comments from some folks. Personally I think they're undercover PETA agents, trying to snub your artistic assertion that animals are, in fact, tasty.

If you look back through the derbies you'd see this idea has been done to death over the years, and printed at least twice (fable's carnivorous rabbits & one by ramy, I think with pigs). The design may be a little different each time, but it's the same concept. So while it may seem fresh and interesting to newcomers, it looks like a rehash to others.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
Re: Cross-eyed Cactus in Camouflage

It's a cute idea. I must admit that I saw green granny panties in the thumbnail. Perhaps that is keeping folks from clicking. Maybe you should resub this with a better thumbnail and see if that helps the votes.

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Crunchy Caterpillar

Nice art style and textures!

pickletrip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickletrip
Re: Cribbage

I really hope this makes it.

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Cannibalism

This should definitely be in the top nine!