NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost
zothommog wrote:Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.

That got me through algebra.

Poor Eddie Murphy Died At Sea.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
ak1803 wrote:i understand most of this problem, but is there any reason we are adding graham cracker twice? who uses four pieces of graham cracker for one smore? what gives?

Graham cracker club-s'mores, anyone?

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
bassanimation wrote:Yeah, hate cake. >

PEMDAS is the only one of those school time things I remember. I forgot the one about the solar system... Something about "My Very Elderly Mother..." doing something...

my very elegant mother just sat upon nine

Nine what? NO ONE KNOWS. This is a poorly thought out mnemonic device.

JonWelford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JonWelford

Ha! I was just eating S'mores earlier this night while doing my calculus homework. Fate tells me I must have this shirt.

Now... time to indulge in more S'mores.

Darquis

ak1803 wrote:i understand most of this problem, but is there any reason we are adding graham cracker twice? who uses four pieces of graham cracker for one smore? what gives?

Ah, that's where the halving comes in. Halve a graham cracker in the beginning, halve one in the end (or more likely, use the leftover half). Thus, one graham cracker per smore!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
NightGhost wrote:Poor Eddie Murphy Died At Sea.

Is that what happened? I just thought it was the whole Pluto Nash thing... Poor dude.

atarango

quality posts: 6 Private Messages atarango

You add HALF of a graham cracker twice, which makes just ONE graham cracker.

Oldknave

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Oldknave

I'm a lot better at understanding this shirt than I am at math...

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

So that's why I should've paid attention in math class!

bntgruender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bntgruender

That's why it is divided by 2. You get half for the bottom and half for the top for a total of 1 whole graham cracker...not 2. ;)

BG

godmadesky

quality posts: 10 Private Messages godmadesky

I would completely understand math if they used less letters and s'more food pictures! (see what I did there?)

What are we holding on to, Sam?
That's there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot
jamesbottomtooth wrote:is this one of those controversial shirts without scientific method relevance?

I was gonna say, this seems more mathy than sciencey...

it's a cute idea, but I was really excited for three science shirts this week :| talked myself out of 5-second rule, so I guess it's down to tomorrow.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jpbay wrote:Is there a size chart?

You can always find a link to the size chart at the bottom of the shirt description on the main page or here.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

fabgab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fabgab

That's not really all that scientific...

rckwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rckwoot

The equation shows a graham cracker being divided by 2. I suspect that means the first graham cracker piece is the base and the second is the top. That being said, I am not a math major so don't hold me too it. :-)

rckwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rckwoot
bntgruender wrote:That's why it is divided by 2. You get half for the bottom and half for the top for a total of 1 whole graham cracker...not 2. ;)

Also, I don't type quickly enough.

clloyd069

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clloyd069

I just realized that I ordered the wrong size - has anyone ever had any luck getting woot to switch the size?

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

So not only are Moon Pies delicious, they also help you cheat at math!

yubyubcommander

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yubyubcommander

I like the shirt but I believe that S'mores would be tastier, neater, and use fewer keystrokes on a RPN campfire.

Darquis

clloyd069 wrote:I just realized that I ordered the wrong size - has anyone ever had any luck getting woot to switch the size?

Email service@woot - it can't hurt, and the shirts won't even be printed for a bit so you should be good to go. Worst case, they can cancel your order and let you start over (which would suck) - but I've had success

vpc2100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vpc2100
blook wrote:You have to be able to close with the smiley face, though.

No, the smiley face is after the equation sign; so it has nothing to do with the left side of the equal sign. Besides the "(" equal the ")".

vpc2100

Dromoro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dromoro
Darquis wrote:I think I can explain the fire - it's representational of heating the delicious reagents. It isn't meant to suggest you actually have fire as an ingredient.

As this is the simplified form of the smore equation (after all, we don't deal with chocolate brand coefficients or graham cracker isotopes) the duration and temperature aren't included - so be careful if you attempt to recreate this experiment! Always be sure to wear the appropriate safety equipment.

I love you

animuson

quality posts: 14 Private Messages animuson

I have to disagree with the use of the "". It should be a picture of a smiley face to match the rest of the formula. I'll be the computer for this one:

Unexpected CHAR_COLON on line 1, expected one of TYPE_INTEGER, TYPE_PICTURE, or MATH_EXPRESSION.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

clloyd069 wrote:I just realized that I ordered the wrong size - has anyone ever had any luck getting woot to switch the size?

Email service@woot.com and they'll fix you up. Include your order number to help them out. Since it's the weekend, you won't hear from them until Monday. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

We didn't subtract the fire!
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning!
We didn't subtract the fire!
Yes I did buy it
while you tried to fight it!

even though your math confuses me i loves smores and this is a cute clever shirt. got one for my dad too whos a mathmatician, he's gonna show it off to all his students next class. =)

vpc2100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vpc2100
blook wrote:You have to be able to close with the smiley face, though.

No, the smiley face is after the equal sign; so it has nothing to do with the left side of the equal sign. Besides the "(" equal the ")". Count them.

vpc2100

pauzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pauzer

Smores aren't that good. The mess outweighs the taste by multiple units of weight.

rooster

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
linksdeity wrote:So not only are Moon Pies delicious, they also help you cheat at math!

I have passed those in stores so many times and been tempted by the way they look... but I feel like just one would already be too much, let alone a whole box!

Congrats art101! Now I want s'mores

tsweeney21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsweeney21

If you use double parenthesis you typically use a bracket to distinguish between the two.

threeam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages threeam

You said we weren't going to be tested on this! I haven't studied, how could you do this to me? This isn't fair!

WBadgers87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WBadgers87
bassanimation wrote:PEMDAS.

Parentheses, Exponents, Multiply/Divide, Add/Subtract.

The one thing about math I learnted.

PEMDAS

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

hmmm... I really like this one... I think better than yesterdays... but I spent my budget on t-shirts yesterday...

danisolas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danisolas
bassanimation wrote:PEMDAS.

Parentheses, Exponents, Multiply/Divide, Add/Subtract.

The one thing about math I learnted.

In grade school I remember seeing a poster that read: Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally (PEMDAS)

-danielle

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 12 Private Messages BIGELLOW

You're not adding the graham cracker twice. You're only using half of it for the bottom and half of it for the top.

Hankshanker

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Hankshanker

Algebra turns me on a little bit, especially after my wife and I argue about who should buy this... for me.

She won, or lost maybe, I'm not sure. But I gotta gonowbye!

wmerwi

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wmerwi

In for 1 for the next camping trip. After a few cocktails perhaps the instructions could prevent a trip to the ER!

katemlyons28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katemlyons28

Is anyone worried about the part where they never subtract the fire?

murraymullet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murraymullet

Man I just remembered how much I love smores. Nice work!

DennisEChung

quality posts: 67 Private Messages DennisEChung
pauzer wrote:Smores aren't that good. The mess outweighs the taste by multiple units of weight.

Have you tried biting sideways? Instead of biting vertically like a sandwich and squeezing the goo out the sides, bite horizontally. The crackers take the load and there is less compression on the goo.

geminitriplets

quality posts: 5 Private Messages geminitriplets

That is the worst shirt ever.