rv49er

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rv49er

Who uses half of a graham cracker for smores? I use two whole crackers.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
pauzer wrote:Smores aren't that good. The mess outweighs the taste by multiple units of weight.

This is blasphemy. As a general rule, mess never, ever, ever, ever, ever outweighs taste. Unless you are a terrible, soulless person.

wmerwi

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wmerwi

Blasphemy indeed. May I suggest replacing the ordinary chocolate with a Kit-Kat bar or a caramel-filled Ghirardelli square? Both are otterific.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I'm so pleased to see this printed! Congratulations Art101. ^_^

I predict a sell-out, so buy now kids or it'll cost you extra tomorrow! And that $5 could be spent on marshmallows, chocolate and Graham crackers.

mikehsk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikehsk

I love the design, but...

White Shirt = buttafuoco

:-(

Edit

White Shirt = F. A. I. L.

(Woot Filters!)

lester68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lester68

The Oliver reference is a cruel attempt to get us to admit our age.

FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte

Now the wife will have to choose between her S'mores Code t-shirt and this one when she's feeling the need to celebrate her love of s'mores.

Judaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Judaki

EDIT: This shirt tells the world: “Please, sir, I want S'more." in a stagey English accent, and greedily extends its grubby hands.

jed1nerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jed1nerd
ebonada wrote:I understand subtracting the stick, but I don't understand not subtracting the fire. Are we supposed to only make s'mores with flaming marshmallows?

I think it is because the dire represents heat. And you can't subtract heatfrom something once it's added. Even if you could subtract the fire, you would end up with a marshmallow that was uncooked, which is no good for marshmallows.

--JN

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges
jasneko wrote:I have passed those in stores so many times and been tempted by the way they look... but I feel like just one would already be too much, let alone a whole box!

Give in to the Moon Pie, you'll never regret it, well until your belt doesn't fit any more. Oh, and don't forget the RC Cola, it's a Southern thing.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
tsweeney21 wrote:If you use double parenthesis you typically use a bracket to distinguish between the two.

I'm glad someone pointed this out. I used to be a middle-school Math teacher, so couldn't help but notice it. I love the shirt and said so in the derby thread, but honestly don't think I can wear it as is. I know most don't care, but with my career history I have to.

lilman1227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilman1227

Why parentheses around the graham cracker division?

TnBill47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TnBill47
SecretAgentWoman wrote:I was told there would be no math...

Chevy Chase as Pres. Gerald Ford on Saturday Night Live, vintage '76?

First WOOT 10/4/04, Total WOOTs 250+ </smart>

TnBill47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TnBill47
Darquis wrote:I think I can explain the fire - it's representational of heating the delicious reagents. It isn't meant to suggest you actually have fire as an ingredient.

As this is the simplified form of the smore equation (after all, we don't deal with chocolate brand coefficients or graham cracker isotopes) the duration and temperature aren't included - so be careful if you attempt to recreate this experiment! Always be sure to wear the appropriate safety equipment.

{Trying to remember Chemistry 101}
Isn't there a representation for a catalyst in a chemical reaction? Besides, I would think that a set of simultaneous multivariate equations would better represent the process... [/nitpick]

First WOOT 10/4/04, Total WOOTs 250+ </smart>

entwangled

quality posts: 3 Private Messages entwangled

otterific shirt. But does anyone else see a problem with depicting one of the most fantastically messy foods on a WHITE shirt? I could only dream of eating smores while wearing this shirt. Smores leave a large debris field.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
lester68 wrote:The Oliver reference is a cruel attempt to get us to admit our age.

Okay - I admit - used to have lunch with Chuck.

pbowman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbowman

Wouldn't the middle of the equation be better if it was ((marshmallow + stick)/fire)??? Read as marshmallow + stick over fire?

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer
Darquis wrote:my very elegant mother just sat upon nine

Nine what? NO ONE KNOWS. This is a poorly thought out mnemonic device.

We used "My Very Energetic Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas."

Now...since there are no pizzas...it's "My Very Energetic Mother Just Served Us Nothing."

She doesn't seem so energetic anymore...

Chizalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chizalk
Darquis wrote:my very elegant mother just sat upon nine

Nine what? NO ONE KNOWS. This is a poorly thought out mnemonic device.

Nine Pillows maybe? But I'm one of the few that says Pluto still counts. Stupid scientists need to quit ret-conning our solar system!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
mikehsk wrote:I love the design, but...

White Shirt = buttafuoco

:-(

Edit

White Shirt = F. A. I. L.

(Woot Filters!)

Dismissing a design because of the shirt color (especially white, which is a great canvas)= megamhyperfail.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
sdkammer wrote:We used "My Very Energetic Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas."

Now...since there are no pizzas...it's "My Very Energetic Mother Just Served Us Nothing."

She doesn't seem so energetic anymore...

This is the mnemonic I used as a kid to remember the order of the planets. I miss Pluto.

Congrats on the print, Art101! I can't wait to wear this shirt when I go camping. Everyone around the campfire will be jealous.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
fishbiscuit5 wrote:This is the mnemonic I used as a kid to remember the order of the planets. I miss Pluto.

We all miss Pluto.

JRebCWO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRebCWO
jasneko wrote:I have passed those in stores so many times and been tempted by the way they look... but I feel like just one would already be too much, let alone a whole box!

Congrats art101! Now I want s'mores

I agree with the above poster. Give in to the Moon Pie. They're even better if microwaved for 10-15 seconds. Now I want Moon Pies. :/

un4gvn1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages un4gvn1

This shirt makes me wish I'd paid attention in Algebra.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Wow, another pending sell out!

bluecobrao95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluecobrao95

I fear the design will end up being small enough such that people will insist on coming uncomfortably close in order to see it, and then just not get it.

And I'm generally not really a white shirt kinda guy.

I still kinda like the design though.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats art101! sell out!!!!!!

well done!

XercesIII

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XercesIII

Ok, everybody knows how to make a smore. What I need is an equation detailing the most effective speed at which to eat your smore but not burn your tongue.

Janiece

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Janiece

s'more please. i missed out on the brilliance of this shirt!

fungpee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fungpee
ak1803 wrote:i understand most of this problem, but is there any reason we are adding graham cracker twice? who uses four pieces of graham cracker for one smore? what gives?

The ratio of one cracker for one side is insufficient. The four cracker divided by two expression suggests breaking the original four-cracker plank from out of the box into two and using the two-cracker plank as the bottom half to hold the marshmellow and then the chocolate and finally the top two-cracker plank to form the delicious sandwich.

I'm looking forward to version 2.0 of this T-shirt where maybe we can add batter and oil and deep fryer to the equation using a Tangent function. ;-)

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
tennisplayer121 wrote:Anyone concerned about not removing fire from the equation?

No. If you remove the heat you turn the s'more into a cold nasty mess instead of warm delicious goodness.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
mhodges wrote:Give in to the Moon Pie, you'll never regret it, well until your belt doesn't fit any more. Oh, and don't forget the RC Cola, it's a Southern thing.

hehe. I think the version I've been tempted by is called 'Choco-pie' or something. It looks the same? Would have to travel quite a distance to get the RC cola I think=)

Congrats on the sellout!

Vote!

hairpuller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hairpuller

the fact that art101 could turn a s'mores shirt into something "sexist" is otterific. please take thy self less seriously. good grief.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
pbowman wrote:Wouldn't the middle of the equation be better if it was ((marshmallow + stick)/fire)??? Read as marshmallow + stick over fire?

Terrible things happen when you try to divide by fire.

MetalGear753

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MetalGear753

I am so sick of waking up at 2:30pm to see them sold out. The life of a college student ends up being forced to pay extra tomorrow. XD I should have checked it last night..at 6 in the morning lol.

Compassing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Compassing

This shirt is flawed. You are of course supposed to collect similar variables before going about with the orders of operation. WHY WASN'T ANYONE INFORMED.

kittyhighmeadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittyhighmeadow

Oh thanks... wait until Saturday morning when all the math teachers finally get to sleep in and put out an otterific math shirt that I'm going to have to wait to spend $15 bucks on! On a teacher's salary!!

kittyhighmeadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittyhighmeadow
NightGhost wrote:Terrible things happen when you try to divide by fire.

math teacher chuckles at this

JesterJosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JesterJosh

Someone might have already said this, but I have to point out what a great camping shirt this would be IF IT WEREN'T WHITE.

That is all.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
JesterJosh wrote:Someone might have already said this, but I have to point out what a great camping shirt this would be IF IT WEREN'T WHITE.

That is all.

White is easily the greatest color available and massively underused. Though I agree that this particular design is not great on white. White shirts need to have a fuller design to hide the pit stains.