tomcall

quality posts: 102 Private Messages tomcall

I think my favorite response to this riddle has always been "penguin in a blender".

TomNibs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TomNibs
kc6201 wrote:The red is part of the joke too. You probably already know that though. There are also like 10 different punchlines for that joke. I also first saw this as Teefury side-art. I think it's really clever, but I'm not sure if I want to buy it or not. I'm not exactly rolling in money.

If you were commie you wouldn't need money... You just gotta be in the party!

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201

You know, I've heard versions of this joke with zebras, penguins, and skunks, but I've never heard one with a magpie.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
aoviss wrote:I minored in poli sci, and I dont get it either.

You just need to have a funny bone, and not take everything seriously.
Zebra
Penguin
Magpie
Skunk

All animals that are black and white...

all animals are wearing communist (or red) garb.

There is your joke. Really, why is it so hard to get?

briskbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briskbot
Assassin15 wrote:Um, the newspaper is missing. I believe a newspaper is black and white and read all over as well.

Well...there is some irony in that, is there not?

Gacktite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gacktite

This is a good shirt.

I would buy it if there wasn't text.

mo0ey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mo0ey
CarnivalNights wrote:Lazy and ready to sleep.

He's not Russian to buy this shirt.

january

quality posts: 41 Private Messages january

For all the people that don't understand it. All the animals are black and white. They are also red all over because they are communist. The shirt comes from the joke: What's black and white and red (read) all over?

Newspaper
Communist Penguin, Zebra, Skunk, and I don't know what kind of bird that is.

nbsiqeqomu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbsiqeqomu

All the characters are black and white. Magpie,skunk,zebra,penguin... Pretty simple

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
nbsiqeqomu wrote:All the characters are black and white. Magpie,skunk,zebra,penguin... Pretty simple

january wrote:For all the people that don't understand it. All the animals are black and white. They are also red all over because they are communist. The shirt comes from the joke: What's black and white and red (read) all over?

Newspaper
Communist Penguin, Zebra, Skunk, and I don't know what kind of bird that is.

mattchua wrote:The animals are all black and white, but they're red cause they're commies!!!! haha statin' the obvious, but i love this shirt!

lawrancechoi wrote:All those animals are black and white. And they are wearing communist hats thus they are "red"

Thanks guys. I think they've got it now.

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul

Stop making me fun of me. I'm not offended Woot. I'm hurt now.

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
JadenKale wrote:You just need to have a funny bone, and not take everything seriously.
Zebra
Penguin
Magpie
Skunk

All animals that are black and white...

all animals are wearing communist (or red) garb.

There is your joke. Really, why is it so hard to get?

I don't think they knew the red=communist part. I wonder what they think the Red Scare was about...

pauzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pauzer

You would just look stupid wearing this. Just buy a shirt with a sickle and hammer and be done with it. Skip the animals.

And really, it's not funny.

rooster

pauzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pauzer
NameyMcName wrote:I don't think they knew the red=communist part. I wonder what they think the Red Scare was about...

Wait. So you're telling me the Red Scare WASN'T a bunch of women having their periods at the same time?

rooster

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

YAY, Omni !!!

congrats on the print, I love the look of this shirt. I love the rich cranberry color, and the bold and striking black and white just look terrific on it.

However, I'm not crazy about the text, I'm pretty sure I'm clever enough to get the joke without it, but the style sure suits the design.

good quality print today!

snowboy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowboy2
NameyMcName wrote:I don't think they knew the red=communist part. I wonder what they think the Red Scare was about...

Scarlet Fever?!
I'm sorry..

nottooangelic1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nottooangelic1

Zebra - Either North Korea or Mainland China.

Penguin - I'm inclined to say Mainland China back in the 1920's because that's the only instance I can find of them with such a uniform within the communist powers.

Magpie - Vietcong (you can tell by the hat)

Badger/Skunk - USSR.

But then again I can be reading too much into this :D

houseofpokemon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages houseofpokemon

If this shirt had a panda, I would have been in for 8.

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
tomcall wrote:I think my favorite response to this riddle has always been "penguin in a blender".

A nun in a knife fight.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Cool print, Omnitarian!

Awes0me!

mgermano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mgermano
nottooangelic1 wrote:Zebra - Either North Korea or Mainland China.

Penguin - I'm inclined to say Mainland China back in the 1920's because that's the only instance I can find of them with such a uniform within the communist powers.

Magpie - Vietcong (you can tell by the hat)

Badger/Skunk - USSR.

But then again I can be reading too much into this :D

I think the Penguin is Kim Jong Il (North Korea). Hat/Sunglasses give it away.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Congrats Omni! The concept's badass, and you know I always think the same of your art. Woohoo! Print!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
nbsiqeqomu wrote:All the characters are black and white. Magpie,skunk,zebra,penguin... Pretty simple

I was the one who suggested that they might be specific communist leaders, since the one on the right looks like Brezhnev. At the very least, they represent communist countries - the Soviet symbol, The Red Army cap, etc.

But I confess that, if the animals are just random black and white creatures, I would be disappointed.

rabidewok

quality posts: 12 Private Messages rabidewok

It greatly amuses me and would go nicely with my "Communist Party" shirt I have! However, I do have to be careful because some people just lack senses of humor, even literal humor!

tomboyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomboyle
lawrancechoi wrote:All those animals are black and white. And they are wearing communist hats thus they are "red"

Aaaand the old school joke

Whats black and white and red all over?

various answers here, a sunburnt pengiun is a good one. a newspaper is a rubbish one. i reckon you can make the rest of the links your selves

;p

pik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pik

I almost wasn't deeply offended about a t-shirt joke,
but then I thought, "were the animals hurt in the making of this?"

Now I can go back to being offended, and all's right with the world....

In for 1!

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Omnitarian! great and funny stuff!

Love it!

theswiftyman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theswiftyman

love this shirt! its missing a communist dominated newspaper though. ifo

theswiftyman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theswiftyman
tomcall wrote:I think my favorite response to this riddle has always been "penguin in a blender".

HAH!

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster

I think only old people get this joke immediately. I mean, I haven't heard this joke since I was in grade school. And then there were the spin offs... "what's green and red and goes round and round?" A frog in a blender.

Or my favorite, "what's green and has wheels and you see everyday?" Grass, I lied about the wheels. hehe

MisterYoda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MisterYoda

I am kinda scared, will they crawl from underneath my bed and beat me?

otimm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages otimm
aoviss wrote:I minored in poli sci, and I dont get it either.

"I minored in Beer Pong and 1) I get it and 2) I probably found a better job than someone who minored in Pol. Sci.... ha ha..

ronzalone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone

Haha I love this shirt, but I'm not sure if I should get it... not sure it's something I would wear.

argusc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages argusc

"What's Black and White and red all over?"
When I was young(think dinosaurs)the original joke punchline was "a newspaper", (read) all over"
Then it turned into-"Zebra, skunk, panda, penguin, nun, etc."
"Hit by a, run over by, bottom of a cliff, etc."--changing it back to "red" (blood)
The idea for awhile was to come up with some new mix of a black and white something and a different accident.
These are all black and white animals that are "red" all over.

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321

In my school the punchline was "a nun with her period". Maybe TeeFury would print that one.

Clovemb

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Clovemb

I always thought the joke was "a zebra with a paint can." Twas a sad day in my household when my husband explained the correct answer to the joke, a newspaper. Although, it did make more sense.

This shirt is funny too.

My avatar needs an eyebrow wax...

prestable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prestable

In Soviet Russia, red shirts order you!

What a country!

peachkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachkin

hahaha. I think it's funny...but woulda been funnier with a space monkey.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

Congrats, O. Is this your first daily print?

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

sidneyanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sidneyanne

I get it, but think it's kinda dumb.