justinselleck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinselleck

I think it's hilarious for different reasons. Growing up there were the "What's black, white, and red all over?" jokes. All of these animals were answers to that. - A skunk that got hit by a truck, a zebra that fell out of a plane, a penguin that got tossed into an assembly plant.....

Quasiskunk

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Quasiskunk

I think the people depicted are (L-r):
Stalin
Kim Jong-Il (guns n glasses)
Mau-Tse Tung (even tho it does look like Brezhnev, but the hat gives it away)
and...no idea who the magpie would be (Ho Chi Min?)

Regardless...it has a skunk on it..I'll buy one

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201
bamaster wrote:I think only old people get this joke immediately. I mean, I haven't heard this joke since I was in grade school. And then there were the spin offs... "what's green and red and goes round and round?" A frog in a blender.

Or my favorite, "what's green and has wheels and you see everyday?" Grass, I lied about the wheels. hehe

I got it immediately. Is 26 considered "old" nowadays? Maybe you haven't heard it since grade school because it's a grade school type joke. I mean, do you really find those kind of jokes funny anymore?

Behn26

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Behn26

I need to buy one of these for Steven Colbert. Let him know the reds are changing their tactics to an all out Tee barrage.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

Big Congrats!!!

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
pauzer wrote:Wait. So you're telling me the Red Scare WASN'T a bunch of women having their periods at the same time?

That'd be hell on the plumbing.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

msruru

quality posts: 15 Private Messages msruru
Behn26 wrote:I need to buy one of these for Steven Colbert. Let him know the reds are changing their tactics to an all out Tee barrage.

but...there's no bear. That would have been perfect.

voiceonly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voiceonly

Black and White cartoon on a red shirt

bekahthepika

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bekahthepika

Way to go Omni! I've been eyeing this design on your flickr page for awhile now. Glad to see it finally in print!

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy

I WANT to love this shirt.
Good base color too.

its just not communist enough.

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

godmadesky

quality posts: 10 Private Messages godmadesky
JadenKale wrote:You just need to have a funny bone, and not take everything seriously.
Zebra
Penguin
Magpie
Skunk

All animals that are black and white...

all animals are wearing communist (or red) garb.

There is your joke. Really, why is it so hard to get?

Agreed! It's a JOKE people, not a commentary on World Events!

What are we holding on to, Sam?
That's there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

NotCesar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NotCesar

Hilarious. Makes me think what else they could accomplish!

multifacet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages multifacet

I don't know if it's because I've read Marx and Engels or because I still remember the "what's black and white..." jokes from when I was a kid, but I found this hilarious from the moment I saw it. And this is what I finally decided I'm going to spend my Woot certificate on!

My "commie" friend, though, thinks it's too cute.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Congrats- great print!

ZombieFuhrer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZombieFuhrer

Ok so I really want this shirt but for some reason it keeps telling me I have to login after I login so I guess I'm going to miss out :/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ZombieFuhrer wrote:Ok so I really want this shirt but for some reason it keeps telling me I have to login after I login so I guess I'm going to miss out :/

Sorry you are having problems. Try clearing your cache/temps. You might also try a different browser.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krautsauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krautsauce
skatimmy737 wrote:Isn't there supposed to be a blender in the mix?

I thought the same exact thing

etiji

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etiji

I snagged two of these with next-day shipping, but it doesn't say it's shipped yet. I was kind of hoping to have this by this weekend as a part of a joke I am playing on a very capitalist friend of mine who will be surrounded with like-minded capitalist friends at some kind of gathering of capitalists. Any idea what's up?

tarzxf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tarzxf
etiji wrote:I snagged two of these with next-day shipping, but it doesn't say it's shipped yet. I was kind of hoping to have this by this weekend as a part of a joke I am playing on a very capitalist friend of mine who will be surrounded with like-minded capitalist friends at some kind of gathering of capitalists. Any idea what's up?

Same here. So much for wearing this to Disneyland. At least the 4 Little Ponies of the Apocalypse arrived ahead of it.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

I haven't gotten the shipment confirmation, but I'm pretty sure it's been shipped because they 'arrived'* today.

(*I missed the FedEx delivery, so they left a note, but their note doesn't tell you what the package was or who it was for, blah blah...)

Darksaber501st

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Darksaber501st
etiji wrote:I snagged two of these with next-day shipping, but it doesn't say it's shipped yet. Any idea what's up?

Ditto here. I really wanted to wear it to a party tonight...

etiji

Still nothin', still doesn't say it was shipped. Any word? Should I be panic-emailing the customer service address?

kibaichi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kibaichi

Hmm, I ordered this shirt on monday and still haven't gotten it yet, and I even paid for the overnight shipping. I got my 5 bucks back from the overnight shipping, but I still want my shirt to come to my doorstep.

wootcrystal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootcrystal

What's black and white and red all over is a joke people :P it's funny because it's black and white animals and they're red all over because communists are red. >.< lets keep it together yo!

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

My friend got his in and he ordered it smartpost.

http://twitpic.com/2upde0

I still don't have mine, and I used overnight. Seems like folks are having the same problem? I'll probably send Woot service an e-mail tomorrow. If anyone else gets a reply from 'em, post the goods here

etiji

It's been a solid week since the original scheduled arrival date at this point and I still got nothin'. The need for the second shirt I ordered is entirely null and void at this point, and as far as I can tell, it hasn't been shipped. Any way my order can be modified to no longer include the second shirt and the next day shipping?

(I'll email about this in a few minutes since I guess that's more the proper route to go by.)

hmerwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
kibaichi wrote:Hmm, I ordered this shirt on monday and still haven't gotten it yet, and I even paid for the overnight shipping. I got my 5 bucks back from the overnight shipping, but I still want my shirt to come to my doorstep.

I have private messaged you your tracking number. Please feel free to contact customer service, service@woot.com, for any other assistance that we may provide.

hmerwin

etiji wrote:It's been a solid week since the original scheduled arrival date at this point and I still got nothin'. The need for the second shirt I ordered is entirely null and void at this point, and as far as I can tell, it hasn't been shipped. Any way my order can be modified to no longer include the second shirt and the next day shipping?

(I'll email about this in a few minutes since I guess that's more the proper route to go by.)

We do appologize that the shipping has taken so long to get to you. Please contact our customer service department, service@woot.com.

mannyrio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mannyrio

LONG LIVE MOTHER RUSSIA!!!

Manny...

bigfrank

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigfrank

I got mine but mine was unwearable, They burnt it when they put the silk screen on, Makes you wonder if it is all done by machine as far as the printing and folding and packing. The shirt was so bad that if it was done by a human then they need to get glases

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

hmerwin

bigfrank wrote:I got mine but mine was unwearable, They burnt it when they put the silk screen on, Makes you wonder if it is all done by machine as far as the printing and folding and packing. The shirt was so bad that if it was done by a human then they need to get glases

We are sorry that you received a damaged shirt from us. Please feel free to contact our customer service department at service@woot.com to let them know about your delima. Again we are very sorry that this has happened.

bigfrank

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigfrank
hmerwin wrote:We are sorry that you received a damaged shirt from us. Please feel free to contact our customer service department at service@woot.com to let them know about your delima. Again we are very sorry that this has happened.

I have bought many shirts from you guys and this has never happened, Can you tell me does this Happen often, BTW CS took care of the problem

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

robertandlucy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertandlucy

i purchased a shirt and i have an order # and tracking number however i have not rec'd this tee shirt and it's been over a month. As far as Fed EX is concerned, the order doesn't exist. What do i do?? It supposedly shipped on 10/8; it's 11/12/10. Would really appreciate any helpful advice. it's for my son's birthday!

thanks