frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: BUH-Leeted

I caved, and finally submitted something.

Strongbad emails
LOL Cat
Ascii Art
First! for forum posts.

and in the end,I wish I could delete all meme from my memory.

No. Yes.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: BUH-Leeted

Totally love me some StrongBad.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Oldfag

The shirt is supposed to have 3 memes at least, and you only have one. And keep in mind that woot LIKES to print shirts for kids, so this may not make the cut for their pg-13 rule.

stompsalot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stompsalot
Re: Poker Game

Really great idea and amazing execution. Facepalm Striker is my favorite!

[+] [+] Vote Windtalker! [+] [+]

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
Sobbid wrote:This looks traced.

But there are some noticable subtle differences. So meh.

Props to those who would have the cajones to wear a shirt like this... me, no.

stompsalot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stompsalot
shellsandoval wrote:Very cool! Did you hand draw this or trace it?

I thought "tracing" was disallowed? I just tried to be extremely particular while drawing the silhouettes, since that's all that I have to go off, for the recognition. I couldn't think of a better solution, to getting Evil Bert in there without a rejection.

Thanks so much for the comments! They made my day.

[+] [+] Vote Windtalker! [+] [+]

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
digdrwoody wrote:is the color sequence in the double rainbow supposed to be wrong?

It's usually red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, right? I've got a rust color to cover red and orange, yellow, two greens, a blue, and then a thin line of rust again. That's a stretch for purple, I realize, but when you blur your eyes, I'd like to think the idea still comes across.

akd85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akd85
Re: Super Happy Fun Roll

I think it really comes down to this...

I really don't like his style of drawing. It's like preschool anime. I mean, it's not bad in theory but it just looks silly on a shirt. Not something id pay money to actually wear.

I still have never seen any of his shirts in real life... and I've seen many people wearing woot shirts. Who buys this stuff?

WOOTZing

heimdallshorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heimdallshorn

I must have this now...

ncolgate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncolgate
theinfinityloop wrote:It's usually red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, right? I've got a rust color to cover red and orange, yellow, two greens, a blue, and then a thin line of rust again. That's a stretch for purple, I realize, but when you blur your eyes, I'd like to think the idea still comes across.

Actually, it's more like the fact that the second rainbow in the double rainbow (the outer one) is supposed to be in reverse colors, with purple on the outside, so it'd be VBGYOR (since indigo is no longer an official color).

ncolgate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncolgate
Re: Super Happy Fun Roll

The double-rainbow is wrong. The outer rainbow should be in the reverse colors of VBGYOR (since indigo is no longer an official color).

sTyLeS

ncolgate wrote:Actually, it's more like the fact that the second rainbow in the double rainbow (the outer one) is supposed to be in reverse colors, with purple on the outside, so it'd be VBGYOR (since indigo is no longer an official color).

True. IRL, in a double rainbow, the one on top is a mirror image of the one on bottom.

sealchild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sealchild
sTyLeS wrote:It's not a woot reference, it's a w00t reference. There actually is a difference.

When there is a "derby #" below it, there is not a difference.

Not that it matters. It's clearly not printing.

elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman
Re: It wasn't supposed to go down like this!

I love it! I felt the exact same way about my entry. So far not that well received, but I couldn't not post it. Check out "Run n' tell that."

elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman
Re: No more spinach!

I love this! But I don't know where the 3 MEMEs are.

chreez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chreez
Darquis wrote:It looks solid to me, other than a result of "fail" on a yes to "any chance they'll give you this shirt" - perhaps a FTW?

I agree with this guy.. I would probably buy this shirt if you changed it to FTW. buttafuoco doesn't make sense..

Did you mean to say that it was buttafuoco that someone would even consider giving up the shirt?

chreez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chreez
sTyLeS wrote:I think this would wear better if the seal were smaller and over the pocket area.

I think that is just your style :P

sTyLeS

chreez wrote:I think that is just your style :P

Quite possibly. That's why I prefaced with "I think". Just my opinion...move along...nothing to see here.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

LOL, this is moving fast! To the fog it's going!

ttang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ttang

Love it!
Mega plus: no catz

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: All Your Cheezburger

Plus eleventy million!!

except i only get one vote. so plus one. :D

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Spiritgreen wrote:In the fog until the end. Mark my words. :^)

Okay, unmark them so I may eat them.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: Will They Blend?

i want this SO. BAD.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

normadelc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages normadelc
Re: Meme Parade

Awwww... you got Snape for the Potter Puppet Pals. At least now he's getting some love...

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
ccazabon wrote:My favorite in this derby. Great execution, but I agree: I don't like the "e" after the "z" and I'm pretty sure it's not there in the "i can haz" meme (generally)

I saw this and did a faceplam I mispelled a mispelled word. Thats what I get for not talking cutesy all the time, I even got it right in the title too My defense is that I finished it at 3am

Edit-
I just emailed Woot a corrected file so if on the off chance it prints it hopefully will look like the below image

frik

Re: I Lol, Therefore I Am

Really, this turned out quite good.

Nice job.

No. Yes.

Azroix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix
Cantatus wrote:Really like your style. The face on the bear is enough to give me nightmares.

If I reach out and at least one person gets nightmares, it'll all be worth it.

frik

Re: The Usual Suspects

Very weird. I just had a conversation over the past couple weeks about this general shirt idea with a friend of mine (are you internet spying on me ;) ). I was close to doing it for this derby but thought the topic was too disheartening to pursue. Guess I can just shelve this idea for good now.

No. Yes.

omaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omaboy
midgerock wrote:graphically I dig this but would add an image of chuck
looking badarse, IMO. +5

Thanks guys this is my first submission, so hopefully you'll enjoy the rest of my following designs as well.

frik

sTyLeS wrote:Totally love me some StrongBad.

Thanks styles. I see you didn't end up submitting? or did I just miss it?

No. Yes.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
ncolgate wrote:Actually, it's more like the fact that the second rainbow in the double rainbow (the outer one) is supposed to be in reverse colors, with purple on the outside, so it'd be VBGYOR (since indigo is no longer an official color).

sTyLeS wrote:True. IRL, in a double rainbow, the one on top is a mirror image of the one on bottom.

Aaaaah, very true. I blame the anteater then. He was so otterific he turned it around.

sTyLeS

frik wrote:Thanks styles. I see you didn't end up submitting? or did I just miss it?

You didn't miss it. And had I submitted something, you still wouldn't have missed it.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Re: A dozen well armed ninja badgers

Badger badger, will it ROCK, can't get rid of a bomb, a lol cat - that's at least four. Pretty much each badger is armed with a meme. Granted, they should have spelled it out, but the rejection on "enough memes" should err on the side of caution

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy

I lol'd.
But I couldn't wear this in public

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
BootsBoots wrote:I'm glad there are some comments about the colors and the liking of them. I debated a long time about them, and wasn't sure they were the best.

Thanks again, everyone!

Maybe if it were on lemon.... It's the new [slate/black/whatever happens to be the popular color at the moment]

Love it, Boots.

dylanbrams

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dylanbrams
Darquis wrote:Badger badger, will it ROCK, can't get rid of a bomb, a lol cat - that's at least four. Pretty much each badger is armed with a meme. Granted, they should have spelled it out, but the rejection on "enough memes" should err on the side of caution

One with a tazer, a Rick Aisley, a ball retriever, a pair of vuvuzelas, a pair of blenders with an iPod in them, a flame lightsaber, a bomb, a lolcat, a mushroom, a Red Paperclip, and a.... Hmm.. forgot the last one. And they are all ninja badgers which is a pair of memes on their own. harshing my mellow.

dylanbrams

dylanbrams wrote:One with a tazer, a Rick Aisley, a ball retriever, a pair of vuvuzelas, a pair of blenders with an iPod in them, a flame lightsaber, a bomb, a lolcat, a mushroom, a Red Paperclip, and a.... Hmm.. forgot the last one. And they are all ninja badgers which is a pair of memes on their own. harshing my mellow.

And that doesn't even include the 'badly drawn Internet art' meme that my obvious lack of Photoshop skillz is part of. ;)

(the last meme was the shakeweight, btw)

sTyLeS

Re: A dozen well armed ninja badgers

There is a rule that states: "Since we're all woefully out of touch curmudgeons, you'll have to list your memes in your entry."

So not following that rule is technically grounds for rejection.

zack84a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zack84a
Re: IZ SHO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Question is will the correct version print, or the one from the derby? I would have a hard time buying a shirt with the code wrong on it.

If correct code prints, i will be buying automatically.

dylanbrams

sTyLeS wrote:There is a rule that states: "Since we're all woefully out of touch curmudgeons, you'll have to list your memes in your entry."

So not following that rule is technically grounds for rejection.

Yeah, I know. I may give it a second shot; I wasn't so happy with either the color composition or the badger bodies, so it might be worth it to rebuild fixing for those, but.... Meh. The idea of stupid memes armed with stupid memes coming out of the darkness was so alluring I had to give it a shot.