Cearius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cearius
Re: Dozen Domo Memes (Resubmit)

Thanks Simcowen & Roksana; glad you like it.

Kinda bummed out my first try at a woot design ended in rejection (as I was afraid it would be for whatever reason). I'm debating whether I should resubmit "with commentary" or just leave it.

parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks
asher0716 wrote:Stalkers don't always stalk their prey for their looks, but for what they might possess..

Like their shirt.

Darquis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Darquis
Assassin15 wrote:So, if wooters don't vote the way YOU want them to, then they shouldn't vote at all eh? In case you haven't noticed, Woot is based in the US, which is not exactly a communist country. People can have opinions without consequences such as revocation of freedom, contrary to what you seem to think.

I'm totally not defending this derby (it's the second most revolting, behind "kawaii", I think), but that comment was one of your most ridiculous.

As for the shirt, it's ok, I wouldn't wear it, but it's probably one of the most creative ones.

I'm not gonna say that people shouldn't vote however they want, but that whole "THIS IS AMERICA" bit is kind of hilarious. There are tons of members of this community who aren't.

Darquis

alfbo wrote:What the third meme? I get the receive bacon and the nomming cat. What am I missing?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/konami-code

macedu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages macedu

Yeah someone already mentioned it but you misspelled "foreign" on the shirt.

macedu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages macedu
macedu wrote:Yeah someone already mentioned it but you misspelled "foreign" on the shirt.

Sorry I meant to add to that post before I submitted it. How much will Woot allow you to edit before they print it? Would they let you change the color of the shirt or anything major like that as well?

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Will They Blend?

I hope they do!Blend Blend Blend!

iloveschocobos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveschocobos
Re: Oh Noes Cheezeburger Version 2.0

Decided that the original design was a little confusing, so here's new one just for fun since it's so late.

This shirt has the following Memes:

1. Can I Has Cheezeburger?
2. Bananaphone
3. Stick Figures on Crack
4. Press Button, Receive Bacon

Cearius

Re: Dozen Domos

Domo performing a dozen of the internet's top memes.

1. Keyboard Cat
2. Double Rainbow
3. Over 9000
4. This is Sparta
5. Bed Intruder
6. Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!
7. Imma let you finish
8. Harmony Harmony – Robot Unicorn Attack
9. Chocolate Rain
10. Hope Poster
11. Sad Keanu
12. World Cup Vuvuzela

and I guess 13. Domo itself.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: BUH-Leeted

I like the lolcats' subtlety, but the bit of strongbad threw me off for a min or so.
Decent job over all.

Cearius

Re: Dozen Domos

This design had been previously rejected on the basis of:

"Use of copyrighted character with no commentary"

At first, copyrighted seemed like a valid reason. but Then I discovered Domo itself was also a Meme.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/domo

So that wouldnt be the case.

So it was probably for lack of commentary which is probably the more trivial reasons to be rejected.

So I'm resubmitting this once more and seeing if it still faces rejection.

Apologies to Darquis, who probably seen this design twice too many times.

Thanks to all who like my first Woot design and/or Domo.

Cearius

Cearius wrote:This design had been previously rejected on the basis of:

"Use of copyrighted character with no commentary"

...Domo itself was also a Meme.

Upon further discussion with peers, it has also been noted that Domo is an nsfw meme.

However, to be honest, the pages doesn't seem to bare anything obviously vulgar or of salacious content.

So perhaps this entry may be rejected for domo being a nsfw subject, which if it is the case, I wouldn't mind as much.

Point is: I tried.

Sorry for the lengthy rant/consecutive posts.

Thanks for the view. Carry on.

dermah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dermah
Re: Meme Parade

If this doesn't print I will punch many things so hard. I feel like I could stare at it every so often and find new things, like a Where's Wally. It took me a good 10 minutes of searching to find Sad Keanu.

Darquis

macedu wrote:Sorry I meant to add to that post before I submitted it. How much will Woot allow you to edit before they print it? Would they let you change the color of the shirt or anything major like that as well?

Generally not - anything too major and you're basically getting votes for a design that isn't what will go to print

Darquis

Cearius wrote:
Apologies to Darquis, who probably seen this design twice too many times.

Oh I only saw it the last time - I think it was a bogus rejection personally because there's obviously a bit of parody here (in that it's a meme acting out other memes) and commentary isn't really an enforced requirement (see also: the binge).

Azroix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix

I'm not sure what the commentary rejection meant to begin with. Does it have to do with the submission not commenting on some part of society or life in general? If that's the case, then I do agree with the rejection, but then practically every other submission has that lack of commentary, and when one person gets rejected while many others slide, THAT, I do not agree with.

+1 for persistance! (I also like the shirt, which is a more valid reason that persistance, but oh well)

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Will They Blend?

Okay... I'll vote for this. I hate this theme and think it is poopoo, but I love how you have them in a blender which suggest to me that you hate this theme too and want memes to suffer. How dare Woot to put you in this position... someone must pay *evil glance towards innocent memes*

Also, coincidently, blended memes are ingested, digested, and converted in to poopoo. VERY RELEVANT AND INCREDIBLY ON TOPIC!!!

You have earn my one and only vote for this week. Grats!

Nougatrocity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nougatrocity

I NEED this shirt. My life can never be complete without it.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
chumpmagic wrote:Okay... I'll vote for this. I hate this theme and think it is poopoo, but I love how you have them in a blender which suggest to me that you hate this theme too and want memes to suffer. How dare Woot to put you in this position... someone must pay *evil glance towards innocent memes*

Also, coincidently, blended memes are ingested, digested, and converted in to poopoo. VERY RELEVANT AND INCREDIBLY ON TOPIC!!!

You have earn my one and only vote for this week. Grats!

Aside for the mumbo jumbo above, this piece is executed well, and I am definitely not afraid to wear red! Great Job!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Poker Game

Based on my past experience I'd be surprised if Woot can print this.

Good design but you're going to need to keep your fingers crossed. :-)

JustinC197

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JustinC197
Cantatus wrote:Is it reassuring to know that once the ball is big enough it will be launched into outer space to become a giant ball of burning gas?

LOL, nice one

dordee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dordee
Re: I Lol, Therefore I Am

Nice drawing, but, it just looks like a bunch of memes thrown together. Too easy, maybe?

dordee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dordee
mjc613 wrote:This is an excellent depiction of this week's theme.

However, I did not vote for it, because I would not wear this.

Ditto that.

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
Quicksloth wrote:I don't see a double rainbow, but I think it looks cool.

Yeah, I was going more for the wording. I wasn't even going to put a rainbow in, but then I started messing around and realized I liked the look :D

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

kinzoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages kinzoku
toby8915 wrote:Che, I can haz cheeseburgers, Ding Fries are Done

Heck yes, I'll always vote for a Che shirt.

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
elmosuperman wrote:Nice work! I dig the colors and hope you get a lot of votes

Thanks!

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

Creeper1313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313
Re: It's A Meme

This shirt is buttafuoco, and cancer.

parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks
macedu wrote:Yeah someone already mentioned it but you misspelled "foreign" on the shirt.

It has been submitted to woot with correct spelling.

There is a rare virus that reverses the i and e on jpegs. Thats the story I'll stick with. ;)

trilliank

quality posts: 6 Private Messages trilliank
Re: lie!

this is one of the few shirts I get! +1

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
utterdamnnonsense wrote:memes:

It's a series of tubes (That's right, test tubes. Maybe the internet is a series of tests...)
Double Rainbow
Awe-some face

I love the title.

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09
brownsquirrel wrote:

Similar shirts exit.

And you know they exist since, you know, MJ subbed this here at woot.

Where can I get that shirt?! I wanted it sooo bad when it was in the derby!!

In regards to this submission: otterific idea, not my favorite drawing though. the colors don't work for me and the prince just looks kinda off...nice work though.

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate
Re: puppet pal keyboard cat loves double rainbows

thanks for all the great comments

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: Double Dutch Rainbow

If we double dutch with the level 60 Pancake Bunny, he will drop that chest piece Leeroy needs.

elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman
Re: Chuck Norris wouldn't blend

SWEET!! I love the design layout; very artistic. +1

IggySorcha

quality posts: 6 Private Messages IggySorcha
sTyLeS wrote:I think this would wear better if the seal were smaller and over the pocket area.

I agree, actually. But I'm not a fan of hugemoungous shirt designs

elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman
Re: Internet Vomit

I like your submission, but I could not wear those colors.

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: Poker Game

Oh! Fogged! I have hopes!

jguss1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jguss1
Re: Double Dramatic Overlook

The memes are over 9000, double rainbow, dramatic chipmunk, and peanut butter jelly time.

jguss1

The memes are over 9000, double rainbow, dramatic chipmunk, and peanut butter jelly time.

jguss1