paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Fearsome Memes of the Wilderness



I'm not a huge fan of this derby, but I gotta give you a +1 for a really creative mashup.

jasneko


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Mix of Six
SnowQueenVT wrote:I absolutely LOVE the haters gonna hate cat soooooo cute!!!

hehe, thanks SnowQueen! That one makes me smile automatically
And if you haven't seen the kitty cat dance, you should see it! (linked above)



Taysha


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Taysha
Re: Taxonomy of LOLcats



LOL cats are the Best..do want now plz!

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
jasneko wrote:hehe, thanks SnowQueen! That one makes me smile automatically
And if you haven't seen the kitty cat dance, you should see it! (linked above)



Oh, that was way too cute! What a fatty!!!
(I wonder who that is singing, sounds like David Bowie)

Re: Mix of Six


http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

Giggers


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Giggers
Re: Meme Parade



Incredible detail!

A caveat: Any woman wearing this is likely to attract (moreso) geeks to stare intently at the woman's chest for prolonged periods with a goofy grin.

sTyLeS


quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Giggers wrote:Incredible detail!

A caveat: Any woman wearing this is likely to attract (moreso) geeks to stare intently at the woman's chest for prolonged periods with a goofy grin.



I thought that was common practice regardless of the woman's apparel.

captainbaldie


quality posts: 2 Private Messages captainbaldie
Johndis5 wrote:"No dialogue"

I guess they were just joking with that rule.



All other rules, including copyright laws, are forfeit when you're working with two of the biggest geekdoms known to mankind.

It's well done, but that's not why people are voting on it.

captainbaldie


quality posts: 2 Private Messages captainbaldie

This is really cool, but I just can't get into it on a shirt. Between the small, landscaped details, and the subtle contrast, I fear it's going to be indistinguishable from anywhere further than 3 feet in front of someone's face.

RaveDroid


quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: Poker Game



This is legendary, wow

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

shinobamoon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinobamoon
Re: Cant Thow Watermelon



the feminine legs and teeth really sell this design, like a bad acid trip

utterdamnnonsense


quality posts: 0 Private Messages utterdamnnonsense
BootsBoots wrote:I love the title.



Well in that case, I'm just going to pretend that the misspelling of "did" was intentional...*whistles nonchalantly*

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Spiritgreen wrote:Based on my past experience I'd be surprised if Woot can print this.



Yeah, I _really_ want this design, but I have to say I'm surprised woot hasn't canned it already, for celebrity likeness, copyrighted stuff, or dialogue.

All that being said, I'm hoping it prints so that I can buy two (both for me: I need a spare for when the first wears out!).

beammedown


quality posts: 1 Private Messages beammedown

:/.. this theme bores me. Is it Friday yet?

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
SnowQueenVT wrote:Cool kitty!!



Thanks SnowqueenVT! Meow!

frik


quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
blanked wrote:I like the lolcats' subtlety, but the bit of strongbad threw me off for a min or so.
Decent job over all.



thanks blanked.

No. Yes.

loaba


quality posts: 47 Private Messages loaba
kinzoku wrote:Heck yes, I'll always vote for a Che shirt.



Che would kill you for it, too. I mean, for buying it that is.

CrescentDebris


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: Containment Breach



I think "Top of the Hotness" during the middle of the afternoon with 8 votes pretty much sums up the theme. Here, make it 9.

vatoslocos


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vatoslocos
Re: Party is on!



YEah the wolves would have been great by themselves, but rules are rules I guess.

GJ

jasneko


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: I Lol, Therefore I Am

Just realized you have 2 entries in the fog - go stardamsel!
Love your sense of color... this one also works so well.

grayehound


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
xcalibre wrote:From a design perspective it would be excellent if you could work the fact that bacon starts with the B and the A. Perhaps also, tying the cat in tighter to the rest of the shirt would be nice.



Had I copied the code correctly from the beginning I might've seen that too, but I'm okay with it as is. That's a great idea, tho, thanks!

And, yea, the cat could possibly be a little more graphically similar to the other shapes, but then he might not be so cute...

JoanH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoanH
Re: Poker Game



Love it! Riker's body language is priceless! I would love to wear this! I hope you get chosen!

csellke


quality posts: 0 Private Messages csellke
captainbaldie wrote:This is really cool, but I just can't get into it on a shirt. Between the small, landscaped details, and the subtle contrast, I fear it's going to be indistinguishable from anywhere further than 3 feet in front of someone's face.



Thats what I love about this shirt!! Its not huge characters that are in your face like so many others.

AcorNayho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AcorNayho
Re: Containment Breach



Epic winz! totes wearable

sergioberra


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sergioberra
Re: Meme Parade



Fantastic!

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
midgerock wrote:graphically alone this is wonderful! +5



Ditto. It looks fabulous on the shirt. Great color choices, execution, etc.

bluchez


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bluchez
bkearney09 wrote:Where can I get that shirt?! I wanted it sooo bad when it was in the derby!!



Here it is on redbubble.

papayabadger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages papayabadger

O_O Orangutan Mating Guide NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD!!

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Stop! U Can't



It might be obvious to some folks, but the memes used need to be listed.

Darquis


quality posts: 28 Private Messages Darquis
mjc613 wrote:It might be obvious to some folks, but the memes used need to be listed.



That's not 3 memes regardless

ronzalone


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone
Johndis5 wrote:"No dialogue"

I guess they were just joking with that rule.



"If your chosen meme has an essential text element (like the "Very Erotic Very Violent" meme), you can use it."

The text is fairly essential for the "NOOOOOO", "It's a trap!", and "There are four lights" memes. I'm not sure how you can really convey those without that text.

spookynutz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookynutz
Re: Bring Home The Bacon (v.2)



Voting for this one just because that Grayehound person's shirt (currently in the fog) didn't get rejected for the hand-dryer artwork, but Ste7enL's first submission did. That's pretty unfair.

spookynutz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookynutz

Oh... and other dude didn't even get the Konami code right, not even on the second shot. buttafuoco.

missmissa07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
Re: shirt 101



I really like this shirt, but I'm not understanding the upside down boxes. Anyone care to explain?

missmissa07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
SnowQueenVT wrote:I am loving the little warriors entering and the cat is simply great.



The warriors would be entering my belly :D.

Thank you guys for creating a good shirt out of a sucky derby topic. You never disappoint!

ste7enl


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ste7enl
spookynutz wrote:Voting for this one just because that Grayehound person's shirt (currently in the fog) didn't get rejected for the hand-dryer artwork, but Ste7enL's first submission did. That's pretty unfair.



His was still in a more original context, so I can't complain- even though the original of this wasn't an exact copy.

jasneko


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
SnowQueenVT wrote:Oh, that was way too cute! What a fatty!!!
(I wonder who that is singing, sounds like David Bowie)

Isn't it? Totally gets stuck in my head and gives me a laugh. Hehe well you should post and tell him, because I believe the singer is the owner of the cat, and the owner is not David Bowie! hehe.

briancrawmer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages briancrawmer
Re: Stop! U Can't



I find it funny, though the design is dull.

Besides the fact that there aren't three memes here...is MC Hammer even a meme at all?

blammoed


quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

Here's a larger image.

Including: double rainbow, keyboard cat, hamster on a piano eating popcorn, and now introducing longcat!

engineererrant


quality posts: 1 Private Messages engineererrant

The memes are close to critical mass on this shirt. Very well done.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Assassin15 wrote:So, if wooters don't vote the way YOU want them to, then they shouldn't vote at all eh? In case you haven't noticed, Woot is based in the US, which is not exactly a communist country. People can have opinions without consequences such as revocation of freedom, contrary to what you seem to think.

I'm totally not defending this derby (it's the second most revolting, behind "kawaii", I think), but that comment was one of your most ridiculous.



As for the shirt, it's ok, I wouldn't wear it, but it's probably one of the most creative ones.



I'm not sure how my comment is in any way ridiculous if this is one of the most creative ones.

Should a less creative shirt win? Not remotely. Why? Because it's less creative. Why should a boring shirt win? Sure, someone might prefer a boring shirt, and that is their prerogative, but why should that boring shirt print over a creative shirt. Which is to say, if you saw two shirts, one boring and one creative, and you had no strong feelings about either one, and knew nothing about the potential popularity of either one, WHY would you pick the boring one?

Ok. Let's pretend that the creative one had no merit in execution. However, this design, as well as Walmazan's, which I also noted in the comment you took exception to, are also two of the most well-executed ones. That's not something you can argue against and come out looking like you know what you're talking about. So we're looking at a creative, well-done design, against less creative, less well done work. Again, which would you pick to sell?

Ok, so you're afraid something won't sell. But this entire derby is about popular internet junk. Either anything on theme would sell decently, so long as it's also well done, or everything has outlasted its shelf life, meaning nothing has a great chance of doing well. This is an absurd defecation of a derby. What these shirts have going for them is being on theme while also potentially being wearable by normal people. There are less on-theme pieces (three lolcats are not three memes) and less wearable pieces (let's just toss a bunch of things on a shirt... these two pieces form a cohesive scene out of all this pointless mashery).

So if the two pieces are indeed among the best, and I'd obviously argue ARE the best this week, and they don't win, that means the likelihood is that something worse won. And if three worse pieces win against two of the best ones, would you not say the voters got it wrong? And if the voters get it wrong, what benefit is there to their voting? They'll only get it wrong again!

If you can judge art only on its popularity, you've missed the entire point of art. It has very little to do with what I think. Science doesn't want us to believe in evolution or global warming because they do. They want us to believe it because incredibly difficult to refute evidence states that that is the most likely reality. Art may be based on opinion, but some aspects of art are not. You can quantify skill and originality and flow and coloration and such. You admit yourself that this is one of the most creative pieces, and you say it in a way that praises creativity. So I'm not really sure how my conclusion, that one of the best pieces not winning implies voters buttafuocoing to do their job correctly, is somehow offensive to you.

Oh, and you might notice that there are lots of tee contests in the US. They all allow votes. But only woot operates solely on most votes = print. Because the other sites know better. Woot has every obligation to run its contest legally and fairly (and I'd argue it does neither), but there is no obligation that every vote in America must be decided purely by majority rule. That's not even how we select presidents.