Eshto

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eshto
maesk wrote:I thought the bottom cat was a mouse

Basement cat was drawn noticeably smaller because good is always more powerful than evil.

I don't really believe that but it sounds nice. :P

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
sogj wrote:If this doesn't win I'm tattooing it on my face.

promise? Gotta take a picture afterwards and prove it

Cearius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cearius
themadteaparty wrote:I'm sad. I really dig this shirt. It would have been a buy.

I don't usually follow derbies this closely as much as this one, but, correct me if my assumption's wrong, this week's set of rules certainly seem ambiguous and hence more problematic than usual.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
be10der2me wrote:The meme itself is questionable, did you visit know your meme? If you had then you would know this to be true.
It is a clear violation of the rules and yet it hasn't been expunged by Woot. Go figure!

It is not clear - flowcharts without text are possible, but aren't really flowcharts (and for the purposes of the meme, the text is fairly necessary). And know your meme is not the meme decider, just a good guide. And nothing on their page says it's questionable, most of the comments tend to agree (not that their commenters are themselves an authority)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Not Amused
jme410 wrote:Great line work and simple color scheme. I quite like this one, though I would not typically be drawn to shirts with cats.
I agree that this has appeal for the un-meme'd. personally I am not a fan of LOL cats (really not a fan), but anybody who logs on should know something about them.
well done!

Thanks jme410. Glad you like it even with subjects you aren't usually drawn to - I appreciate your thoughtful comments!

Vote!

waryan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waryan
Re: Will They Blend?

Pedobear on my chest.......I just can't do it.

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
Re: Poker Game

I don't see it being possible for this to not win 1st. Unless maybe you finsh the sad Keanu

gimmethatplz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gimmethatplz

As a Trek fan, I like!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
sogj wrote:If this doesn't win I'm tattooing it on my face.

THAT I'd like to see.

paigeg

tjost wrote:I just don't think Norris has it in him anymore, he is getting old you know Thanks for the support on this everyone, I know no one really liked this derby but lets hope for the next one

Hey, now, old is a state of mind. And he has one bitchin' colorist working on that (remaining) hair and beard.

paigeg

blammoed wrote:Longcat is actually between the double rainbows. Kinda subtle to see.

and @BootsBoots: Thanks! :3

>facepalm< Oh, now I get it!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

Re: Will They Blend?

paigeg wrote:THAT I'd like to see.

Please don't tease sogj!

Sogj will have to live with the results of this derby for better(shirt) or worse(Blender tattoo on face?don't do it Sogj!!) fo-EVER!!!!

Please retract your drastic statement...we are all worried about you.
Except Boots boots and Paige.(Sadistic...hey, it's not THEIR face!)

(Maybe it would be more effective if you threatened to tattoo it on someone elses face? )

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

akd85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akd85
Re: Ultimate Wisdom

Amazing. I want.

WOOTZing

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
grayehound wrote:Sure, distressing an image should be a basic skill for any designer. I have a mess of scraps of paper I did various scratches and marks on with black ink and anything from a wire brush to a crowquill pen to some random scrap of wood I found in the garage. I've scanned these and brought them into AI and Live Traced them with the Comic Art option. When I need one, I open it up, copy it and put it over the final image, then set the color to the same as the shirt color. I had to clean up this one some so the distressing wasn't obliterating words or important parts of the art. When I was happy with it, I selected everything and hit Merge, then deleted everything that was the shirt color.

There are sites all over that have free texture images you can use, but you need to have one that is both high contrast and 80-90% white so your image doesn't get completely obscured by the distress.

thanks for responding. I gave it a try yesterday on some practice images and was very pleased with the effect I was able to create. Much appreciated.

No. Yes.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
SnowQueenVT wrote:That Batman pose is perfect!

shinobamoon wrote:the feminine legs and teeth really sell this design, like a bad acid trip

Thank you both. The original intent with the legs was just to have it look like he was poised to throw the watermelon, but when I looked at the sketch, I thought ... you know, it works the parody angle.
I have to admit, I'm a bit nonplussed that it just isn't getting the votes.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba
kinzoku wrote:Hey I'm not supporting communism, I just think Che-face shirts are funny.

What I think is funny is that Che would be very displeased to see his own face used as a marketing tool. It's irony, really.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

You should have just called this the LOL cats derby... I won't be purchasing any of the winners.

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy

Ok I take it back. Id wear this in public.
MUST WIN

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

fodder76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fodder76

You not only combined three of the most popular memes, but in context, it's really funny.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Fearsome Memes of the Wilderness

Cheers everyone for the support!

Thanks for the BLA thatrobert!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Hammylink wrote:If we double dutch with the level 60 Pancake Bunny, he will drop that chest piece Leeroy needs.

Thanks Hammylink!

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
loaba wrote:You should have just called this the LOL cats derby... I won't be purchasing any of the winners.

Even though it's very possible we get Badger's Breakfast, Shirt Flowchart and Poker Game (none of which have lolcats - nor does Norris/cheezburger but that one's been to low to print)

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel

Wow, thank you guys so much for the comments and votes! A special thanks goin' out to jago for the Riker suggestion -- brilliant!!!

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Re: I Lol, Therefore I Am

Thanks so much for the comments and votes, everyone! :-D

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
kc6201 wrote:The dog kind of looks like more like a cow or a goat, but otherwise I really like it.

baaaaaaaaah!

emberisle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emberisle
stardamsel wrote:Wow, thank you guys so much for the comments and votes! A special thanks goin' out to jago for the Riker suggestion -- brilliant!!!

How rare is it to have two designs in the fog? Congrats!

giovannib

quality posts: 1 Private Messages giovannib

This better win.

internetsucks2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages internetsucks2010

Can i haz shirt?

phd2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phd2001
lucky1988 wrote:Rad! Love how you treated the typography too. The sesame seeds and "cheesy" type are nice touches.

tjost. am i imagining this? i see the text lines as the ingredients of a burger...
"all your" as the top bun.
"cheezburger" as the cheese.
norris as the meat.
"are belong to" as the bottom bun.
"norris" as a plate.

very clever. best of the derby imo

ksx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksx
internetsucks2010 wrote:Can i haz shirt?

+1

me wants dis shirts!

soralette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soralette

PWND!? This is not where I was trying to post this.

soralette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soralette
Re: shirt 101

parrotworks wrote:For the record, the logic states the only people being stalked are people who have taken your shirt

Considering the ambiguity of "do you own this shirt?" (It could easily mean either that exact, self-same piece of cloth, or a shirt with the same design), I don't know that I agree with your interpretation.

Regardless, encouraging stalking women (or anyone!) is not okay, even if the stalk-ee is wearing your actual shirt.

I liked this design a lot before I got to that corner of the flowchart but, frankly, could not wear it in good conscience with that on there.

kneeofwisdom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kneeofwisdom

LET THIS WIN!

bobby19454

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobby19454
DianaSprinkle wrote:"RECYCLE UR MEMES"

Don't liter, pick that LOLcat off the ground and recycle it into another meme. This shirt includes, Ceiling cat, Monorail cat, and Longcat.

Also it has a halftone for the light blue color.

EDIT: Sorry I'm really tired but the recycle symbol idea was suggested to me by my good friend Mike Vega! That was an excellent suggestion. Thanks dude!

cybergata

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cybergata
blammoed wrote:Here's a larger image.

Including: double rainbow, keyboard cat, hamster on a piano eating popcorn, and now introducing longcat!

I want this on a t-shirt so much. Can you take it to another places to make it into a shirt if Woot doesn't realize what a mistake it is not printing this on to a shirt?

cybergata

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cybergata
tgentry wrote:Containment Breach

Featuring the cat that plays piano, sneezing panda, that condescending owl, the hands receiving bacon, one of three howling wolves, ceiling cat, a hamster dance hamster, the guy that your base belongs to, and the dramatic prairie dog.

Very clever and very cool. If they don't put this on a shirt, I hope you take it to another t-shirt dealer that will. I want it.

espiuu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espiuu
Hippie2MARS wrote:Is disappointment supposed to be spelled incorrectly?

no, I noticed that right after I submitted and I fixed it and resubmitted and for some reason the old one got uploaded again, and the submit site was being weird, so I decided not to bother doing it again... but the thumbnail is right and this sentence was a run-on.

Thanks to all the fans....

Usedtabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Usedtabe
Re: Anonymous Seal Of Approbal

RIAAMostWanted wrote:This is a terrible idea for a t-shirt. I would NEVER want to wear a shirt referencing pedobear, or anonymous. These memes aren't from the same realm of the internet as the rest of the memes that have been referenced in this derby. No offense to 4channers, but these memes are NSFW at all, and don't belong on a woot t-shirt.

Learn to internet.

Esoteric1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Esoteric1081
soralette wrote:Considering the ambiguity of "do you own this shirt?" (It could easily mean either that exact, self-same piece of cloth, or a shirt with the same design), I don't know that I agree with your interpretation.

Regardless, encouraging stalking women (or anyone!) is not okay, even if the stalk-ee is wearing your actual shirt.

I liked this design a lot before I got to that corner of the flowchart but, frankly, could not wear it in good conscience with that on there.

Are you being serious?
The shirt wearer has it coming. Either A: she stole your shirt to get your attention and wants to be stalked. Or 2: she stole your shirt, get it back. Otherwise, the shirt is a joke and nobody is being stalked.

rabidwooter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rabidwooter

Love the shirt, even though I'm not a rabid ST or SW fan. Uh, the NO STAR WARS rule is still there. Am i missing something? I see 2 SW characters on the shirt.

Considering how defensive and crazy everybody gets about following rules. I guess shirts in the fog get a pass, even though it should've been rejected already.