jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Congrats Fishbiscuit!!
(and neighbor!)

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Hopefully this shirt won't put an end to the time honoured tradition of mopping up spills with real cats.

cryptus92

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cryptus92

Finally! A shirt I don't have to wash if stained in future incidents!

Woot!

Spoooonman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spoooonman

Congratulations! Very proud of you!!!!!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Hopefully this shirt won't put an end to the time honoured tradition of mopping up spills with real cats.

beccaness

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness

Ok.. maybe this is just me, but...

So, I love cats. I've always had at least one cat in my life (23 year old cat died last october, and I'm only 19 now)... For the past 10 or so years, we've had at least 5 (some indoor, the rest outdoor). But I stop wearing shirts with cute cats on them when I was 12. I do have one cat shirt, though (Thanks CrescentDebris). But, I digress..

anyway, I just don't get the point of a shirt with cute little cats on it... Maybe if it had a reference to a cat behavior or something, it'd have a stronger concept then "oohlook, i can make coffee stains look like cats!"

Well, the artist did a good job with the rendering. I just don't like the concept.

how the heck did this get 2nd?

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

deathteddy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages deathteddy

Hmm so how exactly do you rest a cup full of coffee on your shirt while wearing it? This confuses me.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
PixelPants wrote:Hopefully this shirt won't put an end to the time honoured tradition of mopping up spills with real cats.

PixelPants wrote:Hopefully this shirt won't put an end to the time honoured tradition of mopping up spills with real cats.

I have a feeling you hope this shirt won't put an end to the time honored tradition of mopping up spills with real cats.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Cantatus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Cantatus

A shirt that comes pre-stained? This is my kind of shirt. It will make me feel like much less of a slob later on!

Assassin15

deathteddy wrote:Hmm so how exactly do you rest a cup full of coffee on your shirt while wearing it? This confuses me.

I bet the design on the shirt was just ink, and not real coffee.

beccaness

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness
Assassin15 wrote:I have a feeling you hope this shirt won't put an end to the time honored tradition of mopping up spills with real cats.

Assassin15 wrote:I bet the design on the shirt was just ink, and not real coffee.

Wow, you're not sarcastic at all XD

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84
marknmo wrote:It looks like they're pooping.

would have said this myself if it wasn't already put so well

crazy4books

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazy4books

Makes me think of Ed Emberley and his thumbprint cats. www.edemberley.com
In for one.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
beccaness wrote:Ok.. maybe this is just me, but...

So, I love cats. I've always had at least one cat in my life (23 year old cat died last october, and I'm only 19 now)... For the past 10 or so years, we've had at least 5 (some indoor, the rest outdoor). But I stop wearing shirts with cute cats on them when I was 12. I do have one cat shirt, though (Thanks CrescentDebris). But, I digress..

anyway, I just don't get the point of a shirt with cute little cats on it... Maybe if it had a reference to a cat behavior or something, it'd have a stronger concept then "oohlook, i can make coffee stains look like cats!"

Well, the artist did a good job with the rendering. I just don't like the concept.

how the heck did this get 2nd?

Well, here's my take on it (which might just be so much sheep dip):

Just as in rock music, where there are concept songs and artistic songs, there are both types at shirt.woot. If you're designing a concept shirt, you don't want to hit your audience over the head with a metaphorical sledgehammer artistically - consider the simple drawing in the wonderfully provocative "Peanut Butter and Jealousy" that was just up for sale.

The converse is true here - this is a minimal concept brought to life with some great artwork. True, there are a lot of cat lovers, but no one is going to see this and then tell a friend "I saw the cleverest tee-shirt today..."

Not only is the artwork professionally rendered, but it's whimsical and happens to look great on a shirt (not all great art does).

I must confess to a personal preference for the artistic shirts. The concept shirts are great for a few laughs or comments, but they get stale pretty quickly. This shirt can be appreciated even when it becomes well-worn and faded.

Meow!

lyonessnyc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonessnyc

Cool! A shirt on which coffee stains will blend in and not be a big "Uh oh, she got coffee stains on her shirt!" moment.

Then again, they might think I got coffee stains on my shirt and made the best of it with a big sharpie pen.

Yeah, win-win. In for one.

Darn you Woot -- I was trying to not buy anything for a while!

lyonessnyc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonessnyc
deathteddy wrote:Hmm so how exactly do you rest a cup full of coffee on your shirt while wearing it? This confuses me.

I can think of a few ways.

One, lying flat in bed reading a book, and putting your coffee cup on your chest or tummy so you can turn a page. Voila -- coffee rings.

Two, you've put your t-shirt down on your table instead of a placemat, and then put down your coffee a few times. Voila -- coffee rings.

Three, you're trying to come up with a cute t-shirt idea, and you put your shirt on your drawing board, and while you're sketching, you put your coffee on the board. And move it. And move it. When you notice the rings, you curse at first, and stop...and notice that if you take your sharpie and draw eyes, nose, and whiskers along with ears...VOILA! Coffee ring cats!

That work for you? :D

mjonatzke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjonatzke

Uh.. this looks like it should have lots of rhinestones and be worn at Christmas time..

word.

naannana

quality posts: 8 Private Messages naannana

THIS IS HOW THEY MAKE THESE SHIRTS!!!!!

deathteddy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages deathteddy
lyonessnyc wrote:I can think of a few ways.

One, lying flat in bed reading a book, and putting your coffee cup on your chest or tummy so you can turn a page. Voila -- coffee rings.

Two, you've put your t-shirt down on your table instead of a placemat, and then put down your coffee a few times. Voila -- coffee rings.

Three, you're trying to come up with a cute t-shirt idea, and you put your shirt on your drawing board, and while you're sketching, you put your coffee on the board. And move it. And move it. When you notice the rings, you curse at first, and stop...and notice that if you take your sharpie and draw eyes, nose, and whiskers along with ears...VOILA! Coffee ring cats!

That work for you? :D

Actually.....yes! It does =O! Inspiration from a accidental coffee placement....ITS GENIUS! Its like drawing the Mona Lisa from a mustard stain!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I'm SO pleased for you, fishbiscuit! I told you this would make it!

It's a wonderful design, hard to believe it's your first print anywhere. Congratulations!

^______^

dakinbacon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dakinbacon

Did you use actual coffee cups to make these shirts? They're pretty legit.

~~~~~~~

MarcosElMalo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MarcosElMalo

I find 90% of the shirts here to be completely unappealing. This shirt I just might buy. Good job!

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
marknmo wrote:It looks like they're pooping.

Totally what I thought. The random stains that aren't part of the cats look like noxious gas clouds. Too bad, otherwise it is a cute design.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

314edpiper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 314edpiper

are they made from real coffee and real cats? if so, I'm in for 3!!

I would say 'Good day,' but 'SUCK IT" sounds better...

sutefani

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sutefani

i actually have 499 checks (bought five years ago at 3 am) with both coffee stains and a cat on them, so this would be the perfect shirt to wear to remind me of the scratch paper in my cabinets.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar

Does this mean I can switch to using coffee filters for litter boxes?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Wow! Second place by 1 vote. Holy cow, er, cat! Thanks so much to everyone who voted, purchased and supported my design. I'm beyond thrilled!!!

My husband is taking me out to breakfast to celebrate my first EVER print! I will enjoy my coffee and try not to spill any on my shirt.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Wow! Second place by 1 vote. Holy cow, er, cat! Thanks so much to everyone who voted, purchased and supported my design. I'm beyond thrilled!!!

My husband is taking me out to breakfast to celebrate my first EVER print! I will enjoy my coffee and try not to spill any on my shirt.

Congrats on your first print! It's such a good feeling.

spicyflavor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spicyflavor

A christmas present for my cat lady aunt.

scottycoen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottycoen

Seriously??? No offense to the artist, but this shirt says..... Old lady with 100 cats/Animal Hoarding Issues. God I hate cat people!

clangle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages clangle

In for 2! One for crazy cat lady me and one for the crazy cat lady sister!
This is a great design in nice colors. I LURVVS it!

sfeitler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sfeitler
NightGhost wrote:
This shirt can be appreciated even when it becomes well-worn and faded.

Meow!

Or, when it starts to fade, you can just re-stain it with fresh coffee...

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Got mine. Shouldn't these cats be more energetic, what with all the caffeine?

Alohamora

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alohamora

I love it! I clicked the gold button for one.

It's been 5 months since I've seen a shirt worth buying here. There were some nice designs, but either I couldn't see wearing them as shirts or the shirt color didn't work for me. Finally, a great design on an OK color.

wgordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wgordon

this is more art than shirt.

i want one, but i really don't wanna wear a dirty shirt...

OUT DAMN'D SPOT!

rosecentaur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosecentaur

In for two! I voted for this one - reminds me of a minimalist/zen brush painting.

Plus, Pennsylvania folks gotta stick together.

Assassin15

beccaness wrote:Wow, you're not sarcastic at all XD

Ah, you noticed?

larryedit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryedit

You could buy and wear this shirt if you don't want to actually tell people about your...er...preferences.

larryedit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryedit

I need a "like" button to click for this post.

msklzannie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie

My sister's allergic to cats. If I buy her this shirt and she wears it, will she break out?

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012