ciarlar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar
dinothedino wrote:I love this design! I could see some hipster indie band using this as their cd cover.

god, why do you have to go and insult the artist like that?

lelouness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lelouness

Btw, John Wayne Gacy was an extremely creepy rapist/serial killer for those who don't bother to google themselves.

I think he started the whole "clowns are creepy" trend.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

would be a cool tattoo.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
valianteffort wrote:Any ornithologists care to guess what kind of owl we're looking at here on this shirt? A Great Horned Owl perhaps?

At first glance I would have gone with Long-Eared, but the shape of the eyes is kind of making me lean toward what you said.

Perhaps the artist could enlighten us?

Regardless, I'm in for one, I'm a sucker for bird shirts.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

As to the breed of owl, I wonder if those frisbees under the wings are a clue. Definately the outdoorsy type.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

I just love owls. They're cool, regal, badass, wise, AND completely terrifying (if you're a field mouse).

oh, and they're my high school mascot. So I'm pretty much in for one of these. Our school colors are purple and white. It would have been nice on purple, but I like the grass green - they have a special additive that makes them softer than any of the other colors. True story.

Well done, Thirsty Fly!

annahennlich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annahennlich

would have been even more otterific on the olive green tee... just because i like those the best.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

Love the design, hate the shirt color. I'm debating which will win out...

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan

What a nice shirt!

Congrats!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

Remember... You Can't Fool Owls!

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

gcadillac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcadillac

not crazy about this design... owls are cool but not this owl

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
deathteddy wrote:This Owl is far too sophisticated to say "Orly".

Yarly

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
ciarlar wrote:god, why do you have to go and insult the artist like that?

I lol-ed at that.

Always love me some Thirsty Fly.

cherryblossomgirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cherryblossomgirl

Yes, it is a great horned owl. And yes I am an ornithologist.

valianteffort wrote:Any ornithologists care to guess what kind of owl we're looking at here on this shirt? A Great Horned Owl perhaps?

samuelrsheridan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samuelrsheridan
cherryblossomgirl wrote:Yes, it is a great horned owl. And yes I am an ornithologist.

Okay "Ornithologist"... whatever that means. If this is such a great horned owl then how come the pattern on it's chest aren't horizontal bars?

irach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irach

love owls and the color green, i'm in for one!

gymell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gymell

I'm not an ornithologist, but of all the owls with ear tufts, this one looks closest to the great horned owl. Certainly not a screech owl or long-eared owl.

horsefacedee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horsefacedee

what a wonderful clean design!

TheDroid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheDroid

Will the owl tell me how many licks it takes to get to the center of the lollipop?

IggySorcha

quality posts: 6 Private Messages IggySorcha

No matter what, no currently extant species of horned/tufted owl exists with that specific pattern so my guess is that either the artist made up their own or stylized a current owl. My best guess would be an Eurasian Eagle Owl if it is the second option, as one of the common morphs include a white-ish chest surrounded by a heavy barring.

Though in the eyes with the skull structure that is more reminiscent of a Great Horned Owl. Especially since the artist is from Philly and they are not only local but can be seen in both the zoo and the Academy of Natural Sciences.

(Credentials: Zoo Scientist with a focus in raptor Ornithology. No masters as of yet so I do not consider myself an ornithologist.)

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
RandomLynx wrote:Love the design, hate the shirt color. I'm debating which will win out...

Everybody's got to have something to wear on St. Pat's.

neonbrite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonbrite

In for one! =D my closet is begginning to have too much grass green though. Well, guess it beats asphalt lol

HANDMADE CANDY JEWELRY + SWEET ACCESORIES! Check out my shop!

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
SailorButterfly wrote:I'll see that and raise you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgbYnNAbSM

Yikes, that's freaky! Was he trying to look like a cat in that last version???

There have been a lot of grass/green shirts lately. I'd like to see more navy (tho that'd be bad for this shirt, this shirt looks good on green). I dont have enough navy shirts.

Where's the crap?

akd85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akd85

Whats with all the bird shirts on woot... is this a on going theme or something?

WOOTZing

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
parrotice wrote:Yikes, that's freaky! Was he trying to look like a cat in that last version???

There have been a lot of grass/green shirts lately. I'd like to see more navy (tho that'd be bad for this shirt, this shirt looks good on green). I dont have enough navy shirts.

I need a good heather grey. I think that's the only color that I don't have.

dysti

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dysti
BootsBoots wrote:I need a good heather grey. I think that's the only color that I don't have.

hear, hear!!!

IggySorcha

quality posts: 6 Private Messages IggySorcha
parrotice wrote:Yikes, that's freaky! Was he trying to look like a cat in that last version???

It's reported to be a "camouflage technique to mimic a dead tree branch or trunk". I like to think of it as Count Dracula. These little guys are my favorite owls by far.

PowerPosture

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PowerPosture

the "This shirt tells the world" for this one brings up the side effect of hooters jokes. Women's sales will probably be down because of this

bfuss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfuss

wish the shirt did not have the branch on it. just the owl.

FAWSTAR

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FAWSTAR

I wonder if Arnold needs a shirt?

Owl be back...

mjonatzke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjonatzke

I like the design but hate the colors

word.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

I like it! Great print. Congrats!

austinsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages austinsmith

100% Cotton, or 50/50?

MSUandUGA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MSUandUGA

Hmm...I like it (cause I love owls). It's interesting that TeeFury is showing something similar in their newsletter today.

http://www.threadless.com/product/2522/Mechanic_owl_King/tab,guys/

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
BootsBoots wrote:I need a good heather grey. I think that's the only color that I don't have.

Funnily enough, my one and only heather grey shirt is an owl shirt. The Parliament of Owls shirt. Not a huge fan of the heather grey (love the shirt, just not the color)... I like darker colors, I guess.

austinsmith wrote:100% Cotton, or 50/50?

I just happen to be wearing a woot shirt today (Exercise Motivation - one of my favs!), so I checked. 100% cotton. and luxurious too!

Where's the crap?

rosecentaur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosecentaur
akd85 wrote:Whats with all the bird shirts on woot... is this a on going theme or something?

It's obvious. Woot is going to the birds!

neonbrite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonbrite
MSUandUGA wrote:Hmm...I like it (cause I love owls). It's interesting that TeeFury is showing something similar in their newsletter today.

http://www.threadless.com/product/2522/Mechanic_owl_King/tab,guys/

I saw that right after buying this one =D want it too!!!

HANDMADE CANDY JEWELRY + SWEET ACCESORIES! Check out my shop!

marilynr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marilynr

Cool shirt! Owl be buying one now...

Love the artist's other work too. Especially the "Yo"owls...I LOLed at that.

cannedpoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cannedpoo

Check out the Owl Box-real live cam of Barn Owls

http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox

cravenmoorehead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cravenmoorehead

cool shirt...congrats