kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1

I bet Darth Vader has a heck of a poker face.

SecretAgentWoman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SecretAgentWoman
petepete16 wrote:I only see two memes,

It's a trap. Duh.

And,

Noooooooooooooo!

Where os the third one? And don't tell me its dogs playing poker because that a hit hit the public pre-Internet, bitches.

The third one is Riker's face palm, the forth is the twist on Picard's "there are four lights!" (yes, I'm a ST:TNG nerd)

::w:o:o:t::

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13
aoviss wrote:Besides infringement, I dont get it.
Its a trap, yes. "Noooo" is not a meme.
Facepalm, yeah. Aces? Do I need to be a picard/trek fan to "get it"?

Whoa, whoa, whoa!
You mean there are people who AREN'T Picard fans out there?!

Buonvino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buonvino
ticalmc2k2 wrote:I'm SO tired of seeing the "It's a trap!" internet meme. It's so tired and played out.

[Someone might just be stumbling upon too many tranny threads on a certain unnamed website] Lmao.

tdawg1914

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdawg1914
Harui wrote:Yeah, I was wondering if I missed something as well, seeing as I neither watch Star Trek, nor play poker.

Haha, TNG fans are will freak out over this one! (including me)
For those wondering where the "four aces" thing comes from... it's a classic Next Generation episode. Picard is captured and tortured. His interrogator tries to break him, starting with getting Picard to say he sees five lights, when the are only four right in front of him.
Culminates in this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

Love the inclusion of Four Aces, and two of the other characters make sense in that scene but I do not get the whole 'It's a Trap!' quote. I know it's the quote but it doesn't make sense to have it in this scene.

jackel15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackel15

I'm impressed with the O.A.R. reference in the description. "Crazy Game of Poker"

Staxeon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon
RandomLynx wrote:Love the inclusion of Four Aces, and two of the other characters make sense in that scene but I do not get the whole 'It's a Trap!' quote. I know it's the quote but it doesn't make sense to have it in this scene.

Maybe he thinks Picard is bluffing.

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 64 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

Luc, i am your father.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Is it just me, or does Vader look exceptionally short in stature...

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

zack11190

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zack11190

As both a Star Wars fan and a TNG fan (we're a rare breed), it is impossible for me to pass this up.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Congrats Star. Well deserved print.

mnadda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mnadda

It's Geordi, not Jordi, and Troi, not Troy. You couldn't spend 8 seconds on the imdb to check?

JethroOp369

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JethroOp369

The picard quote is from one of my favorite episodes of TNG (although I love them all)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_of_Command_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
mnadda wrote:It's Geordi, not Jordi, and Troi, not Troy. You couldn't spend 8 seconds on the imdb to check?

you're expecting people to care?

Staxeon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon
Assassin15 wrote:Is it just me, or does Vader look exceptionally short in stature...

I can't get over how he and Riker apparently share a leg.

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.

marajad3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages marajad3

If it really is a trap do I really want to wander around while wearing a red shirt?

Sokudoningyou

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sokudoningyou
zack11190 wrote:As both a Star Wars fan and a TNG fan (we're a rare breed), it is impossible for me to pass this up.

Me too. Not a raging Star Trek fan, per se (which is amazing, considering my name came from TOS), and I don't get either Riker or Picard's memes, but dude. RAGING GEEKERY. I can't pass that up.

Buonvino

bassanimation wrote:Are you kidding? Nothing can stop the Vader!

Apparently so. Maybe I should get around to submitting a Nintendo/Vader mashup I've had rattling around my head for a few years as a daily. It's bound to do well if your Vader claim is accurate.

bardofawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bardofawen

How are you gentlemen?

All this shirt now belong to me.

(In for 3)

Great job, stardamsel!

sparkyjunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparkyjunk
chrisprender wrote:Things have just not been going well for Ackbar lately:

He'll be fine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQljzQ_FpUE&feature=related

OblivionAngel

quality posts: 7 Private Messages OblivionAngel

I think this is appropriate:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

jjcool

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjcool

Gotta love the internet nerds arguing about whether all four of these qualify as "memes". Love Star Wars, and absolutely love Trek, and I cant see how anyone could possibly pull this shirt off. This just screams uber nerd.

_@Goku@_

quality posts: 2 Private Messages _@Goku@_

I didn't catch the four aces meme, so I asked a friend.

Picard is being tortured by a Cardassian and he's trying to break his will. There is a set of three or five lights behind him that he turns on and they shine on Picards face. Through the interrogation he says the suffering will end if Picard simply states, "There are five lights (instead of the four there)."

And Picard keeps saying, "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moX3z2RJAV8

aMASproduction

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aMASproduction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRrb5xpEpcw
This was my first encounter with the noooo meme back when it was on ytmnd, by far the best!

smolket

quality posts: 5 Private Messages smolket

Completely Amoeba Sized Inside Joke or not....when does anyone playing poker ever say "there are four aces".....?

Could have been a classic shirt, but the horrible wording makes it a no buy.....

SolidAsSnake

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SolidAsSnake

THERE ARE THREE BUYS! Sorry, would say four but I can only buy three of these. So happy this shirt won!!!

missamo80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missamo80

In for one simply because of the "There are FOUR aces".

I was once in vegas for a major conference and had a tech check/dress rehersal the day before my 8 minute on-stage demo. I walked out on stage in front a room set up to seat 2000+, and there were only tech folks hanging around. I looked up and was blinded by stage lights.

I looked out at the empty room and very clearly said "There are FOUR lights".

One camera guy in the middle of the room nearly fell out of his chair laughing. The rest of them? Completely confused.

Neil

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

Three out of four rate on Know Your Meme:

"There are four lights" would probably fit under the "Jean-Luc Picard" meme.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

ciarlar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar

yeah, I'm with everyone else on the "four aces(lights) is not a meme" and that "Noooooooooo" is not a meme. it's funny, but it's not a meme.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
ciarlar wrote:yeah, I'm with everyone else on the "four aces(lights) is not a meme" and that "Noooooooooo" is not a meme. it's funny, but it's not a meme.

You don't surf youtube enough, obviously.

roshinobi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roshinobi

I made my It's a Trap decision a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, and I'm sticking to it. This shirt is too late.

Ranchan528

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ranchan528

Why, oh why isn't Darth Vader saying "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!"?

edit:
my goodness, had no idea woot does not like certain three words together...

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 64 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

Number one I have to go #2. Luc, use the force!

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

ciarlar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar
Xihix wrote:Four aces is a Star Trek reference, kind of meme-ish.

NOOOOOOO is kinda a meme since the Chinese subtitle version had the English say "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!".

Facepalm is there.

IT'S A TRAP is there.

I was going to reply to your post and tell you that you were wrong, the chinese subtitle version says "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!", not "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!"... but when I hit reply, it says "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!" in your message. what is going on around here?!

edit: waaaait a minute. something really IS going on around here. what gives, woot?

bob877

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob877

If you don't know "I SEE FOUR LIGHTS" then you need to hand in your nerd badge and credentials. Now.

Buonvino

sparrowhawk69 wrote:Number one I have to go #2. Luc, use the force!

Is that a Beavis & Butthead reference?
...Although, if I remember correctly, it went "Number one, I order you to take a number two". If so...well played, my friend.

naktipi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages naktipi

This shirt is too fantastical. It must be a trap.

Mmm. Pie.

mxwjs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mxwjs
ciarlar wrote:I was going to reply to your post and tell you that you were wrong, the chinese subtitle version says "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!", not "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!"... but when I hit reply, it says "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!" in your message. what is going on around here?!

edit: waaaait a minute. something really IS going on around here. what gives, woot?

so woot replaces tired internet phrases with other things to be funny. it gets a bit meta sometimes.

mxwjs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mxwjs
bob877 wrote:If you don't know "I SEE FOUR LIGHTS" then you need to hand in your nerd badge and credentials. Now.

...and your woot credentials, they had a whole product blog on it last week... http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=14480