wolfblade

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wolfblade

You think you should let the wookie win? Someone is getting force choked for this.

trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan
ciarlar wrote:I was going to reply to your post and tell you that you were wrong, the chinese subtitle version says "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!", not "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!"... but when I hit reply, it says "OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!" in your message. what is going on around here?!

edit: waaaait a minute. something really IS going on around here. what gives, woot?

you got caught in a woot word edit... that turned into a brand new version of "who's on first".

Too funny

nyyankeeez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nyyankeeez

It's definitely gonna beat "Steaming Mad" for worse sales of the year award!!!! I've NEVER seen a worse shirt on woot since I've been a member. Absolutely TERRIBLE!!!! You should be ashamed!!!!

FutureFox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FutureFox
amnewsboy wrote:That does not look like tea (Earl Grey, hot) that Picard is drinking.

THAT would have been an excellent touch

tdawg1914 wrote:Haha, TNG fans are will freak out over this one! (including me)
For those wondering where the "four aces" thing comes from... it's a classic Next Generation episode. Picard is captured and tortured. His interrogator tries to break him, starting with getting Picard to say he sees five lights, when the are only four right in front of him.
Culminates in this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU

I love Star Trek TNG and I remember that episode. I'm really mixed with the shirt. I love the idea, but there are elements in the design's execution that I'm not a huge fan of. In particular, I'm not liking how the artist drew Picard.

Oranges99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oranges99

Merry Christmas, geeky friends!

It's Girl Scout cookie time.

dawnny67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnny67

This feels like it should work on paper, but it's so many inside jokes it just feels full of buttafuoco. sorry but no.

shyedam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shyedam
aoviss wrote:Besides infringement, I dont get it.
Its a trap, yes. "Noooo" is not a meme.
Facepalm, yeah. Aces? Do I need to be a picard/trek fan to "get it"?

Are you serious? I think that you need to come into the year 2010 and get on YouTube like everyone else before you put these posts up.

This shirt is hilarious! In for 1!

ap210

quality posts: 47 Private Messages ap210
nyyankeeez wrote:It's definitely gonna beat "Steaming Mad" for worse sales of the year award!!!! I've NEVER seen a worse shirt on woot since I've been a member. Absolutely TERRIBLE!!!! You should be ashamed!!!!

/facepalm

In for 1!

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

First time in awhile I knew immediately I needed a Woot shirt as soon as I saw it and it printed. I so called it but it seemed the obvious winner.

skippykj wrote:I don't see it being possible for this to not win 1st. Unless maybe you finsh the sad Keanu

I still would like sad Keanu if you post it somewhere else.

Congrats, Stardamsel!

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn

Can someone explain what tune, if any, i should be hearing in my head when i read the write up?

solitaint

quality posts: 2 Private Messages solitaint
smolket wrote:Completely Amoeba Sized Inside Joke or not....when does anyone playing poker ever say "there are four aces".....?

Could have been a classic shirt, but the horrible wording makes it a no buy.....

That's why Riker's doing a facepalm. He's embarrassed at Picard's groaner. I almost want to get the shirt because of that.

hikuro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hikuro

Debated on this in the derby, couldn't decide if I wanted or not. The last 'It's A Trap!' I did the same thing, and ultimately passed on, which I regretted. I like the last one better, but I DO want a 'It's A Trap!' shirt.... will decide in the morning. If sold out(probably will), hopefully Woot will ease off the Star Wars ban and another one will be made... considering how these geek types sell out, I assume that's probable.

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
rocketjohn wrote:Can someone explain what tune, if any, i should be hearing in my head when i read the write up?

It's on the top of the write up

woot wrote:Ooooh myyyyyy…

zenlizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenlizard

I'm just so happy the blog was a parody of OAR's "Crazy Game of Poker". I love that song.

ciarlar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar
smolket wrote:Completely Amoeba Sized Inside Joke or not....when does anyone playing poker ever say "there are four aces".....?

Could have been a classic shirt, but the horrible wording makes it a no buy.....

woot, you messed up. he knows the meaning of "there are four aces", he's just saying that no one would ever say that. which is true.

lgnablndr

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lgnablndr
marajad3 wrote:If it really is a trap do I really want to wander around while wearing a red shirt?

It's only an issue if you're an ensign, so unless you are, you'll be fine.

I want to wear this, but I won't be able to live it down with my buddies who think the Enterprise could beat a Star Destroyer. (Which it can't...)

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I always thought celebrity likeness was a no-no here. Maybe since its is meme inspired that rule doesn't apply... ?

Anyhoo, congrats on the print! Not my cup of tea, but this one definitely made me laugh and I don't even know the memes that were involved to create this. A joke for everyone

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

It turns out if you just keeping adding celebrity likenesses and do away with parody, you reach a point where it's all fine.

Tomorrow, the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band!

Okay, I'm a bit bemused this didn't spook the lawyers but all power to you stardamsel. I was rooting for you, congrats on the win! :^)

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

is Darth Vader wearing Air Jordan's ?

yuze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yuze

It would be so much better if Vader were saying "".

box1001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages box1001

Stunning lyrics, can I get those printed on the back of the shirt?

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

Great...meme derby shirts. See everybody in three days.

Radien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien

Pretty good implementation of the theme of the contest, but I still can't help but think this was a bad idea for a derby.

Though, I might mention that I have the Clockmaker tee, and I kinda like cranberry as a tee color.

alphateam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alphateam

Great shirt!
I think I would regain my virginity if I wore it though.

datafox1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages datafox1

Over 10 years ago, in high school, I was in a programming class. The teacher asked my friend a question that he did not know the answer to so he replies, "There are four lights."

My teacher was confused, shook his head and went on to do something else.

It was quite hypnotic.

This is a buy.

Jwright5915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jwright5915

thought this was another White Stripes album cover for a second

JoeDeth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeDeth

Haters gonna hate!

In for 3!

balls2thewall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages balls2thewall

There are 4 lights (aces) reference ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU#t=03m16s

rgoff31

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rgoff31

Love it & ordered 2. I try to hold out for the nerdy ones. I'm surprised it wasn't soldout! already.

etcampbell2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etcampbell2000
petepete16 wrote:I only see two memes,

It's a trap. Duh.

And,

Noooooooooooooo!

Where os the third one? And don't tell me its dogs playing poker because that a hit hit the public pre-Internet, bitches.

Facepalm???

ohiobrian79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ohiobrian79

I was a freshman at Ohio State in 1997!!

gimmesomecrap

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gimmesomecrap

This is funny because I was a freshman, at OSU, in 1997. And they would not stop playing that damn song.
Kindof a stupid shirt though.

noahsmybro

quality posts: 6 Private Messages noahsmybro

Love the shirt!

Also, until this morning I'd never heard O.A.R. Pretty sure I'd heard of them, but had no idea what they were like, and just assumed they were rap or hip-hop. (Yes, I'm an out-of-touch fogey nearing middle-age. Damn I miss my college days!)

I've got the linked video playing in the background, and I like the sound. Thanks for enlightening me Woot!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

As the artwork suggests, definitely would have bet my money on this one to take 1st place, so full of win.
Great job, damsel!

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
bhcompy wrote:Is this the episode where they go in to a time-loop playing poker and DataVader has to send a message to himself through the time vortex to alert the crew that they're in a time loop?

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

SolidAsSnake

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SolidAsSnake
marajad3 wrote:If it really is a trap do I really want to wander around while wearing a red shirt?

It's Next Generation, so the worst is you'll get hurt, but you won't die.

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx
aMASproduction wrote:
This was my first encounter with the noooo meme back when it was on ytmnd, by far the best!

I just tried to look at http://darthno.ytmnd.com/ and got this message:

Based on your corporate access policies, access to this web site ( http://darthno.ytmnd.com/ ) has been blocked because the web category "Criminal Activity" is not allowed.

KevinBacon12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KevinBacon12

This is easily the best write-up ever.

charcustom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages charcustom

This is great, and I'm familiar with all four memes in it, and I really like both Star Wars and Star Trek but... I dunno, It's kind of way too busy... I don't want people staring at my shirt for 30 seconds trying to figure it out.

kaveman212c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaveman212c

"Noooo" is not a meme? Clearly, you are not attune to that subculture.

Noooo