JesterOZ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JesterOZ

In for my first Shirt.Woot purchase, in large part due to the "There are FOUR aces" line (that ST:TNG episode is by far my favorite).

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316

What a great shirt to let everyone know you're hip to memes that are years past their expiration date. The only thing missing is the Borg Queen saying "all your shirt are belong to us."

nyhcx516x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyhcx516x

Ive been waiting to jump in for my first w00t purchase. Was hoping this one would win.. and here we are. Im in for one. And very happy I can vote now. Its like im 18 all over again.

Kailig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kailig

As silly as this shirt is, I couldn't pass it up! Glad I got one before it sold out.

k9dr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k9dr

Help me out here - Picard, Riker, Darth Vader, and ........ ??

jettavdwrvr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jettavdwrvr

Sweet! I was able to nab one before the dreaded Sold Out! meme slapped our a$$es.

Clearly, this wasn't a trap.

c4tch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c4tch

Wow so this is sold out pre 10:00am...

Thanks for giving us normal people who like star wars and TNG a decent shot at getting a funny t-shirt, nerds.

Ah I'm j/k with you sillies - but I do hate you for being so rude.

jettavdwrvr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jettavdwrvr
k9dr wrote:Help me out here - Picard, Riker, Darth Vader, and ........ ??

Admiral Ackbar

kateyourfaceoff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kateyourfaceoff
k9dr wrote:Help me out here - Picard, Riker, Darth Vader, and ........ ??

Admiral Ackbar.

pinkgloom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkgloom

Its already sold out??!!! Its 10 freakin AM!!!!! I AM SOOOO PISSED!!!!!!!!!

nyhcx516x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyhcx516x
lemurtx wrote:I just tried to look at http://darthno.ytmnd.com/ and got this message:

Based on your corporate access policies, access to this web site ( http://darthno.ytmnd.com/ ) has been blocked because the web category "Criminal Activity" is not allowed.

Yup, mine was blocked at work for "crime"

barker6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barker6

No fair to the west coast people that its already sold out!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Congrats on selling out so soon. I still don't get it, but congrats.

njbeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njbeck

Woot writers!
Masterful job parodying one of my favorite songs.

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone, and thank you so much for the votes!

Two big shout-outs: one to my fantastic husband and the other to wooter jago, for his/her excellent Riker suggestion. You guys rock!!!

Live long and use the Force, y'all ;-)

bakbam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bakbam

I can't believe this shirt sold out already. The one night I go to sleep at a decent time I miss out. I guess I will be paying $15 for this one. Gosh Woot has taken so much money from me in the last 2 weeks.

heimdallshorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heimdallshorn
barker6 wrote:No fair to the west coast people that its already sold out!

Perhaps you could check woot before you go to bed at 10pm... I always figured the west coast types always had the advantage over everyone since they can buy it the night prior. Suck it up and buy it off the Reckoning.

mshik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mshik

Picard has a famous line from when he was being tortured by a Cardassian: "There are four lights!" Excellent tribute to that dramatic episode.

achesbro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages achesbro

PWND!?!!
Sold out! Must have one.

wxforecaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wxforecaster

Print more damn you Woot! I want one..;(~~~

mdeancherry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdeancherry
bhcompy wrote:Is this the episode where they go in to a time-loop playing poker and DataVader has to send a message to himself through the time vortex to alert the crew that they're in a time loop?

This was my first thought too, but apparently not. It looks like the Cardasian torture episode is way better known.

I did not know the Vader NOOOO! and had to look it up so you're doing better than I am. The woot-ese substitution was a little confusing too.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Picked mine up before the sellout. Originally was going to get two so I'd have a backup, but then I decided I'd wait to see how good the print was in person before I forked over for a second.

Great, great concept. It's not really parody, but it fits the theme of meme mashup perfectly. As for it screaming "nerd", which people seem to be complaining about, so what? Nerd pride.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
achesbro wrote:PWND!?!!
Sold out! Must have one.

On sale tomorrow for $15. Go the 1st page of comments, near the top of said page is a "permalink" that you can click for next day sales.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Assassin15 wrote:That ace is a black diamond! Never seen that before!

That's a spade, you dolt.

emberisle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emberisle
IndependentVik wrote: As for it screaming "nerd", which people seem to be complaining about, so what? Nerd pride.

I've been trying to imagine just who these Nerds are who think they don't naturally scream "nerd"...

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
aoviss wrote:Besides infringement, I dont get it.
Its a trap, yes. "Noooo" is not a meme.
Facepalm, yeah. Aces? Do I need to be a picard/trek fan to "get it"?

Yes, you can't by any run-of-the-mill nerd for this humor...it takes a special kind.

phantom240

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phantom240

Whoa, this thing sold out FAST. I'm glad I stay up til midnight every night to make sure I have dibs on items I like ^_^

Prime Suspect

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Prime Suspect
Xihix wrote:Four aces is a Star Trek reference, kind of meme-ish.

It is? Must be one of those memes that no one can actually remember. If you google it, all you get is a link to THIS SITE.

FutureFox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FutureFox

Wow... I knew it would sell out, but I didn't expect it so early. I'm happy I picked this up last night.

evadman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evadman

I am going back in time to pick up one of these shirts when they were in stock. I am looking for a volunteer to accompany me; safety is not guaranteed. You must bring your own weapons. I have only done this once before.

Perilous

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Perilous

I'll have to get this on the second go-round tonight at midnight. It could have been executed better but it's too full of nerdly win to pass up for this lifelong Star Wars / Star Trek geek. Plus, "Chain of Command" is my favourite episode. Han Solo instead of Ackbar would have been PERFECT.

Congratulations on the print!

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."

evilekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilekeeper

Anyone else think that this shirt would make more sense on the Trek side of things if Picard was the one in facepalm mode and Number One was being the otterific poker player?

andyabreu7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andyabreu7

I think this shirt is pretty epic. I found it funny they had this shirt here and on teefury they had a Calvin and Hobbs of Han & Chewie.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

You got a sellout! you totally put the voodoo power on Woot!
This calls for the Magic Dance!!
Dance magic, dance!
Jump magic, jump!

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla

Out of a massive collection of witty, insightful, whimsical, creepy, mind boggling and, at times, just plain wrong write ups...this climbs atop the mountain and shouts, "YES! We are the woot! writers! We WILL be heard!"

I'm in awe of how great this writeup is...and thanks you you all, I will now have this song stuck in my head...all day.

Brent Spinner would be proud.

So would John de Lancie.

And I just HAVE to applaud the masterful re-write of "Johnny" to "Data"...it works even better than the original!

rosecentaur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosecentaur

SOOOO SAD.

Note to self: don't worry about getting to work on time when there's a wootshirt you like.

dougsolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougsolo

I think the most clever use of meme has been lost in this thread: 'It's a trap' is most likely a reference to the fact that Vader lost the pot on a trap hand. As in, he went in with a poor hand that looked good but ultimately lost to Picard's 4 aces.

Clever, but, I cannot claim a TG pedigree, so, I'll pass....

Viggetto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Viggetto

Damn! I wanted one!

rufus323

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rufus323

got damn! I wanted one.

stonetumbler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stonetumbler

With the exception of the Four Aces reference, this shirt is a walking TotalFark thread.