WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...




jesekker


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jesekker

tribe-owl was pretty cute if you had a multiple color choice i'd buy a tshirt for everyday of the week

missmissa07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07

I already miss that electricity-hungry, giant robot.

*sniffle*

Assassin15


quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Wow, the noobs are putting on such an epic f4il show.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

bluejester


quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
missmissa07 wrote:I already miss that electricity-hungry, giant robot.

*sniffle*



I know what you mean. I finally made the decision to buy it since it was on the reckoning bottom 7, but when I tried to buy it, several minutes before midnight centeral time, it said that it had already been reckoned away! =(

It seemed like somethign sqwiffy was going on with the server and by the time the site stopped acting weird, it was already past time to get it.

surfdad


quality posts: 10 Private Messages surfdad

Glad I ordered Squeeze before it was uncermoniously bumped off the charts.

Can anyone tell me how Tribeowl looks on an actual shirt?

pandari


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandari

Totally bummed that the monster hunter shirt is gone Right when I was going to buy it on payday.
Needs more panda shirts though!

rocketjohn


quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn

I fear for the chances of meme parade this week, given its starting position. I shall pimp it about on the facebooks and the twitters. I suggest you all do the same.

Adder should definitely put it on his blog or something. That'll help!

phantom240


quality posts: 4 Private Messages phantom240

Quite a diverse group in the "Bragging Rights" section, eh?

pinkfudd


quality posts: 5 Private Messages pinkfudd

There's only three real video game characters, kid: Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Son of Mario.

bdubs8807


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807

It's nice to see Nevermore as the worst seller this week. Maybe it will finally start to slip out of the top 10 spots on the Reckoning (fingers crossed!)...

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

bdubs8807


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
pinkfudd wrote:There's only three real video game characters, kid: Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Son of Mario.



You shut your mouth, you can't ignore Link. Navi won't let you. She's kinda like a nagging housewife...
"Hey! Hey listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Hey listen!

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

SeedUvPain


quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
bdubs8807 wrote:You shut your mouth, you can't ignore Link. Navi won't let you. She's kinda like a nagging housewife...
"Hey! Hey listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Hey listen!



QFT

pinkfudd


quality posts: 5 Private Messages pinkfudd



I take it you haven't watched Futurama lately?

tchemgrrl


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tchemgrrl
pinkfudd wrote:There's only three real video game characters, kid: Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Son of Mario.



Now quit picking your nose and keep kneading that dough!

WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's Tuesday, and that means the sun is shining, birds are chirping, and life seems so full of promise for our Top 20 shirts. The Danger Zone designs, though, know better. They see the darkening clouds looming on the horizon; in a week the Reckoner will come for them. The only thing that could possibly help them is you, dear Shirt.Wooter. Your purchase moves a shirt up just a little bit in the standings. Buy two or three and you help a little more. Tell your friends to buy some too and you can help a lot. Even one buy can make a big difference in the rankings, which as of right now look like this:

The Top 20

  1. 5 Second Rule
  2. Poker Game
  3. Order of Operations
  4. Four Little Ponies of the Apocalypse
  5. pandemonium
  6. The Binge
  7. Made of carbon
  8. Change comes to all
  9. Peanut Butter and Jealousy
  10. Nevermore
  11. Eat more meat
  12. I Heart Math
  13. It Came Out Of Nowhere
  14. a simple question of weight ratios
  15. Some Motivation Required
  16. School
  17. Imposter
  18. The Black Hole
  19. Fresh Cake
  20. Think of the Children



The Danger Zone

 

phantom240


quality posts: 4 Private Messages phantom240

Good to see some of those that are in danger or reckoning in their rightful spots. I wouldn't be caught dead in some of those things. Yeesh.

bluejester


quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
phantom240 wrote:Good to see some of those that are in danger or reckoning in their rightful spots. I wouldn't be caught dead in some of those things. Yeesh.



So if a zombie apocolypse happens, and I see some one in any of those danger zone shirts, presumeably it isn't you and I can feel free to use my shotgun and aim for the head?

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
bdubs8807 wrote:It's nice to see Nevermore as the worst seller this week. Maybe it will finally start to slip out of the top 10 spots on the Reckoning (fingers crossed!)...



Then there will be a woot-off, and everything will reset.

phantom240


quality posts: 4 Private Messages phantom240
bluejester wrote:So if a zombie apocolypse happens, and I see some one in any of those danger zone shirts, presumeably it isn't you and I can feel free to use my shotgun and aim for the head?



haha. undead. I see what you did there.

tohru


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tohru

I am going to buy all of the shirts that I want and that my family wants and get it over with.
I am sooo tired of setting alarms to check the shirts on fridays and mondays.
I need to be free of worrying about if that shirt I want got reckoned. I did this a couple of years ago and bought them all at once. It was liberating.


And I forgot to use my coupon last month. ARGHHHHHH!

Nekkochan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan

The Meme Mashup derby left me completely cold, since internet memes are all pretty meaningless and seem stale to me from the moment they make it big, but how is the fascinatingly-detailed "Meme Parade" sitting below a shirt featuring lettuce that doesn't even look like lettuce?

Spotsmom


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Spotsmom
Nekkochan wrote:The Meme Mashup derby left me completely cold, since internet memes are all pretty meaningless and seem stale to me from the moment they make it big, but how is the fascinatingly-detailed "Meme Parade" sitting below a shirt featuring lettuce that doesn't even look like lettuce?



Meme Parade is a great design. It's selling poorly because it's a shirt not everybody can wear. Body types matter with these shirts, and I won't buy a shirt that has somebody staring a long time at my chest to peruse the work. The flow chart shirt has this problem, too.

For a shirt, wearability is a bigger factor than most people realize. For that reason, easily seen and understood designs will sell best. Placement is important. For instance, a low, orange, bright moon centered over the abdomen will make most people look thick. Designs which are more linear, placed higher, or trailing down the side are more flattering. Those things matter when purchasing. So, sometimes designs with high votes don't actually sell.

It's sad that the best art won't always win for these kinds of reasons.

I wish WOOT had a contest which allowed for prints or posters. I would buy some of these better designs in a heartbeat if I didn't have to WEAR them.

I'll get off my soapbox now. The seamstress/home economist in me has had her moment.

rglee129


quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Power down, SQUEEZE.

Belated thanks to everyone who supported my design for so long, and to woot for stepping out of the routine with some glow ink.

Onwards! Upwards!

millerdesignsllc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages millerdesignsllc

Anyone remember that otterific Zombie Candy Corn shirt? I wish they would bring that back again this year for Halloween.

sTyLeS


quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
rocketjohn wrote:I fear for the chances of meme parade this week, given its starting position. I shall pimp it about on the facebooks and the twitters. I suggest you all do the same.

Adder should definitely put it on his blog or something. That'll help!



As good of a design that meme parade was, I think it's perfectly fine if it goes by the wayside.
Most people are still trying to forget that whole derby and rinse it from our memories.
Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding a Q-tip long enough to throttle the correct part of my brain. ...drool...

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
sTyLeS wrote:As good of a design that meme parade was, I think it's perfectly fine if it goes by the wayside.
Most people are still trying to forget that whole derby and rinse it from our memories.
Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding a Q-tip long enough to throttle the correct part of my brain. ...drool...



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZS42Y

sTyLeS


quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
no1 wrote:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZS42Y



Nice, with a full 6 inches I can really do some damage.
And please, no1, don't reply to that comment.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
sTyLeS wrote:Nice, with a full 6 inches I can really do some damage.
And please, no1, don't reply to that comment.



but it will be quoted somewhere!

quesadilla


quality posts: 1 Private Messages quesadilla

how exactly is nevermore still on the list?

sTyLeS


quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
quesadilla wrote:how exactly is nevermore still on the list?



The original artist and family keep buying shirts each week? No clue.

Assassin15


quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

The Danger Zone is only one color away from having seven different colored shirts! Stupid flowchart, messing everything up.......

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

dragonkitten


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonkitten

Hey, does anyone know what happened to the MMM yeah! (coffe pot breaking through office wall)t-shirt ? I can't find it to buy. Thanks!

bluejester


quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
dragonkitten wrote:Hey, does anyone know what happened to the MMM yeah! (coffe pot breaking through office wall)t-shirt ? I can't find it to buy. Thanks!



Go to the community page and you'll see it there. However you won't be able to buy it.

The drama in a nutshell: Copied art=automatic reckoning.

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
sTyLeS wrote:Nice, with a full 6 inches I can really do some damage.



That's what she said

Assassin15


quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Every single shirt has moved down or stayed at the same place, except *cough* Imposter. Doesn't seem probable, if only one no_ob is out of the Danger Zone.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Nekkochan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Spotsmom wrote:Meme Parade is a great design. It's selling poorly because it's a shirt not everybody can wear. Body types matter with these shirts, and I won't buy a shirt that has somebody staring a long time at my chest to peruse the work. The flow chart shirt has this problem, too.



You make a very good point. I guess I'd still expect it to sell better than the very generic art of the BLT on the grounds that people might respect the artwork, but, as you say, particularly for women not such a great design.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Spotsmom wrote:Meme Parade is a great design. It's selling poorly because it's a shirt not everybody can wear. Body types matter with these shirts, and I won't buy a shirt that has somebody staring a long time at my chest to peruse the work. The flow chart shirt has this problem, too.

For a shirt, wearability is a bigger factor than most people realize. For that reason, easily seen and understood designs will sell best. Placement is important. For instance, a low, orange, bright moon centered over the abdomen will make most people look thick. Designs which are more linear, placed higher, or trailing down the side are more flattering. Those things matter when purchasing. So, sometimes designs with high votes don't actually sell.

It's sad that the best art won't always win for these kinds of reasons.

I wish WOOT had a contest which allowed for prints or posters. I would buy some of these better designs in a heartbeat if I didn't have to WEAR them.

I'll get off my soapbox now. The seamstress/home economist in me has had her moment.



The way I see it, personally, I am not buying shirts for other people. If I was my closet would be full of chibidiocy and bad pop puns. So if I have a shirt that is highly detailed and busy (say an Aphte tee), I don't worry about whether people are going to stare at my shirt. Either I don't know them, and that's rude, or I do know them, and I don't mind. It may be different with different topographical concerns, but the fact remains, people will stare at those concerns no matter what the shirt is. Of all the wearability issues, detailed execution is probably one of the rarest to really be valid.

I think Walmazan's buttafuocoure to sell comes purely from submitting a well-thought-out and detailed design to a derby where the majority of potential buyers would never want those qualities. More power to him for doing so.

Supersugar


quality posts: 10 Private Messages Supersugar
rglee129 wrote:Power down, SQUEEZE.

Belated thanks to everyone who supported my design for so long, and to woot for stepping out of the routine with some glow ink.

Onwards! Upwards!


The day I got that shirt (Wednesday), I wore it out and a total stranger recognized it immediately. And then it glowed at me from the foot of the bed all night long. It makes me so happy.

filmgal79


quality posts: 0 Private Messages filmgal79
surfdad wrote:Glad I ordered Squeeze before it was uncermoniously bumped off the charts.

Can anyone tell me how Tribeowl looks on an actual shirt?




Tribeowl is actually pretty cool. The green's not nearly as dark as it appeared onscreen...it's more of a darker apple green.