quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone

I imagine the things being said in each frame as follows:

"So do I just sit here and it takes my picture or--"
"Ah! What was that!?"
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHH! AHHH! AHHHHHHHH!"
*sizzle*

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

Despite being slightly cash stapped, I laughed my head off when I saw this and had to order it. Congrats on making me buy my first Woot!Shirt in nearly a year.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

ryano1124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryano1124

Shouldn't there be NO picture of the vampire? What with him having no reflection and all......

bobfina

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobfina
Spine wrote:Bit of a snag with regards to photographs and vampires.

http://everything2.com/title/Do+vampires+show+up+on+digital+cameras%253F

The mirror is used to redirect what you see through the lens up to the eyepiece and focusing purposes. When you take a picture, the mirror flips up which then allows the light to pass through the lens and onto the film or sensor if you are using digital.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SLR_cross_section.svg

So yes, you can take a picture of a vampire (if they were real).

ronzalone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone
ryano1124 wrote:Shouldn't there be NO picture of the vampire? What with him having no reflection and all......

I'm kind of paraphrasing here from someone else, but the no reflection was from there being silver used in mirrors, film, etc. Vampires have that whole bad reaction to silver and whatnot that causing no reflection. For arguments sake, we can assume this is a digital camera (as most cameras are these days). With no silver, he'll show up.

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth

I really like the flames around the photos - great job on the print!!!

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

It's the Blade version of vampires. Watch as Wesley Snipes' l.o.v.e* interest meets her tragic end in the morning sunlight.

Congrats, Spiritgreen! Clever shirt!

* Really, "l.o.v.e" = stab, wootbot?

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat
cboyles72 wrote:In for 1 ! Now my kid can let the girls at school know how he feels about Twilight. Because according to my kid ... " Only girls like sparkly vampires "

your kid is right

joelellis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelellis

So the flash on that camera is balanced for 5600k?

joelellis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelellis
joelellis wrote:So the flash on that camera is balanced for 5600k?

oh yeah, and I thought vampires were in-photographable.

orangepaisley1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orangepaisley1

i like the bat shaped flames on the side. nice added touch but real vampyres can't be pictured. :P stab the shirt though.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Congrats SP. I haven't seen a red shirt on here in quite some time! Good job, my friend. Good job!

HaidenGoodman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages HaidenGoodman

Shouldn't the pictures not show him, since he is a vampire?

edit: someone beat me to it.

emberisle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emberisle

Yay! I have been dying to get my hands on this, all week. Glad I remembered to check, since I'm sure it will sell out in no time. Thanks for such a fun shirt, Spirit!

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge

It seems vanity was his sin

larsensa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larsensa

I wish this was printed on a black shirt.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

yay! =) congrats spirit! ill be wearing this to work for halloween! =)

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

I would have preferred a vampire walking into a photo booth and a roll of empty picture frames coming out.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Placement is too high and would be cooler on a black or crimson colored shirt IMO.

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir

i'm all for creativity but this one doesn't make any sense. I have yet to hear anything about 'light' killing vampires. At first glance its kinda funny, but after you think about it for more than 2 seconds its really dumb

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

did he die'd?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Yay, Spiritgreen! After all the debate and drama, it's nice to see tis print. Good on ya!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Wow, I'm honored to have designed one of Woot's Halloween shirts! There were so many great designs, I didn't dare hope this would make the front page.

Thanks -so much- to everyone who supported and voted on Vampire Photo Booth. And to anyone concerned about the lore, yes these things are important, please be reassured that this is exactly the right kind of vampire, flashbulb and silver-free, digital photobooth to create this event. ^__^

SecretAgentWoman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SecretAgentWoman

Yay! My first woot shirt in months. I just had to get this one for my son, it's hysterical.

::w:o:o:t::

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

YESSSS!!!! I've been waiting to own this shirt and now it will finally be mine!! muahaahaha!! (evil vampire laugh)

Big congrats, SG. I can't wait to wear this and show everyone, see, vampires DO NOT sparkle, people!!!

valianteffort

quality posts: 29 Private Messages valianteffort

So THIS is what happens when you don't let the right one in?

cedricsmods

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cedricsmods

I feel like I have seen this exact shirt in a derby before. Quite a clever design.

terminatorgir wrote:I have yet to hear anything about 'light' killing vampires.

It has been a common theme of vampire literature for over a hundred years. Not sure how you could have missed it. Twilight is the only story I know of where light doesn't kill vampires.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

This is the only shirt from this derby that not only would I wear, but I would wear it year-round. It really deserved to win. Good job.

ichimunki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ichimunki
larsensa wrote:I wish this was printed on a black shirt.

Or even gray. Or something else. This color red will make me look pale and undead-ish myself.

Other than that this is an excellent design.

horsefacedee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horsefacedee

this is wonderful! Congrats! stab everything about it

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

I'd call this color "incinerator" red.

animuson

quality posts: 14 Private Messages animuson

Did I miss something in science class where vampires burning on film also cause the filmstrip to light on fire as well? If so, what law is that?

alirich11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alirich11

Glad this one printed. Hoping for Dead Alive Pumpkin for 3rd so I can give one to my wife.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

stab it! congrats Spiritgreen!

so so funny!

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Good off-center placement for this one. I expect that this shirt will find a place at many a monster mash his Halloween.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

People need to relax with the nitpicks, it's perfectly reasonable to assume the vampire would appear in a digital photo (no mirror) and it's not uncommon in modern vampire literature for them to react to special UV lights the same way they do to sunlight (see Blade)

It's a UV photo booth vampire trap, vampire explodes, it's not really too much of a stretch for a funny tee shirt.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

BrinK1282

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrinK1282

Oh never mind...

darktower2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darktower2000

I guess he should have picked up a bottle of SPF15,000 after all.

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone

What perfects this design are the facial expressions. The best since an old Derby entry called 'Physics of the Old West' or something like that, with a steel-jawed sheriff's bullet ricocheting repeatedly until it struck the whiskered Bad Guy. Until this entry, that had the best expressions. This one tops that, however.

Congratulations, SG! I'll wear mine with pride on stage in NJ for our annual Halloween show.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
walmazan wrote:stab it! congrats Spiritgreen!

so so funny!

This "stab" filter is weirding me out.