Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Morning all!

Glad to be back at work and in the relative calm today. rough weekend at our house -- one of those 24-hour stomach flu bugs sweeping through our area right now. daughter picked it up at a play date on Wednesday, was sick Thursday. wife got it Thursday night, then I got the pleasure on Saturday night. Not fun at all! And now I'm going to have issues with eating lasagna for quite some time. sigh. my head says I still like it, but my body now thinks otherwise.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Turken wrote:Morning all!

Glad to be back at work and in the relative calm today. rough weekend at our house -- one of those 24-hour stomach flu bugs sweeping through our area right now. daughter picked it up at a play date on Wednesday, was sick Thursday. wife got it Thursday night, then I got the pleasure on Saturday night. Not fun at all! And now I'm going to have issues with eating lasagna for quite some time. sigh. my head says I still like it, but my body now thinks otherwise.

Ewwwww

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. I get to be help desk today. Oh joy. And I get to do it for the next 2 days too! Double joy.

Turken, I had an episode like that with hominy. Loved it as a kid... can barely stomach it now.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. I get to be help desk today. Oh joy. And I get to do it for the next 2 days too! Double joy.

Turken, I had an episode like that with hominy. Loved it as a kid... can barely stomach it now.

I had ptomaine from shrimp when I was in high school. Can't get one past my lips for anything.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I agree with Poof

ewwwwwww

I hope if we get it, it is before everyone comes home.
Stomach flu with 2 people and 2 bathrooms is OK
3 to 6 people and 2 bathrooms, not so good.

It seems today is the best day this week.

I guess I should do something.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Really a good price on a laminator on Amazon's Deal of the Day.

Stopped snowing, sun's out.

Husband's out playing with the snow blower.

Is this the same snowblower he didn't want any part of yet you insisted be purchased?
I bet he appreciates it now huh?

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

Have your body tell your mind tell your body to stuff the family's stockings.

heh/ funny filter

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Sigh...Ate some chili that's been in the fridge for...well, a few days. Not sure how many. Tasted fine, but my stomach is not agreeing with the assessment.

And...it bothers me to discover I'm being gossiped about. I know, it happens, only way to avoid it is to shun human contact...but it still irks me that people are talking about me. I'm one of the most open people I know--if people have a question, they should just ask ME, instead of anyone I might know.

jolly.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Iceback

Mavyn wrote:Sigh...Ate some chili that's been in the fridge for...well, a few days. Not sure how many. Tasted fine, but my stomach is not agreeing with the assessment.

And...it bothers me to discover I'm being gossiped about. I know, it happens, only way to avoid it is to shun human contact...but it still irks me that people are talking about me. I'm one of the most open people I know--if people have a question, they should just ask ME, instead of anyone I might know.

jolly.

Did I miss something?...is this gossip @ work?
I like confronting the gossiper and tell them if they want to talk about me at least get it right.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Is this the same snowblower he didn't want any part of yet you insisted be purchased?
I bet he appreciates it now huh?

Same one. Loves it.

Mavyn

Iceback wrote:Did I miss something?...is this gossip @ work?
I like confronting the gossiper and tell them if they want to talk about me at least get it right.

No...which makes it even more absurd for me to care. It's an online forum. 6-7 years ago I was VERY active, pretty much ran the site (I was one of 2 active mods, admins and owner were MIA), and then it changed owners. New owner made snap decisions without talking to the community...my feelings were hurt and I left the site.

This site is also where I met my current SO...we were friends for a long time before becoming romantically involved. At his urging, I'm slowly participating on that site again, and the rumor mill is percolating. So now people are contacting me, saying 'hi'...and mentioning his name as well. But he nor I have 'outed' ourselves in the forum, so I know it means rumor milling.

Like I said, shouldn't bother me. I know this. Just need to remind myself of it more often...

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, anybody!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, anybody!

//checking// Yep, that's me. Hi.

pooflady

"Spooky Tales" from Woot arrived via Smart Post about noon. Birthday paper wrapped, repackaged, and taken to the post office. I'm good.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:No...which makes it even more absurd for me to care. It's an online forum. 6-7 years ago I was VERY active, pretty much ran the site (I was one of 2 active mods, admins and owner were MIA), and then it changed owners. New owner made snap decisions without talking to the community...my feelings were hurt and I left the site.

This site is also where I met my current SO...we were friends for a long time before becoming romantically involved. At his urging, I'm slowly participating on that site again, and the rumor mill is percolating. So now people are contacting me, saying 'hi'...and mentioning his name as well. But he nor I have 'outed' ourselves in the forum, so I know it means rumor milling.

Like I said, shouldn't bother me. I know this. Just need to remind myself of it more often...

Can you read back? Or does it only save until you shut down? Or is this totally behind your back in PM's?

ummmm not that I've ever talked about anyone in a pm......nope......never

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

pooflady wrote:"Spooky Tales" from Woot arrived via Smart Post about noon. Birthday paper wrapped, repackaged, and taken to the post office. I'm good.

That's what poof guy keeps PMing us!!
Yeah, it's always a remark about "spooky tail" and "she's good."

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:Can you read back? Or does it only save until you shut down? Or is this totally behind your back in PM's?

ummmm not that I've ever talked about anyone in a pm......nope......never

I honestly don't know where it's happening. I'm seldom in chat...mostly when I'm asked to step in for a specific reason. Bleah, don't want to think about it anymore today.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It is after 2. It is the warmest, driest day of the week. I should get Rusty to the park.

Did I mention that the cookies in the red tin from costco are addictive?
I got them because the tin was nice. Cookies were ok, nothing great.
Then I finished them.
Then I started wanting more.
The new tin didn't last more than a few days.

So, not great, not bad cookies that make you go back to eat more and more!

The real question is, should I buy them as gifts? Get people addicted when they can't buy any more?

Evil.

Might anyway, they were pretty inexpensive.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Every single forcast for tomorrow is DIFFERENT

How can this be?

Will it be freezing? Seems so.

Will it snow? Some say yes, some say no.

Will it be windy? Some say yes, some say no.

Mom won't commit to wanting to go out until tomorrow morning.

Do I need to go to the supermarket and stockpile food? Who knows?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Ugh. Toyota is recalling again.
I really like Toyota. The seats are wonderful.
But if they are going to pick up the worst of the American made cars (they are made here) and the Japanese mindset (I read the guys in Japan didn't want to admit there was a problem because they would lose face)how can I buy another?

I still didn't bring mine in for it's recall.
I know that spare tire is useless. After 12 years, it would never crank down if I needed it.
I think the last recall notice said they had a fix.
Maybe when hubby is off we will bring it in.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

I was gonna say something, but I read three d'name posts in a row and my brain exploded.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Ugh. Toyota is recalling again.
I really like Toyota. The seats are wonderful.
But if they are going to pick up the worst of the American made cars (they are made here) and the Japanese mindset (I read the guys in Japan didn't want to admit there was a problem because they would lose face)how can I buy another?

I still didn't bring mine in for it's recall.
I know that spare tire is useless. After 12 years, it would never crank down if I needed it.
I think the last recall notice said they had a fix.
Maybe when hubby is off we will bring it in.

Better do it in the next two weeks because he won't be off after that.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
dontwantaname wrote:Every single forcast for tomorrow is DIFFERENT

How can this be?

Will it be freezing? Seems so.

Will it snow? Some say yes, some say no.

Will it be windy? Some say yes, some say no.

Mom won't commit to wanting to go out until tomorrow morning.

Do I need to go to the supermarket and stockpile food? Who knows?

There's no earthly way of know. ... The danger must be growing, 'cause the rowers keep on rowing.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
AZGman wrote:I was gonna say something, but I read three d'name posts in a row and my brain exploded.

so you should be able to understand her now...?

Mavyn

Gatzby wrote:There's no earthly way of know. ... The danger must be growing, 'cause the rowers keep on rowing.

And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing

AZGman

no1 wrote:so you should be able to understand her now...?

Not bettin' on it!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Daughter made three batches of almond bark candy, a dozen packages of snowman soup (limited only by the number of candy canes), and a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Sugar high!!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
joyner wrote:Daughter made three batches of almond bark candy, a dozen packages of snowman soup (limited only by the number of candy canes), and a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Sugar high!!!!

tell daughter she wasn't supposed to eat it all too!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
Gatzby wrote:There's no earthly way of know. ... The danger must be growing, 'cause the rowers keep on rowing.

lol

One of my favorite movies. In the other thread I posted the Oompa-Loompa situation just wondering how many people would hit reply to see what that filter meant and then be really confused when it wasn't a filter. Yes, I was very bored at the time.

joyner

kdccrosby wrote:tell daughter she wasn't supposed to eat it all too!

who said I was talking about daughter? Hubby and I were QC.

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:It is after 2. It is the warmest, driest day of the week. I should get Rusty to the park.

Did I mention that the cookies in the red tin from costco are addictive?
I got them because the tin was nice. Cookies were ok, nothing great.
Then I finished them.
Then I started wanting more.
The new tin didn't last more than a few days.

So, not great, not bad cookies that make you go back to eat more and more!

The real question is, should I buy them as gifts? Get people addicted when they can't buy any more?

Evil.

Might anyway, they were pretty inexpensive.

You could use the dope dealer marketing. Give them a free taste then when they're hooked charge them out the butt for their fix.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hi peoples.

Teacher loved the cookies Ver1 brought.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121
KtCallista wrote:Hi peoples.

Nice!

Last Post

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I was gonna say something, but I read three d'name posts in a row and my brain exploded.

Hope it didn't make too much of a mess.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Hi peoples.

What is there not to love about cookies?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Freeze in FL, should stock up on fruit.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:What is there not to love about cookies?

some are better than others. These came out rather well.

joyner

KtCallista wrote:some are better than others. These came out rather well.

what kind. We are looking for more. Daughter likes to make different kinds. My repertoire only goes as far as peanut butter oatmeal and chocolate chip. Well I do have a Mexican Wedding cookie that is nice.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:what kind. We are looking for more. Daughter likes to make different kinds. My repertoire only goes as far as peanut butter oatmeal and chocolate chip. Well I do have a Mexican Wedding cookie that is nice.

Just a shortbread, I put mint icing on them for the kids, but they are better without.

I need to learn to make candy orange peel, it'd be phenomenal in them. Trick is to sift the flour and add the butter in chunks.

joyner

KtCallista wrote:Just a shortbread, I put mint icing on them for the kids, but they are better without.

I need to learn to make candy orange peel, it'd be phenomenal in them. Trick is to sift the flour and add the butter in chunks.

sigh.... I don't like to sift.