beccaness


quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness

So, there I was, sitting in class on my computer ignoring the teacher as usual. Had Safari open not giving a hoot of what was going on in class... I decided to take a trip to shirt.woot. This wonderful shirt graced my screen and I was filled with laughter. The looks I got from my classmates..... lol!
This was just perfect for me today!

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

zroberts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zroberts

In the city or in the woods, woot keeps america lookin' good. hoot, hoot!

capnmac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages capnmac
Spin1701 wrote:I like the dude with an arrow in the back of his head, execution style! Is that wrong?



Speaking as an archer, "You can run, but you'll just die tired."

benjaminleebates


quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Just when you thought it was safe to mindlessly pollute...
You notice yellow piercing eyes watch you in the darkness as you commit the most vial of transgressions.
Just then, a swoop, twang and a SCREAM! As you lie in the muck, you realize the scream came from your own gullet. The last thing you see as you slip away are the yellow eyes of retribution. whoooooo

topher9q


quality posts: 0 Private Messages topher9q

is that kid jacking out?? XD

AppleAJ


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AppleAJ

Sizes run bigger than normal. Woot needs to take care of this issue.

forestrychick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages forestrychick
mooglechocobo wrote:No, it really is Smokey the Bear. Officially he's Smokey Bear, but here's the meta description from the HTML on the official sites homepage:

"Smokey the bear wants you to Get Your Smokey On. Sign the get Your Smokey on pledge and help stop wildfires."



It really is Smokey Bear, not Smokey the Bear. All the confusion has occurred since a song by Steve Nelson and Jack Rollins named the song "Smokey the Bear". The USFS denies that Smokey was ever called Smokey the Bear, and retains that his name has always been Smokey Bear. Also note the spelling is not smoky like the adjective. This was purposely done to catch the eye of the public and create fire danger awareness. I'm involved with education programs with USFS. Every time I've ever heard anyone say Smokey the Bear, the USFS representatives I've worked with are quick to say, "Well, it's really Smokey Bear. People confuse it all the time because there was a song." Then we carry on with our message about wildfire safety. His message has changed recently from "Only you can prevent forest fires" to "Only you can prevent wildfires". Someone made the realization that not everyone has a forest, but everyone can have a wildlife. It's a rather creative program to catch the attention of the public.

benjaminleebates


quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
forestrychick wrote:It really is Smokey Bear, not Smokey the Bear. All the confusion has occurred since a song by Steve Nelson and Jack Rollins named the song "Smokey the Bear". The USFS denies that Smokey was ever called Smokey the Bear, and retains that his name has always been Smokey Bear. Also note the spelling is not smoky like the adjective. This was purposely done to catch the eye of the public and create fire danger awareness. I'm involved with education programs with USFS. Every time I've ever heard anyone say Smokey the Bear, the USFS representatives I've worked with are quick to say, "Well, it's really Smokey Bear. People confuse it all the time because there was a song." Then we carry on with our message about wildfire safety. His message has changed recently from "Only you can prevent forest fires" to "Only you can prevent wildfires". Someone made the realization that not everyone has a forest, but everyone can have a wildlife. It's a rather creative program to catch the attention of the public.



Oh, I see, so it's like. If my last name just so happen to describe my species. Like Support Eric Human, "Eric the human needs your help..."

The Tim


quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim

Wow, my "Hoot or Die!" came yesterday. Fastest Woot Shirt delivery to Seattle to date!

Looks awesome!

celtickevin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages celtickevin

After months of wishful Wooting, I have finally pulled the trigger (or let the arrow fly?) and purchased an awesome shirt.

Awesome... I can't wait to sport this shirt.

teeroxmoney


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teeroxmoney

This shirt rocks!! I will be wearing this to make a statement about our ultimate dimiss.. the garbage will overtake, or Owls will get really big, because of our own toxic waste mutations, and fight back on behalf of mother nature. Venging the ultimate wrath upon the human race for its lazy obsolescent abuse of the earth! I'm not an active liberal, actually I'm just an accountant who hates people right now, they just suck the life force from the earth!

morrdigan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages morrdigan

Not sure if people are still checking this thread but is it possible to get shirts that have been reckoned? I missed this shirt by one day, just found it and it would be perfect for a Fish and Wildlife employees retirement that is coming up.

capsfanbryce


quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce

I'm one of the 6% that was in for two! Thanks for the design!

hmerwin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
morrdigan wrote:Not sure if people are still checking this thread but is it possible to get shirts that have been reckoned? I missed this shirt by one day, just found it and it would be perfect for a Fish and Wildlife employees retirement that is coming up.



When a shirt is "Reckoned", the shirt will not be available for purchase again.

commodorecrush


quality posts: 0 Private Messages commodorecrush
morrdigan wrote:Not sure if people are still checking this thread but is it possible to get shirts that have been reckoned? I missed this shirt by one day, just found it and it would be perfect for a Fish and Wildlife employees retirement that is coming up.



I know this is an old thread too but I have one on ebay currently and the actual Woodsy The Owl lawyers emailed me to demand it taken down and are apparently trying to sue the artist, Andy Gonsalves and/or Woot. Their emails:

CEASE & DESIST NOTICE
The Metis Group is the licensing agent for Woodsy Owl, under contract to USDA Forest Service. Your t-shirt "Hoot or Die" is an infringment of the use of Woodsy Owl, protected under the laws of the U.S. Government. Please contact our offices immediately to avoid further action. The mis-use of Woodsy is punishable by both criminal and civil charges and remedies. We will wait until close of business on Wednesday and if we do not hear from you directly, will escalate this matter with Ebay and the U.S. Government.


and then...

Please provide your formal name and mailing address. We have already addressed the illegal use with Andy Gonsalves of Shirt
Woot previously.

Also, the image of Woodsy Owl is protected. Please remove all images and the t-shirt immediately.


Isn't this covered under fair use parody laws?!!! Sheesh.

Here's the auction if anyone is interested: [edit- ebay auction link removed]

ReginaFilangee


quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
commodorecrush wrote:I know this is an old thread too but I have one on ebay currently and the actual Woodsy The Owl lawyers emailed me to demand it taken down and are apparently trying to sue the artist, Andy Gonsalves and/or Woot. Their emails:

CEASE & DESIST NOTICE
The Metis Group is the licensing agent for Woodsy Owl, under contract to USDA Forest Service. Your t-shirt "Hoot or Die" is an infringment of the use of Woodsy Owl, protected under the laws of the U.S. Government. Please contact our offices immediately to avoid further action. The mis-use of Woodsy is punishable by both criminal and civil charges and remedies. We will wait until close of business on Wednesday and if we do not hear from you directly, will escalate this matter with Ebay and the U.S. Government.


and then...

Please provide your formal name and mailing address. We have already addressed the illegal use with Andy Gonsalves of Shirt
Woot previously.

Also, the image of Woodsy Owl is protected. Please remove all images and the t-shirt immediately.


Isn't this covered under fair use parody laws?!!! Sheesh.

Here's the auction if anyone is interested: [edit- ebay auction link removed]



Hmmmm.....I wonder if I wear mine and they see me, if they'll chase me down and rip it off....or if I'll be fined. LOL

May the Crap be with you all!!!