cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: The Evolution of Meat V2

This is the history of meat from it's earliest chicken nugget form though spam, hot dog, bacon and arriving at the height of protein wonder which is the t-bone steak.
I thought the asphalt version ended up too dark, so I redid the colors and think this ended up better.
I would love any opinions.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
odysseyroc wrote:I posted the basic premise of this design in This Thread and Drakxxx suggested that I use the character from Motel Hell in the design. So, I sent him a PM asking if he'd be interested in collaborating on it with me. He agreed and, I was stoked.

Thanks for posting the progress man. I'm really please how this one turned out.

Thanks for the votes and support as always evreyone.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

bassanimation wrote:Ok, Tjost...you asked for it...

Hahahahahaa... and so on for many minutes.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
bassanimation wrote:Ok, Tjost...you asked for it...

The unicorn's chin made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66
kylemittskus wrote:Well, it's not terribly original.

well first time have seen that shirt. oh well wasnt getting any votes anyways not a big deal

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66
sTyLeS wrote:The unicorn's chin made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

thats funny

xbonzox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xbonzox
Re: Know Your Meats

Aw shucks. First entry and i guess I didn't read the rules clear enough XP.

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
tjost wrote:Collab with the great megsck. I think it turned out really nice

That's about it for me this derby. I have five entries now, and while I have more ideas, sleep and a cramped hand are telling me no

Wonderful!
+1

Archaeopteryx89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Archaeopteryx89

This is completely pointless...
Gotta love it :D

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
tjost wrote:Does his brother run the Sofa King outlet in mid town?

No, but his aunt owns a sports store called "I "heart" Balls". Any ball you want she's got them!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

Is this a reference to Princess Bride? I'm trying to get the Princess Bride to sandwich shop connection but I'm not seeing it. Anyone enlighten me on what I'm missing here?...

[edit] Nevermind! Just looked it up. Apparently I'm rusty on my Princess Bride.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
pyro008 wrote:The sections "totally" and "not meat. Just kidding" are the same section. Its kinda messing with me O_O

Uh, how did I miss that for THIS LONG???

If I'm still in the fog on Wednesday, I'll send Woot a fixed print file.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Frank's Surf and Turf

Lovely characters, Meg. And a great collab all round! +1

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
kevlar51 wrote:I guess my enthusiasm was premature. Any momentum this one had seems to have completely disappeared.

Don't give up! Just keep turning in good original work and your fanbase will grow.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sunnydiscontent wrote:Well, I don't want a roundhouse kick to the face... that's all I'm sayin.. haha

Chuck Norris has sued at least one person selling a book of "chuck norris facts". I believe there is more chance of getting a roundhouse kick for supporting the meme than ignoring it.

Then again, Chuck, being a rampaging neoconservative crackpot, might roundhouse you just for believing in freedom to practice non-judeo-christian religion.

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
AdderXYU wrote:Animal Meat Charts = boring/overdone.

However, not every animal meat chart uses such similar colors and style as yours and Roberts have. I find it nigh impossible to believe yours isn't highly "influenced" by his. So while "haha it's some SPOOKTACULAR! meat chart joke entry 5" might use the same tired concept, you're using the same tired concept without even using a different style to present it. That is why people are bothering to call you out and just sighing at the others. If you were to put this and the other side by side, the average viewer would presume they were done by the same identical person.

yeah these two entries are a little too similar... I looked at them side by side, and they just look like it's ONE artist presenting different versions of the same design. Down to the "1-leg look" of the forelegs...

~Tico

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
paigeg wrote:It's great the way this looks like a face from a distance. Nice!

Thanks!

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
tgentry wrote:Is this a reference to Princess Bride? I'm trying to get the Princess Bride to sandwich shop connection but I'm not seeing it. Anyone enlighten me on what I'm missing here?...

[edit] Nevermind! Just looked it up. Apparently I'm rusty on my Princess Bride.

I forgive you I can't however forgive Bass for never even watching the entire thing ;)

baseballjf14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baseballjf14
Re: Nice to meat you!

Please let this one win!

AcorNayho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AcorNayho
Re: Chixen Crossing

Kids love drumsticks, nuggets and buffalo wings... Go mad science!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Unicorn Steakhouse

alright, alright, lets keep this on theme. ;)

sorry, i dont have ps here at work to color this bad boy, you'll just have to use your imagination. =D

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Chixen Crossing

so disturbing...i really might have a problem eating chicken after this...and i loves chicken. =)

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
megsck wrote:alright, alright, lets keep this on theme. ;)

sorry, i dont have ps here at work to color this bad boy, you'll just have to use your imagination. =D

GUAAAHAHAHAHAHAH! Oh my Gosh. This makes it official. We need a shirt full of banana hammock-clad objects/people/animals.

Thumbs. Up. Forever.

PS: This beefy gentleman is hawt!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
kevlar51 wrote:I guess my enthusiasm was premature. Any momentum this one had seems to have completely disappeared.

Chin up. It's a really great design. You're joining the ranks of tons of great designs that never got printed at Woot.

midgerock

Re: Frank's Surf and Turf

Well done on the collab! I dig it much!
but why not a little cow instead of a pig for the surf and turf normally is steak and lobster... just sayin'. I still love it and love the piggy's uncertain expression.
+1

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

In bowling, when you get 3 strikes, they call it a turkey. So whenever someone bowls 3 strikes in a row in my bowling league, I always say, "gobble, gobble, gobble."

I'll be buying this to wear when I bowl if it wins! Will be my 2nd shirt by the Wman!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

brandonjay25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonjay25
Re: Meat's Not Murder...

that is one huge cleaver.

midgerock

She-ra's Swift Wind would be so proud!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: SingSing Meat Market

creepy enough?
+1

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:creepy enough?
+1

Supposed to be a creepy shirt. Note- the guy is some random dude in a halloween costume, not anybody evil.

violentoceans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages violentoceans

So. Wrong.

thewetmop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewetmop
utterdamnnonsense wrote:No, it's pretty clear. In fact, I think it'd be better without the text.

i see it as completely clear, its just a more obscure reference than the average person will recognize. I find myself explaining Patrick's "One ring" shirt much more often than i would expect to, considering the popularity of the movies. That said, this is most likely a buy for me if it prints.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
midgerock wrote:No, but his aunt owns a sports store called "I "heart" Balls". Any ball you want she's got them!

You definitely got my vote, but don't be surprised when the rejectionator disapproves of the tagline.

Innuendo has not fared well this Derby.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

@bluetuba and @bootsboots

thanks for the encouragement!

pariastagard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pariastagard
Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

I'm so devastated this didn't win. I am a die-hard Princess Bride fan (after all, it's only the greatest movie of all time) and would lovelovelove this shirt! Sir designer, where could I possibly get this since the wooters obviously have poor taste this go-round...? (of course I'm not biased at all...)

pariastagard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pariastagard
pariastagard wrote:I'm so devastated this didn't win. I am a die-hard Princess Bride fan (after all, it's only the greatest movie of all time) and would lovelovelove this shirt! Sir designer, where could I possibly get this since the wooters obviously have poor taste this go-round...? (of course I'm not biased at all...)

wait, it just let me vote...could this mean there's still hope??

midgerock

Re: Crazy Al's Meat Emporium

kevlar51 wrote:You definitely got my vote, but don't be surprised when the rejectionator disapproves of the tagline.

Innuendo has not fared well this Derby.

Good sir, I don't know what you are implying!
Crazy Al's meat quality and prices surely can not be beaten by any other competitor! Please do not sulley Crazy Al's good name with common double entendres! ;)

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Crazy Al's Meat Emporium

This would do better at ShirtADay.com . And even they might ask you to remove the O-U symbol, since the people who assign that take it very seriously.

crazybouncyliz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crazybouncyliz
Re: Just say No

I'm totally voting for it because those animals are so freaking cute!

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01

LOOOOOVE how you drew the unicorn. Font is awesome too *thumbs up*