chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Cold Blooded Killer

This was my favorite out of my 3 submission. It is sad that it is doing the worst, but that always seems to be the case here. Regardless, thank you all for the support! You all have good taste

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
manikx66 wrote:everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Nooo, I think it's pretty much fact at this point, it's undeniably similar. Somebody should post a side-by-side image for the lazy, hehe

That's assuming anybody cares that much, which I doubt.

*waggles finger at manik*

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: This is not bacon (resub)

Came back to this again because the joke(s) is/are funny. But, there also is no spoon. And I also still cannot wear a big pink blob on my chest.
Love you man, but I have to pass on this one.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Van Helsing Steak and Chop House

I thought this would be a great late entry- mix vampire hunter with meat eatery.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
nakeddoode wrote:I see it as saying that even if you're vegetarian you are still killing to live. A cow or a carrot, they both live. Nature doesn't say that humans are more important than bacteria or carrots or that because a cow is slightly closer to a human (its a mammal feels pain etc)then its wrong to eat things that we CAN empathize with but if they are ugly or creepy crawlies or invisible then what the hell chow down. That is the hypocrisy of vegetarianism. I was vegan for 10 years in my confused youth so I've thought about it a great deal. The Jains of India being the ridiculous end result ;)

i read somewhere that the crop industry kills more animals than the meat industry, because of all the little vermin that live in the fields that die because of the machine they use to harvest. either way something is being killed so that you have food, but that is why we evolved to have both sharp and flat teeth, so we can eat both =)

sledneckrdnk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sledneckrdnk
Re: By Your Powers Combined!

patrickspens does it again!

squidsalad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squidsalad
brockart wrote:This is sweet! I love the glow from the flame on the side of the rocket. I might also use this as a last minute halloween costume!

Haha, thank you. If it got printed, it would have to be a costume for next year though. xD

amberkillinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberkillinger
HeartlineTwist wrote:I love the style, love the artwork, but I can't vote for this because I will not vote for anything that references Thankskilling.

aww come on, that was the first thing i thought of when i saw this and i almost fell over laughing!! xD

benrefling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benrefling
Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

I have to admit the "meat" theme did not thrill me... I mean, aside from the fact that I'm a pseudo-vegetarian, wearing a shirt with meat on it is just weird.

But I love this idea... cute, clever, and just a little bit B.A. I would absolutely wear this.

Plus, the design itself is just brilliantly well-done. Very professional-looking.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Stupendous/brilliant

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Pure Meat

I thought this was a human heart made of maggots...

This is about a shirt, meaning people have to want to wear it...or at least not be too grossed out to wear it..

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: This is not bacon (resub)

Why is everyone talking about Canadians?! I'm Jewish. And I'm offended!

In all seriousness, I don't like this shirt. I appreciate where it's coming from but really not for me.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SkekTek

paigeg wrote:Don't you just hate public dipping pots? You never know what the other nuggetst have been doing in there, or what you might catch. ;)

Exactly! The breading falls off, and then you can't get it back on...

cobaltspectre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobaltspectre
jxchen wrote:I thought this was a human heart made of maggots...

This is about a shirt, meaning people have to want to wear it...or at least not be too grossed out to wear it..

If I believed that it looked a bit more like a human heart being consumed by maggots, I'd snap up two in a second- I wouldn't ever want to wear one out in the laundry. It would summarize my attitude toward "love" in one simple image. Alas, it looks more like an apple being consumed by worms.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
mjc613 wrote:This would do better at ShirtADay.com . And even they might ask you to remove the O-U symbol, since the people who assign that take it very seriously.

thanks for the advice.
as to the O-U symbol... that's part of the double entendre as well... which most Jewish people would get and appreciate where the average shirt afficianado would not, i.e. gentiles.
I don't think I need to spell it out further...

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
brandonjay25 wrote:that is one huge cleaver.

yes it is. Thanks for stopping by.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
paigeg wrote:Came back to this again because the joke(s) is/are funny. But, there also is no spoon. And I also still cannot wear a big pink blob on my chest.
Love you man, but I have to pass on this one.

Really, cause I think this would look awesome on you while driving your green Camaro Alas, well can I interest you in something else?

tjost

kylemittskus wrote:Why is everyone talking about Canadians?! I'm Jewish. And I'm offended!

In all seriousness, I don't like this shirt. I appreciate where it's coming from but really not for me.

That's cool Kyle, I understand, maybe you'll be interested in my next piece in this series though. I'm going to call it "This is not a Gefilte Fish"

tjost

paigeg wrote:Slipping away, I can feel it slipping away... C'mON Woot voters, you can do better than that! As much as I agree with the sentiment, I will NOT wear a bland piece of canadian 'bacon' on my chest.
Get with the program people, and vote for THIS!

Now that's just hurtful Paige, I thought we had something special If it makes you feel any better I don't think it's got enough momentum to print this go around.

Great job on this guys, a little too much blood for my taste but it came together nice. Also I appreciate the work in progress pictures, always nice to see how others bring stuff together. While I'm bummed for Draxxx, he does get stuff printed fairly regularly, poor Odysseyroc though, man can't get a break

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Spiritgreen wrote:Nice try, pig. But until the price of monkey bacon comes down you're not changing my mind. -_^

+1

Thanks, spirit.
Although I think I'd like to try monkey bacon just once.

tjost

Re: Eat More Monkey

The pigs little goatee cracks me up. Keep pluggin along and you'll get there. Good work +1

tjost

camylow7 wrote:This was my first Derby Entry...tell me, what did you think? future suggestions?

For a first entry not bad. Make sure when your doing your shirt comp though you don't distort the image like what happened on this, looks a little squished. Also think about beefing (haha) up your text a little, whether that means increasing the size or using a cunkier font. Lastly, while I don't mind white shirts, especially if the design calls for it, avoid them for a design like this. People have a hate for the white shirt for some reason and this print could have easily gone on any number of colors. Keep it up though

tjost

Re: Van Helsing Steak and Chop House

I like the idea but I'm not sure on the execution. I see that you were trying to use a font that simulated a wood cut type effect like your main image has, but the lines are so narrow it makes the text look out of place in comparison. Maybe using a solid font would help bring the image together? Anyways good idea

tjost

makena29 wrote:American streaky bacon is far superior to English floppy bacon. (Really, floppy bacon with about 2% meat is nasty.) I was sorely disappointed when I lived in England and couldn't get decent, crispy, crunchy, crackley bacon. (Mmm, SO good.) And besides, you people eat tomatoes and baked beans for breakfast, so you have no room for complaint.

I've noticed that about English cooking, they do tend to like fattier cuts of meat (and what is the deal with tomotoes and beans for breakfast?) I peel my bacon if it's too fatty (I'm in the minority I know) unless it does have a nice crisp to it.

Good job in this Infinity. I really like that you did all the little sizzle bubbles in the pan showing the hotness of the skillet. The only thing I can't quite get over though is the Octo's head/body. It looks like he got pimped out with a flame job, I know that's probably not what you meant but I can't unsee it

tjost

Hammylink wrote:It's all a matter of proper cooking. Even pork bellies can be thoroughly crispy if done right.

American bacon is pork bellies though. I watched a thing on the science channel and it showed them cutting it. I think the grossest part was when they shave off the nipples of the belly before the start slicing it into strips :P

tjost

Re: sausage fest

Meat with boobs, heh Now mean aren't the only thing objectified when referencing meat

tjost

Re: cmykondiments

Nice concept Adder. The only thing though is that your colors are too flourecent. Real process cyan and magenta are darker, I actually think it would look better too if you used the proper colors.

tjost

Re: HAMBURGER 4 LIFE!

Good concept on this I think I agree on maybe making it a little smaller, or if you keep it this size making the colors a little less bright. +1

tjost

Re: Pudding means Meat

Great reference on this. I think I'd like to see the pudding and meat a little biger though, they get kind of lost on the brick pattern. +1

SkekTek

tjost wrote:I like the idea but I'm not sure on the execution. I see that you were trying to use a font that simulated a wood cut type effect like your main image has, but the lines are so narrow it makes the text look out of place in comparison. Maybe using a solid font would help bring the image together? Anyways good idea

Thanks, tjost! I was working so hard on the main art, I kinda skimped on the font to get it in with a day to spare. A more solid font would probably have worked here better.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

Thanks guys for all your comments and votes!

mpsorens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpsorens
Re: falcondog

Those lines where on the template

sacredlrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sacredlrose
Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

I love it! This is the only shirt I've ever laughed at multiple times and the only shirt I've ever commented on. Hope we get to buy it.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
tjost wrote:Now that's just hurtful Paige, I thought we had something special If it makes you feel any better I don't think it's got enough momentum to print this go around.

I'm sure she meant that "with all due respect".

Great job on this guys, a little too much blood for my taste but it came together nice. Also I appreciate the work in progress pictures, always nice to see how others bring stuff together.

I thought it may be too gory for the voter base here, but I also think it's a pretty kick-ass design. It's always cool to have a chance to work with another artist who you admire.

While I'm bummed for Draxxx, he does get stuff printed fairly regularly, poor Odysseyroc though, man can't get a break

If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
Hammylink wrote:Stop smothering us with your vegetarian propoganda...like you would smother a thanksgiving plate with gravy. Mmmmm!

stop being an asshat they never tried to push their beliefs they just said they couldn't' wear the shirt because of them ....furthermore she was complementing the shirt

weirdpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdpuckett
Re: Funny Meat

Dan Reynolds won't appreciate this at all . . ..

flamespear

Re: Baconoctopus

design is epin gmv

forgetmyname

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forgetmyname

GMV. Great job.

flamespear

thatrobert wrote:Do people eat "cowtail" too???

baww you left out the best part...the biscuit! that's the big chunk at the end of the chest below the throat. Tongue is eaten also. Though the only people I've known to eat them are Amish

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

Digging this one. I like the style you chose to use here and, of course, I love a good MLT as much as the next guy.