flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
Re: Just say No

i think you'll still get a honorable mention

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: An exhaustive guide to cuts of meat

flamespear wrote:baww you left out the best part...the biscuit! that's the big chunk at the end of the chest below the throat. Tongue is eaten also. Though the only people I've known to eat them are Amish

I think eating tongue is pretty common -- my wife has had tongue and she's not a terribly adventurous carnivore.

Reading that again, that sounds kinda weird. Hopefully, I won't be quoted out of context!

flamespear

Re: F.Y.I.

holy crap this is like artist double fog week

flamespear

Re: Pudding means Meat

the design itself is really cute but i don't like it on red...it just kind of gets washed away...probably why it's so low =(

flamespear

Re: Know Your Meats

:/ this is a great design probably too late for a resub but you should at least try

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Funny Meat

The only thing that might save this from rejection is that it was submitted on Tuesday.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
mpsorens wrote:Those lines where on the template

You can remove both those lines and the shirt color samples while putting your design into the template.

looktotheskies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages looktotheskies
Re: Nerds Guide to Unicorn Meat V2

that rainbow is more than the max colors to have this shirt printed btw.

kessamichelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kessamichelle
Re: GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER

i <3 aaron alford

jrsentme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrsentme

Nice! I like it.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

This shirt is offensive. Ketchup and prime rib should never go together.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Pudding means Meat
tjost wrote:Great reference on this. I think I'd like to see the pudding and meat a little biger though, they get kind of lost on the brick pattern. +1

Thanks Tjost! I couldn't imagine wearing a large piece of meat on a shirt, so I tried to make it a bit smaller. I see what you mean though.

flamespear wrote:the design itself is really cute but i don't like it on red...it just kind of gets washed away...probably why it's so low =(

Thanks flamespear. Honestly, I wasn't really expecting so many votes with this, just wanted to do it But anyway, the other colors I was considering was cranberry (which might be a similar situation), and black... something like this:

Vote!

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
looktotheskies wrote:that rainbow is more than the max colors to have this shirt printed btw.

usesd the following colors
1Purple
2Blue
3Green
4Red
5Yellow
6White

The outline looks orange against the navy shirt but is the same color in the rainbow

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Nerds Guide to Unicorn Meat V2

Similar Shirts Exist.

I do not buy the whole 'it's already Tuesday, so it won't print' excuse as to why things that are breaking rules are not rejected immediately.

jxchen

tjost wrote:The only thing I can't quite get over though is the Octo's head/body. It looks like he got pimped out with a flame job, I know that's probably not what you meant but I can't unsee it

I have to agree here. I like this image quite a lot, but the flame-like pattern on the head is strange.

jxchen

Re: Unicorn Steakhouse

I can imagine this shirt would start many an interesting conversation. Nice work on the clean lines.

jxchen

Re: Mystery Meat

This is a very striking and elegant image, which I find ironic in a derby about meat. I am very impressed with your take on this. Nice colors and text work here.

lizzi25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzi25

Coolest shirt ever. I want it, and a pet Turduken

jxchen

Re: Humpburger

Very charming image, it is a shame it is not up in the top. I personally hope to see this design again sometime.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
camylow7 wrote:did you mean Sailor's Tuna?? (if so just re-sub)

sailors can't spell

jennaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennaelf
Re: Mystery Meat

This is, hands down, my absolute favorite shirt in this derby (after looking at them all). Of course, I could be influenced by my love of all things Holmes and Lovecraftian. Striking and clean design.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
runnerfrog13 wrote:Reminds me of the Lisa Frank puppies - golden with purple noses, and surrounded by rainbows. My daughter would love this (well... until she realized it was chopped up unicorn).

(here is the closest image I can find to the puppies I remember http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TastesLikeDiabetes )

Partially intentional! After I started coloring I realized I could give it a sort of Lisa Frank vibe with the colors. Then I was glad I left the dog in, because I had been considering taking it out and just having the bag and bowl.

(Lisa Frank was the biggest thing ever when I was a kid.)

nutbarz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nutbarz
Spiritgreen wrote:I didn't want to be the first one to say it, but that's exactly who I see too. :p

Super creepy.

Totally Agree - Gacy was the original Killer CLown

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Pure Meat

Either way, it's pretty much beyond the pale of what most folks would wear. In a more constructive vein, I also think the design is a bit too large. Not all designs have to take up the whole print area.
Still, good illo. Hope to see more, just a little less, um, nauseating.

paigeg

sasham62 wrote:You can remove both those lines and the shirt color samples while putting your design into the template.

Yep, it's not always easy, but you can do it. The shirt colors are easy - just turn off that layer. I struggle more with the SPOOKTACULAR! guides, though.
Who'll tell us the easy way to get rid of them?

paigeg

Re: Funny Meat

TOTALLY confused. Which is the submission?

paigeg

SkekTek wrote:Thanks, tjost! I was working so hard on the main art, I kinda skimped on the font to get it in with a day to spare. A more solid font would probably have worked here better.

I agree, the engraver font is out of place. Conversely, though, I think the woodcut effect is a bit overdone, too. Spacing it out just a bit would help.

paigeg

Re: Meating of the STATES

I don't think anyone really gets this. I know I don't. I mean, I get the pig with the US map on it (don't appreciate NY/New England being missing!). But why does it suddenly turn into a chicken/turkey's butt? I can't decide if the "Big One" finally hit the west coast, or I'm missing some pop culture reference.

paigeg

Re: Swamp Beef

Your design looks a bit warped on the shirt comp. Do't forget to lock the aspect ratio when you resize to keep it into proportion.
Gator = good eatin', BTW. Especially with a marmalade dipping sauce.

paigeg

Re: My Meatlover

Lol! Love it. But if anyone EVER puts green olives in my meatballs...

paigeg

Re: Zombie Foodchain

Funny concept! Just 'food chain' does it, with the Zombie at the top. But two questions: How is a fish above a bird? And wha't the thing in the middle right? My eye is seeing a seal?

paigeg

tjost wrote:Really, cause I think this would look awesome on you while driving your green Camaro Alas, well can I interest you in something else?

Hmmm. Pink and green do complement well, but... Ah, no.
And yes, I'll have some (real) bacon, please. And (honest) ham. OH, and lobster... This derby (and all you rad artists) really is(are) messing with my willpower.

paigeg

coolestghoul wrote:Nice. I feel a Princess Bride derby coming on!

Oooh, that would be cool! I'm sure we'd have lots of rats of unusual size.

PS, tjost - I forgot the mutton in the other thread. I especially want mutton. Maybe with a side of lobster. Or lobster topping!

paigeg

Re: Late Night Snack

I get a McManus or Gray vintage comic feel from your style, with those round empty eyes. Very, very cool!

paigeg

brockart wrote:It was a day like any other day. I was about to get canned by the boys in blue, but then she walked in. She was bun length with eyes like a beautiful sunset. But for all her delicious beauty, I had the suspicion she was packing heat...

She had a sad story - they all do. Her home skillet, a big hunk who worked at the packing house, had gone missing. But there was something fishy about her story. The packing house only packs pork shoulder. Plus, I hate fish...

paigeg

kevlar51 wrote:This is a re-imagineering (is that a word?) of my very first shirt.woot entry, the crying creamsicle.

I wish you had at least made it tubular, like a corndog. Now it just looks like a popsicle with a meaty center (ugh!). I don't mind much when folks re-do and re-sub previous stuff ordinarily. But at least work at it a bit harder.
Oh, and 'imagineers' are Disney special effects, etc. folks who dream up the various things for the theme parks.

paigeg

odysseyroc wrote:My wife won't even eat a taco from someplace that serves lengua. She's worried that her asada might touch the lengua or even worse, some lengua finds it's way into her food.

Oh, the lengua is fine, in general. But this kinda creepy, salivating one... Uh. no.

paigeg

Re: french meat hunt

As usual, not enough love for really good art and a unique concept. >sigh<

paigeg

b3ck701 wrote:Do you even know who Jonathan Swift is??

It seems apparent to me, he does.
It's irony, man, irony.

paigeg

Re: Whatever. They're delicious.

Keep at it - the only problems with this are technical. Your art looks great. And yeah, I snap into a Slim Jim on occasion. Got a tube in my office cubby right now. "Open in case of meat craving."