kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201
Re: Unicorn Steakhouse

This is great. Not something I'd personally wear, but I can appreciate the design.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
sTyLeS wrote:The black definitely looks way cooler IMO.

Ah... well too late now, but thanks sTyLeS!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Just say No
flamespear wrote:i think you'll still get a honorable mention

That would be great, but I guess we'll see. Thanks flamespear!

kc6201

Re: Baconoctopus

This is such an odd derby. I'm not really the type of person to wear "meat designs." I've only looked at a few entries today starting at around 11:50am, so wasn't able to contribute votes to many. I think this would be my favorite of what I've looked through. I like it, yet it still kind of grosses me out.

grayehound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
kc6201 wrote:If you don't see the creep factor, what about the design signals "anti-McDonalds"?

The reason I did this design was to be critical of McDonald's and fast food in general...or at least the perception of their food. The perception is you get fat from fast food, so I parody that by having a super obese cow. The perception is the meat is heavily processed, so I have chicken nuggets strolling around the yard eating fries. The creep factor though comes from how people see Old McDonald (Ronald's father btw) and I didn't see his expression as creepy, but then I'm not bothered by clowns the way many people are. And I never thought of Gacy at all or I might've changed the face to be happier. I stand by the art, but I admit I didn't see it the way the comments suggested until after they were made. Oh well, there's next week...

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

Thanks for the support and comments everyone!

blackeyeliner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackeyeliner

This is awesome, I hope it can get printed.

gypsyharte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gypsyharte

I love this! y'know me and Unicorns.. you did an super terrific job, You kicked B"ass"!

faust666x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faust666x

[quote postid="4218996" user="tjost"]That's kinda what I wanted to make, a shirt you could wear in public and most people would think was a just a pub looking shirt, but then every once in awhile you'd get someone that goes, OH COOL Glad you like it and thanks to everyone who's supporting this. I gaurantee you'll see it again if it doesn't get printed here [/quote

Where else do you submit to, because I circus peanuts! to miss an opportunity to get a shirt for my whole family (3 of us).

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx

PEBKAC...

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx
Re: TEXAS CHAINSAW BBQ

beaterbar wrote:One problem is that Texas isn't really known for their pork bbq. I don't think one Texas bbq place would emphasize their hog over brisket.

Crappity crap. Out of the fog. Well, just wanted to pop in to say in today's paper there are TWO BBQ trailers that feature pork:

Bee Caves BBQ "country-style pork ribs, pork loin and Taylor sausage" and Shedd's BBQ Rolling Joint "Sweet and tender Mississippi-style pulled pork sandwiches."

Mmmm...love me some pulled pork sammich. I hope this prints elsewhere! Def in for one!

gavinfairbanks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gavinfairbanks
Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

Nice concept, the text is very funny! Good Luck!

synshyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synshyn
faust666x wrote:[quote postid="4218996" user="tjost"]That's kinda what I wanted to make, a shirt you could wear in public and most people would think was a just a pub looking shirt, but then every once in awhile you'd get someone that goes, OH COOL Glad you like it and thanks to everyone who's supporting this. I gaurantee you'll see it again if it doesn't get printed here [/quote

Where else do you submit to, because I circus peanuts! to miss an opportunity to get a shirt for my whole family (3 of us).

thericechef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thericechef

Dear lord, this shirt HAS to be printed.

synshyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synshyn
synshyn wrote:

Sorry, I meant to add my voice to those wanting to know where else you may submit this.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
enjasan wrote:I too wanted this shirt.

Loss of sale.

It's truly aggravating that people put "YOU LOST MY PURCHASE!" as if that's some kind of a valid response to proper rule enforcement.

gracexface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gracexface
Re: Happy Cow

love it

kc6201

Re: Steaked

I enjoy this one. Good job!

kc6201

Re: Whatever. They're delicious. (Resub)

It's not a mystery really. They're made of low-grade beef and "mechanically separated chicken," among other things. I still love them. Add enough flavoring and anything can taste good. Go figure.

ncerniglia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncerniglia
Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

I absolutely want this shirt. Please let us know where else it will print.

Thank you.

kc6201

I didn't recognize the reference either. Been several years since I've last seen it and if it's not a big part of the movie, I don't tend to remember it. Now that I know what it's from though, I like it. I enjoy subtler references.

healsr4f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages healsr4f
kc6201 wrote:It's not a mystery really. They're made of low-grade beef and "mechanically separated chicken," among other things. I still love them. Add enough flavoring and anything can taste good. Go figure.

I love that phrase; mechanically separated chicken. It's half the reason I buy them. I hate manually separated chicken. Unless its got a lot of flavoring.

pickabattle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickabattle
paigeg wrote:I'm still learning, myself, but I'll take a shot.
I think this is composed nicely, and I like the choice of shirt color. If I'm not going to use black lines, I like dark colors like navy, a dark green, brown... Cranberry wouldn't have been my first choice, but it looks good.
To color this, you'd have to remove some of your shadning, and beef up your linework quite a bit first. This would probably look great with a faded, muted color scheme and some halftoning for the shading. I don't think you'd want to go for full-blown saturated colors.
My opinion, fwiw.

Pageg, thank you so much for the feedback! I definitely see what you are saying with needing to clean up the linework for full color. I have kind of a beginner question, though...how is everyone doing halftones? I've never done those before, and I confess that I have no idea how to. So far I have been using Gimp for my designs (although I am considering getting Photoshop or Illustrator if I can justify it!).

DarkRaven44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkRaven44

I will be purchasing two of these one for me and one for my boyfriend!

jennaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennaelf

I will be watching for this one. It gets printed, and it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

franzzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franzzy

yah...he got boned.

goinbroke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goinbroke
megsck wrote:i read somewhere that the crop industry kills more animals than the meat industry, because of all the little vermin that live in the fields that die because of the machine they use to harvest. either way something is being killed so that you have food, but that is why we evolved to have both sharp and flat teeth, so we can eat both =)

And a majority of those crops harvested go to beef production, not direct human consumption. So I guess it's really the meat industry that's causing the death of most of those vermin too

brandonjay25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonjay25
camylow7 wrote:This was my first Derby Entry...tell me, what did you think? future suggestions?

image is squished, try a different word font... too small of words, and what's with the white... the idea was great though, made me laugh

letterchick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages letterchick

Love it...and I am a vegetarian! My pick hands paws down. Where the mutton is nice and lean...ha!

djsmurphy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djsmurphy
makena29 wrote:How is this not in the top 9???? I've been keeping my fingers crossed for a baconoctopus shirt for the last week and I'm going to be crushed if I can't get one.

I couldn't agree more. I'm sooo bummed it didn't make the cut. If it prints anywhere else I need it! Badly!!

crazyinhr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyinhr
manikx66 wrote:For starters why have you not left comments on Prehistoric Meat Chart and diagram of a pig these are both also animal meat charts. Similar to An exhaustive guide to cuts of meat but different such as mine is. As for plagiarism look up the meaning its taking work that is not yours and using it for yourself unchanged. If you look at all the meat diagram submissions they are all different in various way. You can assume that they where influenced by the first one but might not have been. Either way as long as they are similar but different it is ok. A while back I did a post with Charlie brown likenesses shortly after it was posted 2 more showed up from that line of characters but I didn’t have an issue with it they where different. For the lateness of my submission 1. I work and have a social life so I’m busy with other things, 2 I have other submissions that I had worked on first and 3. I already an idea like this before the derby even started but was not sure about the text rule. After the first wave of rejects went through and other diagrams survived I said what the hell why not submit my version as well.

I voted for this shirt and not for An exhausted guide. The thought never occurred to me that the same artist had done both shirts simply from the names of the cuts of meat. While the other amused me a bit, it lacked much creativity. Definitely not a copy, haters hate on you because you saw a basic idea that was good and made it something better. Keep up the good work, I appreciate any and all nerdified shirts <3

skandranon314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skandranon314
Re: Nerds Guide to Unicorn Meat V2

Having seen this shirt before the other meat diagrams I voted for this one and not any of them. For good reason, this sh*t is f*cking rad! Any nerd that has ever enjoyed a real life role playing game such as D&D will get the humor here. The others just are not as funny, or as creative.

Even if this shirt was influenced by the other, every idea has been done before, sometime, somewhere. People get rich everyday by seeing an idea and saying I can do that better, then doing it. So what?

Haters gonna hate.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

haha..."chork", "purkey", and "other hotdogs" are my favorite ingredients

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

caralyn192

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caralyn192

PLEASE, PLEASE post where you print this shirt!!! I NEED it! Anybody want a peanut?

evshro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evshro

I'd be in for a few too!! Great classic looking design!

ShesAKueper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShesAKueper

Gah! I'm starting to get nervous! Just saw this derby on Friday (sorry I didn't get to vote!!) and now there's only one day left for my chances to own a shirt describing how I feel about industrialized meat with the words "A Tiny Bit of Poop". Hope it sells, but either way, brilliant concept, and I hope you can sell it elsewhere if not here.

catbeastaisha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catbeastaisha

I'm totally bummed this didn't win! I thought for sure it would place! Hopefully, the editor's might be kind and pick it to print anyway, I'd love to add this to my Woot Shirt collection!

havens1515

quality posts: 0 Private Messages havens1515
timjoestan wrote:To you? How so?

I say good job. If you don't offend someone you didn't do your job. Almost every shirt on this site is offensive to SOMEONE, this one is no different.

I do agree that it would have been better with the words "braise him" though.

havens1515

quality posts: 0 Private Messages havens1515
Re: food is murder!

Great shirt. The art is amazing. I would have bought one.

Radien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien

I know opinions are like posteriors, but for my part:

I absolutely love the artwork here, but I feel that the shirt would do just as well (or better) without the slogan. Simply wearing a "Unicorn Steakhouse" shirt is wonderfully ironic on its own.

Perhaps the slogan was added as an attempt to draw in more male customers, but personally, as a guy, I'd wear this without any pandering. Heck yeah, I'm secure enough to wear a unicorn on my chest!