gittygrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gittygrrl
Re: Just say No

Ha, the expressions on their poor little faces may actually turn me vegetarian. And my vote just pushed this into the fog, yay!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Feel The Burn

I'll bet he smells delicious.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
trekmiss wrote:After a quick glance where I saw a random tusk instead of a mouth really threw me off. Now I can't unsee the tusk. Cool shirt, though. Very cute idea.

Curse you, trekmiss, for mentioning the tusk. Now I can't "unsee" it either. Hrm.

nickhollomon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickhollomon

It's Mystery Meat My Dear Watson... Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

sTyLeS

Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

I liked the last ingredient "Other Hot Dogs".

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface
downsideup wrote:it is always good to have some oinkment on hand when combatting swine flu! unlike the avian flu, which would require immediate tweetment!

I'm sorry for that

Bahahaha! That's awesome.

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
brianginther wrote:This is really funny, but I don't think I would buy it with the boxy tree. It would be better if you had the full tree in there.

I know what you mean... I went boxy because the tree in the book always was cut off at the top of the page. You never got to see the full enormity of it. Plus, I couldn't think of a good shape to make the tree in its entirety that didn't resemble Sideshow Bob.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: MOAR BAKUN!

What do we want?

MOAR BAKUN!

When do we want it?

NOW!

sTyLeS

stingray69 wrote:When you get right down to it there's a tiny bit of poop in everything.

Including your undies.

sTyLeS

Re: You wouldnt deny him, would you?

On the closeup pic, why does it look like it's on a knit wool sweater?

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
Re: frog legs and a butterfly

The placement is very nice. good work!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
rogerrogerroger wrote:too gross?

No! It's weird and great.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: burned at the steak

Not sure what happened. My colors came out a bit darker on this monitor. grrr. May need to resub when I have time.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
rglee129 wrote:Thanks for the kind words and early votes, folks!

As for ThatRobert's and OdysseyRoc's composition comments- tried it with a shirt full of text, but it looked kind of weird since the hot dog is standing on a surface. Maybe it would work if he was drawn more in a floating pose...? I love you guys' work and value your opinions, so I'll think about them more and maybe play with it a bit...

It seems kind of top heavy to me. Maybe some sort of horizontal element at the bottom would help "anchor" things.

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: This is not bacon.

yes! magritte4lyfe!

sTyLeS

graffd02 wrote:And why? this is completely my work... an homage to the original, and a work of parody...

AND its about MEAT

We've shown you several examples in the pre-derby thread, but you chose not to listen.
Every single Dr. Seuss submitted shirt has been rejected with something along the lines of "not in public domain".

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
odysseyroc wrote:I'd love it if the text bubble said "I'm a monster!!!"

LOL! I love this idea! Rglee, I think you should re-sub with some of these suggestions. I really don't see a problem with the length of text, I think it looks fine the way it is. But I love this idea from o-roc, and I would love to see "happy fun ball" in the ingredients as well like Robert suggested. Also would love to see "log" in there

Eye gunk, belly button lint, and gum come to mind as well...

Great shirt though, it's hilarious. It appeals to the psychologist in me

zosai

Re: The Catch

i really like the drawing and style. i think if the water stretched horizontally across the shirt more it would feel more balanced, but it's a great design! GMV

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
wootvan wrote:I dunno...that tin makes it look like you are pushing Unicorn Snuff which, of course, is made from coarsely ground horn (no meat or by-products) with a pinch of MSG added.

Or it's tinned like caviar, another delicacy. But yeah, Unicorn Snuff makes more sense.

swankyspoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swankyspoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttetmdOZXSU

zosai

Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

totally awwesome! the feathers look amazing. Every week your designs are so impressive. GMV

sharkswithlasers349

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkswithlasers349
Re: This is not bacon.

If the grammar were correct, I would buy this, even though I'm Canadian.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
thatrobert wrote:I'm not sure what's funnier -- the joke ingredients or the ones that are likely to actually be IN a hotdog...

there were joke ingredients?

troytime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troytime

brilliant shirt. but the thumbnail on the voting page doesn't do it justice.

rogerrogerroger

troytime wrote:brilliant shirt. but the thumbnail on the voting page doesn't do it justice.

oh! i was just thinking about resubbing it with a better thumb. here i go...thanks!

sTyLeS

Re: Baconoctopus

There's just something about this one that I like and keeps drawing me back to it. Sure, it's bacony. But I think maybe it's the fact that it's still alive and it's staring at me.

rogerrogerroger

BootsBoots wrote:No! It's weird and great.

thanks boots! youre weird and great too.

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

this is pretty cool, very wearable

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: F.Y.I.

Would the common person be able to afford this? It's just that unicorns are so rare to begin with, I can't imagine it would be cheap to buy this. I suppose I'll just have to buy this shirt. :D

YinofYang

Re: TEXAS CHAINSAW BBQ

Rock on, you two! This is a sweet design.

I would like the Wandering Tourist Sampler and the Totally Oblivious is a perfect description.

rogerrogerroger

Re: HAMBURGER 4 LIFE!

yes!!! i love this.

i have a tattoo on my leg of a sandwich with a dagger through it..

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Just say No
skaake wrote:Nice!

Thanks skaake!

Spiritgreen wrote:Sorry animals, I munna eat choo. Except maybe the chicks. ::narrows eyes:: We'll see.

Sweet design, jas'! ^__^

NooooooOO! How can you even consider the poor little chicks, peeping?

Thanks Spiritgreen!

gittygrrl wrote:Ha, the expressions on their poor little faces may actually turn me vegetarian. And my vote just pushed this into the fog, yay!

Hehe you could always give it a try;) Not in the fog now, but hopefully it will get back there. Thanks gittygrrl!

Vote!

swankyspoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swankyspoon
sTyLeS wrote:We've shown you several examples in the pre-derby thread, but you chose not to listen.
Every single Dr. Seuss submitted shirt has been rejected with something along the lines of "not in public domain".

But the three examples I found that you pointed out, have what seem to be imitations of characters. This one seems less clear cut. Though it is in the style of Dr. Seuss, it has no characters in it. This seems significant to me.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
melquam wrote:Don't feel bad, Mr. Tree... that kid was no good for you anyway.

Especially once he develops type 2 diabetes from all of the pork fat he will eat.

This is a great twist on a classic piece of book cover art. I applaud your effort, the only thing I can suggest, would be to make the image smaller and finish the tree. Otherwise, you succeeded in your attempt.

YinofYang

Re: Feel The Burn

Do you think all steaks feel this way when they're cooking? Of course, I might be creeped out if my steak popped a smile. Very funny design!

radharose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radharose
Re: By Your Powers Combined!

By your powers combined...isn't that from Captain Planet? Are you seriously comparing a hotdog to Captain Planet?

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
sTyLeS wrote:The Rejectionator will be here in...3...2...

agreed.

No. Yes.

YinofYang

Re: Turducken

Ohhh...it's described as "A turducken is a dish consisting of a de-boned chicken stuffed into a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed into a de-boned turkey. The word turducken is a portmanteau of turkey, duck, and chicken or hen."

I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Quick, somebody cook this up. I really do like your design, the colors are quite pretty and there's a good amount of detail.

YinofYang

Re: An Honest Meal

I like it when my food is honest. Bless that little piggy.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
brockart wrote:Cool. I'll try that tonight. I was also thinking the asphalt or the baby blue colors.

I'm partial to baby blue, this is the right type of design for that color.