+ Add a Comment

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
sTyLeS wrote:Boots, I definitely like some of your more simplistic logo-esque design. This is one of them.

Same. I wouldn't like to wear this particular message, but love the clean simple look and colors.

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: I like BIG hams

You others can deny,
when a pig walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face,
you get...*cough*

Sorry, I got a little carried away. I love this design so much! It's simple and hilarious.

m0d0nne11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m0d0nne11
JesseBYAH wrote:Ok little buddy... just because you asked so nicely

I like that you used "super." I know that's an odd thing to like, but I enjoy saying super.

This is super awes0me

I'm also a fan of the word super.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: This is not bacon.

well i am voting for this now (and will buy if it prints) but if you are going to resub, do it! get those early votes yo!

Happy Beer.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
theinfinityloop wrote:I did this as a pencil sketch earlier on in the year for our dear Miss Jadenkale. I ended up liking it enough to make a shirt design out of it. I don't really have a deep explanation for it other than it is simply two great things. Mmmmmmm.

You guys are weird.

(Nice design)

YinofYang

Re: The Catch

Nice work, Kevlar, this is beautifully drawn.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
thatrobert wrote:Good point. Maybe if the text was a shade of blue or something -- more of a wallpaper feel -- and a more distinct darker shadow under the feet?

This! That would take care of any odd feelings I'm getting from it. Either way this is still great, were just nit picking at this point.

swankyspoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swankyspoon
frik wrote:agreed.

If indeed it does get rejected, I can understand the reasoning. However, can someone please explain why this one will be rejected, while this shirts like this one was fine. What is the line?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/It_s_A_Trap!hzjDetail.png

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
swankyspoon wrote:But the three examples I found that you pointed out, have what seem to be imitations of characters. This one seems less clear cut. Though it is in the style of Dr. Seuss, it has no characters in it. This seems significant to me.

Sure. He's gonna try and see what happens. If it's not rejected, then good for him. But if it is rejected, then there really isn't any reason to cry foul though.
Instead of constantly trying to skirt rules, it might be better to simply come up with something more original and with your own style instead of borrowing a style.

YinofYang

Re: And On His Farm He Had Chicken Nuggets

*Clap clap*

There's just lots of fun things to look at. Great design!

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: A High Steaks Love Affair

still love it, still would buy.

weird question though.....why do i see the fork and the knife both as males? and no, i am not a meat popsicle enthusiast.

Happy Beer.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
swankyspoon wrote:If indeed it does get rejected, I can understand the reasoning. However, can someone please explain why this one will be rejected, while this shirts like this one was fine. What is the line?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/It_s_A_Trap!hzjDetail.png

for starters, that was a daily. They are different.

For second, that one should probably never have printed.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: I like BIG hams

To think,a shirt with a giant ham roast on it would be so wanted. You really hit the mark with that ham illustration. It looks all shiny and delicious.

rogrogg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogrogg
Re: Fire Escape

Loving the idea but dislike the red background color... that would really prevent me from buying it. Perhaps on brown or charcoal or black or white?

sTyLeS

Re: Prehistoric Meat Chart

It doesn't look like this was modified at all from your Prehistoric Art derby sub http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=45474

elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman
Re: By Your Powers Combined!

I'm still laughing. This is prime time!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: An Honest Meal

Fog hog.

jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry
mjc613 wrote:Beagles do not have opposable thumbs and therefore cannot use that grinder.

You have never met my beagle! She would find a way.

ocg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ocg

This reminds me too much of the Chik-fil-a cow.

beaterbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar
Re: TEXAS CHAINSAW BBQ

One problem is that Texas isn't really known for their pork bbq. I don't think one Texas bbq place would emphasize their hog over brisket.

jasneko

Re: Just say No

Closeup w/the chicks... to those undecided about eating them;)

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Humpburger

This is delightfully weird; I'm surprised at the lack of votes. Blame it on the thumbnail, perhaps?

sTyLeS

ocg wrote:This reminds me too much of the Chik-fil-a cow.

It's supposed to.
Only it's not a cow, it's a pig. And he's not talking about chicken...it's monkey.
And this pig can spell better than the cow, because pigs are way smarter...everyone knows that.

sTyLeS

jasneko wrote:Closeup w/the chicks... to those undecided about eating them;)

I'll gobble them up. They look like Marshmallow Peeps.

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
HeartlineTwist wrote:I love the style, love the artwork, but I can't vote for this because I will not vote for anything that references Thankskilling.

THIS JUST IN: Turkeys exist, and are eaten, independently of Thanksgiving.

endangeredomega

Re: TEXAS CHAINSAW BBQ

This is just pure Frankensteined-upedness. And I mean that in the best way possible. Fabulous work from two fabulous artists. It's some kind of sublime, incestuous perfection going on here ...

jasneko

Re: An exhaustive guide to cuts of meat

Pretty gross - and funny! Nice one ThatRobert!:D

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
Re: It's Mystery Meat My Dear Watson

I really like this idea, but I feel like the title is what REALLY brings the message across. Still think it's a great shirt even without the title though, it just takes on a different meaning.

endangeredomega

Re: F.Y.I.

It's like unicorn cocaine. I'd snort that ...

baseballjf14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baseballjf14
Re: Meat Group?

Everyone has their own version of gourmet I suppose!

nickhollomon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickhollomon
zwartepaard wrote:I really like this idea, but I feel like the title is what REALLY brings the message across. Still think it's a great shirt even without the title though, it just takes on a different meaning.

Thanks. I toyed around with throwing some text on there, but in the end I went with just the image.

mbk21

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbk21

As a vegetarian, I wasn't particularly looking forward to seeing the entries in this contest, but I would totally buy this shirt (and wear it on Thanksgiving while listening to "Alice's Restaurant").

Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

sTyLeS

Re: Pork Tenderloin

I'm not sure what color it's currently on, but you'll probably need to resub it on an official woot shirt color.

jasneko

wootvan wrote:I dunno...that tin makes it look like you are pushing Unicorn Snuff which, of course, is made from coarsely ground horn (no meat or by-products) with a pinch of MSG added.

hehe When I first saw it I was wondering as well... what is that supposed to be? Unicorn cream of wheat? Unicorn edible cold cream?

Definitely up for interpretation hehe

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
jasneko wrote:hehe When I first saw it I was wondering as well... what is that supposed to be? Unicorn cream of wheat? Unicorn edible cold cream?

Definitely up for interpretation hehe

Heh! I was thinking unicorn meat would look kind of like tuna, but puffier and shinier.

sTyLeS

Re: MEATeors

Just a comment/suggestion. I think your thumbnail could really benefit from a different image. It's hard to make anything out in the current one. Maybe zoom out a little bit and show the whole planet, or get some of the fork in there. Something like that to give the prospective voter a little more to go on.

I personally click on every single entry because I don't want to miss out on any hidden gems. But I know there are probably several people that just skim over the thumbnails and only click on the ones that look slightly interesting to them.

It's something I struggle with every week too...trying to figure out what image to use for the thumbnail. Not always easy.
Good luck.

cwhieldon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages cwhieldon
Re: And On His Farm He Had Chicken Nuggets

It seems to me like a pretty obviously anti-McDonalds shirt.

sTyLeS

Re: Got Meat?

Yes. Yes I do have meat. And so does this shirt.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

sTyLeS

Re: Skeeta Meat!

You'll need to resub this on a shirt template in the comp image