+ Add a Comment

mopete27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mopete27
BootsBoots wrote:Heh! I was thinking unicorn meat would look kind of like tuna, but puffier and shinier.

this is hilarious everytime i look at it. in for 1

markhollenbeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markhollenbeck
trekmiss wrote:After a quick glance where I saw a random tusk instead of a mouth really threw me off. Now I can't unsee the tusk. Cool shirt, though. Very cute idea.

If the smile was below the bottom of the "T" it would look like a nose and mouth possibly. But what do I know. I really like the artwork and the idea.

otherwise known as dottarts

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
lkackman wrote:ITS GOING TO BE A BLOODY THANKSGIVING! Great work Mr.W

How long did it take you to do the feather textures? I know you had started this prior to the derby and was just curious.

I was thinking the same thing.

S3th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages S3th
sTyLeS wrote:Just a comment/suggestion. I think your thumbnail could really benefit from a different image. It's hard to make anything out in the current one. Maybe zoom out a little bit and show the whole planet, or get some of the fork in there. Something like that to give the prospective voter a little more to go on.

I personally click on every single entry because I don't want to miss out on any hidden gems. But I know there are probably several people that just skim over the thumbnails and only click on the ones that look slightly interesting to them.

It's something I struggle with every week too...trying to figure out what image to use for the thumbnail. Not always easy.
Good luck.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Here's what happened:
I was trying to think of an idea last night, then I thought of that. I'm awful at executing ideas, as you can see. By the time I got to the thumbnail, I had already seen the ones that are doing well, and I know I don't really have a chance. So I was kind of just way over it by that time, so I opened the design file and didn't resize it at all, I just threw it on.

Long story short; I'm pathetic.

www.wewwl.com

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Nice to meat you!

Nice to MEAT you!!!!

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: food is murder!

meat carrot! take that, vegetarians.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

I wish I could have my own bag of tricks like you! Wonderful! +1

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
S3th wrote:Yeah, I see what you're saying. Here's what happened:
I was trying to think of an idea last night, then I thought of that. I'm awful at executing ideas, as you can see. By the time I got to the thumbnail, I had already seen the ones that are doing well, and I know I don't really have a chance. So I was kind of just way over it by that time, so I opened the design file and didn't resize it at all, I just threw it on.

Long story short; I'm pathetic.

Well, every week I know I don't stand a chance either. I go in with high hopes thinking "this might be the one", but then soon realize I was just kidding myself.

Although, I do enjoy sketching the pics in the first place. And I'm having fun learning to use my new graphics tablet. So, in the end, it's still worth it.

midgerock

Re: It's Mystery Meat My Dear Watson

I really like this! with or without the Sherlock Holmes context! +1

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: food is murder!

unless youre a vegetarian. in that case, this shirt is about forcing meat-eaters to confront their own meat-eating habits. vote for my shirt.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: This is not bacon (resub)

Part deux. Sorry for the incorrect French on the first one. Here's the resub with the correct French for, "This is not bacon". Silly Canadians

Please revote!!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: This is not bacon.

Thanks for the votes guys. I just resubbed it with correct French and will be taking this one down shortly. Please revote

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
sTyLeS wrote:Sure. He's gonna try and see what happens. If it's not rejected, then good for him. But if it is rejected, then there really isn't any reason to cry foul though.
Instead of constantly trying to skirt rules, it might be better to simply come up with something more original and with your own style instead of borrowing a style.

I agree with your first point... the entire reason I went ahead with the design was because

1.) there are no characters involved with the design.
2.) I hand drew the scene
3.) I want to see where woot stands...

as for your second point sTyLeS... please stop riding my back, you've been on me for 2 weeks now and dang I'm getting tired... Shirts like this exist, and they sell, and they get votes, whether you like it or not... That's the sad truth.

I agree that in the past (including last week) I've been a whiny baby when it comes to rejection and pointed fingers at everyone but myself, and now that I've come to terms with that please let me be.

In the meantime I will probably continue to skirt the line due to the type of content I like to draw and the Ideas that my head comes up with. And in return I'm sure I will continue to get rejected from time to time... I'm just trying to determine where exactly that line lies... One thing I have to say is that MOST of the time I try to at least stay original with my parody shirts, so please stop riding me and let me enjoy designing,

I dont jump on you for copying Chik-N-Fila...

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

nice

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

Ok, I just took a closer look at the text. This. Is. HILARIOUS!!! FTW! +1!

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: An Honest Meal

I enjoy pork.

Leahbh

Re: Turducken

that's pretty awesome. I also think it doesn't need the definition, but it's still great

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Feel The Burn

I didn't even know what anyone meant by 'tusk' at first, but I can kinda see it now too. I was just using a simple shape for the mouth because it was sitting on the t-bone and giving it any 3d-ness seemed to contradict that.

I'll take a look at what I can improve and put up a resub later! Thanks for your honest thoughts. ^__^

midgerock

Re: The Catch

this one came out zombtastic! well done! love the classic feel of this scene and just the line work being ink! +1

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
walmazan wrote:Nice to MEAT you!!!!

Stop, your making to many good design each week... it's so hard to choose. GREAT IDEA!!!

I think I would be more inclined to purchase this over the turkey, but that's just me.

thinksharp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinksharp

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/unicorn-meat.shtml

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/e58a/

http://brainyfarmwife.blogspot.com

sTyLeS

graffd02 wrote:
I dont jump on you for copying Chik-N-Fila...

I think you just did.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

When I first looked at this, the first thing that caught my eye was "a tiny bit of poop" then I just had too much fun letting my eyes roam around to see what else there was to find, haha. Very nice! Really like the texture on the hot dog too.

carmelpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelpixie
Re: Plenty of Meat

It's a horn of plenty..... of meat! Bwa ha ha ha!

Six colors on red!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
sTyLeS wrote:I think you just did.

*wink*

Leahbh

lkackman wrote:This is so good, but the heather gray is a shirt killer at woot.

I would so resub this on a secondary color. I would wager you would get more votes.

I happen to love the heather gray shirts. I wish more people used it. I don't know why people are so against it here.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: F.Y.I.

I really like the vibe I get from this shirt - feels like a 'vintage' shirt with the colors and text. zombtastic work, Boots. GMV.

bbbrob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbbrob

I'm aware that there some wierd things on the comp (like parts of the bacon coloring getting cut off), but those shouldn't appear in the actual shirt.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

HAHA, I love how everyone's always smiling in your designs, regardless of their horrible situation.

sTyLeS

graffd02 wrote:*wink*

Well, I'm certainly not going to argue at all over the differences...if that's what you wanted me to do. So, it is what it is.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
Spiritgreen wrote:I didn't even know what anyone meant by 'tusk' at first, but I can kinda see it now too. I was just using a simple shape for the mouth because it was sitting on the t-bone and giving it any 3d-ness seemed to contradict that.

I'll take a look at what I can improve and put up a resub later! Thanks for your honest thoughts. ^__^

I love it -- the T-bone looks like a nose maybe the 'mouth' could be below that.Or make the T-bone a tad shorter

markhollenbeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markhollenbeck
sTyLeS wrote:I'm not sure what color it's currently on, but you'll probably need to resub it on an official woot shirt color.

It is 532 Navy. I'm not sure why it doesn't look right, but I checked it again and it is right.

otherwise known as dottarts

carmelpixie

I luv the happy grill and the look on the steaks face. Wonderful!

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
markhollenbeck wrote:If the smile was below the bottom of the "T" it would look like a nose and mouth possibly. But what do I know. I really like the artwork and the idea.

Sorry I didn't see your post - guess we both had the same idea

carmelpixie

Re: It's Mystery Meat My Dear Watson

I luv this! I was hoping someone would do a good mystery meat design but this exceeds my expectations. :D

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: burned at the steak

I think you did a great job! +1

carmelpixie

Re: An Honest Meal

I also agree that this is wonderful in it's simplicity. Great design!

sTyLeS

Ha. I like the steak's belly button.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart

Dude! THis is sweet! Too bad grilling season is coming to a close in the cold north....

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
tjost wrote:Part deux. Sorry for the incorrect French on the first one. Here's the resub with the correct French for, "This is not bacon". Silly Canadians

Please revote!!

Canadians and french Canadians are a MUCH different breed... If I ever got offended, this would be the thing to do it.