Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
bpothier wrote:This would be good to wear to VooDoo Doughnut in Portland, OR

I've never heard of VooDoo Doughnut before, but this is amazing. Checked out their site. I've got friends in Portland, so next time I visit, we are SO checking this place out.

Thanks for sharing! :D

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 64 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

some think this is a Rembrandt, I tell you it's a VanDough, look at the ears.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

Sephirage

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Sephirage

They must not have many criminals in Gingerbread Land as the cost of punishing them is $2.99 a gallon.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
sparrowhawk69 wrote:some think this is a Rembrandt, I tell you it's a VanDough, look at the ears.

*instant rimshot*

bdsisme

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bdsisme

The dude on the right is casting shadows on both sides of his body ... woah

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

It's hard to believe now in an age of 3D imaging, but before this time it was believed that ginger bread men were completely flat.

anonymousblack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anonymousblack

All the gingerbread men on the left look like they are Eskimos

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal

There's a subtle undertone to this shirt. It's not at all what we think it's about. There are nine individuals. Cats have nine lives. There's milk involved and cats like milk. The one on the table is obviously not feline well.

This has something to do with cats.

NichCola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NichCola

At first I thought they were pilgrim gingerbread men and I was weirded it out because I couldn't figure out what the connection was to Thanksgiving.

bdsisme

Vinicius Carvas: do they have cannibalistic gingerbread men in Rio de Janeiro?

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 20 Private Messages tazfreeatlast

This shirt is sweet!

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

"Dr. Tulp - you're a monster!"

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

mesmerelda

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mesmerelda

somehow, this just ruined christmas for me. thanks woot!

bdsisme

tazfreeatlast wrote:This shirt is sweet!

ISWYDT

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

I just wanted to know - the Gingerbread Man predates Rembrandt:

Gingerbread man

BetterThanTheRest

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BetterThanTheRest

this is very disturbing... especially since they're starting with the crotch...

Odds are, I probably already bought today's Shirt Woot... hahaha. I <3 Threadless :D If you need discounts for TL, just PM me! I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THREADLESS, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, I DO NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT THEM. I JUST LIKE GOOD LOOKING DESIGNER SHIRTS AND I LIKE PAYING GOOD PRICES !!!

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
NightGhost wrote:I just wanted to know - the Gingerbread Man predates Rembrandt

So that's why they hung him - he was a pre-dator!

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

sorraffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sorraffy

Why are they smiling? It's obvious! You always smile when you have your picture taken ....

(unless you're either dead or mister cool on the far left "I don't want to look at the camera much less smile for it!")

the real question should be, why are none of the gingerbreads giving any of the other gingerbreads bunny ears?

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

"Sadly, this experimentation on it's own kind plagued several species. This was a dark time to be The Gingerbread Man, The Muffin Man, and also the lesser known (but still relevant) PopTart Man.

Chaosegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chaosegg

I am confused and sickened when I look at this shirt (plus what it is based on)... and I can't help but wonder "why was the shirt printed?"

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

why are they... the milks it's... but why are they... oh, my! That incredulous!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen

An inspired parody of Rembrandt's painting that also comments on the Dutch master's fear of gingerbread or being doused in milk. This works on so many levels.

Bravo!

substandardtim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages substandardtim

creepiest woot shirt ever?

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm
bpothier wrote:This would be good to wear to VooDoo Doughnut in Portland, OR

I just went on a trip to Portland and my host was insistent that we go there. We went on a Friday night and the line was huge. We're standing there with business men and hobos, meanwhile street kids are working the line for loose change. Police officers came and attempted (unsuccessfully) to chase off the kids, but they got into a see-who-could-intimidate-the-other-more-by-taking-cell-phone-pics contest. After at least an hour in line, we finally got in the door. But once inside, you're still 15 minutes away from the counter. Got to the counter, ordered 1 donut each, handed over the cash, and were out the door in nothing flat.

Definitely an interesting place. Lots of interesting (some sexually suggestive) donuts, good flavors, good prices, and plenty of vegan options.

merzzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merzzie

I was also confused, thanks for the Rembrandt post! Now I want to get this for my friend who graduated with a BFA and teaches art- he'd get it, right?

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

Not bad, I like the originality of the design! Although, how many Pilgrims took anatomy? Hehe... That one on the right looks overtly happy, though. Makes me wonder about the lives of the Gingerbread folk. I hear they're pretty flexible with today's standards, morals and diets. Ginger is coming back!

***Thanks for that reminder, I knew there was a familiarity with this one... Phew, thought it was a past life, but it was just a past painting. w00t!

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Paigeg is bored with cutesy takes on classic art.

emberisle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emberisle

I hate to be a h8r, but I can't get past it looking like they are titilated by pouring icing on his crotch. I know it's milk, but it looks like icing, to me...and Rembrandt's instructor was pointing out the anatomy of the left arm, not the groin!

Awesome idea, tho. Congratulations on the print

cashland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cashland
bdsisme wrote:Vinicius Carvas: do they have cannibalistic gingerbread men in Rio de Janeiro?

don't tell to anyone, but i'm.

Radien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien
Bandrik wrote:I've never heard of VooDoo Doughnut before, but this is amazing. Checked out their site. I've got friends in Portland, so next time I visit, we are SO checking this place out.

Thanks for sharing! :D

Voodoo Doughnuts now has a shop in Eugene, Oregon, too. Might not make much difference, but I figured I'd mention it since lots of people around here were looking forward to its opening.

And as for the gingerbread topic, they have a signature doughnut in the shape of a voodoo doll with a pretzel shoved into its chest. X-eyes and all. That's why this shirt may remind one of Voodoo Doughnuts.

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
bdsisme wrote:The dude on the right is casting shadows on both sides of his body ... woah

Beware the Vashta Nerada, "the Shadows that melt the flesh"!

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

Zarfus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zarfus

Not gonna lie, all I see is a gingerbread body shot

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Classy idea and it's really cool to see a derby shirt make it as a daily BUT... the smiles on the gingerbread are unnecessarily creepy.

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

Alright, I admit I didn't "get" this at first, but I like it anyway. Would make a good conversation starter.

jtbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbradford

I guess the reference might be clear for art lovers, but I would think a lot of people are going to miss it and wonder PWND! is going on here. And yeah, those smiles are really creepy. I do like the design, but I don't think I'd wear this.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
shichi wrote:Ewww gingerbread gangbang

rofl

It didn't need to be said, but that was worth stopping by for.
Definitely not in for this one.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

enzo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages enzo01

I think since the original artwork is unknown to a vast majority of people, the parody should have more closely matched it. Mainly the expressions, and perhaps have the teacher holding a gum drop in some forceps or something.

If you don't know the original artwork this probably looks something like a group of necrophiliac gingerbread men with a milk fetish.

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee

I still don't get what's going on.. Is that milk/cream being poured?

Congrats on the print though. I thought Woot didn't print Derby entries but I guess they changed their policy.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
fftkrazee wrote:I still don't get what's going on.. Is that milk/cream being poured?

Congrats on the print though. I thought Woot didn't print Derby entries but I guess they changed their policy.

Yeah, I really don't get what the whole "pouring milk on the crotch" is supposed to be representing, but they sure are happy to be doing so.

Bboydrewtacular

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bboydrewtacular
jmmbell1987 wrote:By having helped just one soul, my work here is done.

I'm tryin' Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

Nice Pulp Fiction reference...