mollycpf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollycpf
bluejester wrote:This shirt seems to be a test of whether you are a pessimist or optimist.

Pessimists seem to see a cold, unhappy (or dead) turtle.

Optimists see a happy, cozy turtle.

I must be an optimist! Like he's got a little heater under that shell and he's just melting (in a good way)!

billchase2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billchase2

Awesome, got one just in time! My girlfriend was waiting for this to be available. Great shirt!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Bouncing button!

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost
fleamarketadict wrote:So you voted, but did you buy? That's the true test.

Yes I did buy it. I'd better get a sticker in my shirt bag Woot!!

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

Pretty bizarre comment thread. The commentariat here is clearly out of touch with the actual customers, who are about to make...oops, just made...the shirt sell out.

The write-up sounds like an acknowledgement of the typical negative "bash ramyb" comment thread. Must be awful to see someone whose artwork you hate have 3 shirts in the top 10. Or something. Not sure what that's all about.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

jerberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry
eco2geek wrote:Pretty bizarre comment thread. The commentariat here is clearly out of touch with the actual customers, who are about to make...oops, just made...the shirt sell out.

The write-up sounds like an acknowledgement of the typical negative "bash ramyb" comment thread. Must be awful to see someone whose artwork you hate have 3 shirts in the top 10. Or something. Not sure what that's all about.

Precisely- I think woot is onto something... people love an underdog. Even if that's really not what Ramy is, now is he? Silly rabbits. lol... honestly, I like his work. But I usually like others better. We all just need to keep on voting and buying!

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Second place sold out, and first place didn't... That shows you how popular ramyb is, I guess.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
Assassin15 wrote:Second place sold out, and first place didn't... That shows you how popular ramyb is, I guess.

Well the two shirts were only 10 total votes apart, and the first place shirt has sold 2876 vs. the 3000 this shirt sold.

Although, I guess that argument does hold some water because this shirt would have sold more than 3000 if they were available, and the first place shirt has had an extra day to get more sales.

But, I'd say, this shows previous wooters do have somewhat of a bias towards Ramy, but woot buyers like his designs, so he got more first time buyers/visitors to buy his design.

I've only been around here for a couple weeks, but I don't see what the dislike for Ramy is all about. His designs aren't that bad, and clearly, people buy/like them. Maybe I'm missing something though.

ebender1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ebender1
deathteddy wrote:This is so incredibly adorably sweet it makes my teeth hurt.

only if one is too dumb to know that turtles and winter don't mix...

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
eco2geek wrote:Pretty bizarre comment thread. The commentariat here is clearly out of touch with the actual customers, who are about to make...oops, just made...the shirt sell out.

While I'm sure you're right, in that some of the negative posts were made by "ramyb haters," I'd like to point out that I posted one of the early critical comments, and I have nothing against the artist. In fact, I make it a point to decide whether I like a shirt before I read who the artist is (although sometimes the style does give that away).

I think a lot of the critical posts today more or less agree with what I wrote - that the turtle simply doesn't look warm and cozy, but rather uncomfortable, pissed, or even dying.

I don't care if he doesn't look like a real turtle - he's supposed to be a cartoon turtle. But contrast him with the turtles in "School" (link on item page), whose expressions perfectly match what they represent. Those turtles are even less realistic, but the teacher looks learned, and the students look naive.

Clearly, a lot of folks like this shirt, or it wouldn't have sold out. That's what "makes the world go 'round" - some folks like pro wrestling and some don't too.

I personally don't care for a shirt that sends such an unclear message. But that's my opinion, and I was only expressing it, as were many others. Please don't paint us all with the same brush.

eco2geek

renegadetim wrote:I've only been around here for a couple weeks, but I don't see what the dislike for Ramy is all about. His designs aren't that bad, and clearly, people buy/like them. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Part of it is definitely the ramyb/sekiyoku connection, and the whole "sekiyoku plagiarizes" drama. (Although that hasn't kept shirt.woot from continuing to sell sekiyoku's top-ten "The Imposter" tee.)

Happy wooting!

eco2geek

NightGhost wrote:Please don't paint us all with the same brush.

May it be known that any negative generalizations I may make or have made in the past about shirt.woot commenters exclude NightGhost. The positive ones, of course, apply. Please give him another "quality post" point for the possible besmirchment of his reputation.

The thing about generalizations is, they don't apply to everyone.

(Point being, the individual derby entries feature comment threads. Take the time to read three or four of the ones attached to ramyb entires, and compare them to others, especially to those of other top artists. In comparison, the ramyb threads are full of barbs and negativity. Which I think is what the write-up was riffing on and what set the tone for the conversation.)

NightGhost

eco2geek wrote:May it be known that any negative generalizations I may make or have made in the past about shirt.woot commenters exclude NightGhost. The positive ones, of course, apply. Please give him another "quality post" point for the possible besmirchment of his reputation.

The thing about generalizations is, they don't apply to everyone.

(Point being, the individual derby entries feature comment threads. Take the time to read three or four of the ones attached to ramyb entires, and compare them to others, especially to those of other top artists. In comparison, the ramyb threads are full of barbs and negativity. Which I think is what the write-up was riffing on and what set the tone for the conversation.)

Okay - maybe I deserved that. But I wasn't trying to protect my reputation, and I did begin my post with "While I'm sure you're right."

I'm just saying that a lot of posts (but not all) sounded similar to mine, so I honestly feel they were meant as legitimate criticisms of the design, and not just mudslinging from the haters.

ajsweedl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajsweedl

This shirt design is awesome. RAMYB, you are very talented. I look forward to your designs every week.
aj

eco2geek

NightGhost wrote:Okay - maybe I deserved that. But I wasn't trying to protect my reputation, and I did begin my post with "While I'm sure you're right."

I'm just saying that a lot of posts (but not all) sounded similar to mine, so I honestly feel they were meant as legitimate criticisms of the design, and not just mudslinging from the haters.

I didn't mean to offend you or imply that you were a "hater." Sorry about that. You have a point.

OTOH, see if you agree with me about ramyb derby threads, if you have the time or inclination. "Reality checks" are usually good things (there I go, generalizing again ). There's got to be a way to accurately describe this phenomenon.

NightGhost

eco2geek wrote:I didn't mean to offend you or imply that you were a "hater." Sorry about that. You have a point.

OTOH, see if you agree with me about ramyb derby threads, if you have the time or inclination. "Reality checks" are usually good things (there I go, generalizing again ). There's got to be a way to accurately describe this phenomenon.

No worries - you never offended me.

And I do agree - again, that's what I meant by "While I'm sure you're right."

As to why the haters hate, I just can't get passionate enough about it to bother with, so long as it's just words and no one's getting hurt (and ramyb's sales sure aren't).

mrktshop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrktshop

Watching the food network at 11:30pm central and they are cooking a turkey. The guy on there is totally wearing the "eat more meat" green vegtable shirt from woot t-shirt. cool. My son actually saw it first because I bought that shirt from him. My daughter is a vegetarian and they give each other crap all the time.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
mrktshop wrote:Watching the food network at 11:30pm central and they are cooking a turkey. The guy on there is totally wearing the "eat more meat" green vegtable shirt from woot t-shirt. cool. My son actually saw it first because I bought that shirt from him. My daughter is a vegetarian and they give each other crap all the time.

I saw that too! It was broadcast earlier and I totally stopped dinner conversation to point out that the dude on t.v. was wearing a woot shirt!

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee

Did anyone else notice that Seki's "Imposter" is linked under the artist profile. That's kind of cute..

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
fftkrazee wrote:Did anyone else notice that Seki's "Imposter" is linked under the artist profile. That's kind of cute..

You are the first person ever to point that out. Ever.

itinalouise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itinalouise
bluejester wrote:This shirt seems to be a test of whether you are a pessimist or optimist.

Pessimists seem to see a cold, unhappy (or dead) turtle.

Optomists see a happy, cozy turtle.

I love this answer
I definitely am an optimist and saw the turtle as cute, warm and cozy and just HAD to buy it! It's adorable.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
fftkrazee wrote:Did anyone else notice that Seki's "Imposter" is linked under the artist profile. That's kind of cute..

It is well known that one was a collaboration, and this is brought up several times every time he prints.

ohnomoma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohnomoma

bought this and it is the first xmasy shirt i have ever willingly paid money for. (i hate the holiday) love it love it love it

RogueDarkJedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RogueDarkJedi

ZOMG! YES. WANT. BOUGHT. GO. TIME. WAIT. LONG SHIPPING. TURTLES. LIEK. WANT. WOOT. YAY!

Thank you Woot for making an amazing shirt.

myownsatellite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myownsatellite

When I saw this shirt I *squee*d, and my fiance immediately bought it for me :D *loves her turtle shirt*

LaDukePhoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LaDukePhoto

I ordered on the 13th and still no shirt, what gives? I'd like to wear it before Christmas...
Has anyone else gotten theirs?

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

While I disagree with the title of the shirt (seems misnamed), my boyfriend loves turtles and now loves this shirt too. It arrived in Toronto last week and he was so excited he showed it to me as soon as he could.

If I can get a screen shot of him wearing it I'll post here for those who want to see how it printed.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

vitaligo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vitaligo

What the hell? I ordered this shirt over a week ago, and it hasn't arrived. The tracking number Woot sent me doesn't appear in the FedEx or USPS tracking service. Feel like I got ripped off - should change the name of the site from Woot.com to Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)com

treeml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treeml

I ordered on the November 30th and still no shirt. Received the tracking number on the 6th, but it says "not found". What gives?

divaatheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divaatheart

I ordered mine on the 30th, according to my account. No shirt, and the tracking number says "not found." Oh, Woot gods, why hast thou forsaken me?

Ley22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ley22

I'm really glad i'm not the only one... got the tracking number a while ago and fedex says it does not exist yet... has anyone e-mailed woot yet?

AnotherFangirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnotherFangirl

I have the same problem, but I ordered Imposter at the same time and already got it. Got both shipping confirmations at the same time. That one's tracking number worked the whole time. I had hoped they were actually together. =(

(Also, to those arguing above, I had no idea who the artists were I just think they are both very cute.

divaatheart

I e-mailed Woot. They had to print more. They're supposed to be shipped Monday. Problem is I'm leaving on Thursday to visit my family. They will not change the address, and I won't be here to receive it, meaning my mom isn't getting part of her Christmas present. This is unbelievable. I've never had a problem with Woot, but their unwillingness to communicate with anyone, knowing people have travel plans, is unacceptable to me.

lstarling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lstarling

Paid the extra $5 for overnight shipping on 12/3...10 days later and still waiting...guess the turtle should have tipped me off.

vitaligo

Woot caroling sucks. I caroling ordered this shirt 2 weeks ago for my wife, and it still hasn't caroling shipped! What the carol, Woot? You guys suck. Thanks for taking my money and not delivering.

vitaligo

BTW, Woot's changing the "F Word" in my previous post to "caroling". Bottom line - I'm getting ripped off.

vitaligo

And yes, I did e-mail Woot about this. Got the most ridiculous blow off e-mail response that just said it will be shipped "at the earliest next week". Which tells me nothing.

divaatheart

Yeah, the first e-mail was "We had to print more. It should begin shipping Monday." (This was Friday).

Then it was "We can't change the address because it's already been processed."

Then it was "We won't cancel or refund because it's been processed. We make no guarantees on delivery for the free shipping. In the future, if you need it by a specific date, pay the $5."

Well, since I ordered it a MONTH BEFORE CHRISTMAS it shouldn't have been an issue. It's YOUR fault that you didn't ship it until now at least two weeks after I bought it. Not mine.

toycardriver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages toycardriver

I finally got an update on my tracking number. Now let's see how long it takes to go from Carrollton to Hurst TX.