a75952

quality posts: 8 Private Messages a75952
whatsamattaU wrote:I didn't hear the accents, but your comment reminds me of an old New Yorker cartoon for the holiday season. What did the schizophrenic Christmas choir sing? "Do You Hear What I Hear?". Thanks, everybody, I'm here all week....

now thats just prejudice against schizophrenics..

southpaw3687

quality posts: 1 Private Messages southpaw3687

Good Thymes. :-)

jones3aj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones3aj

Drew drew this one! Hi, Drew!

I love it!

-Katie Z's (Kalamazoo College) Husband

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

Apropos of spices, this seems like a good time to ask the Old Spice Man for advice. The question:

"We love eating various Asian spices in our meals at home. How can my man enjoy it while still smelling like an Old Spice Man - and not a Cumin Spice Man?"

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

mjemjaymj

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mjemjaymj
piyaoyas wrote:The other seasonings are best dried, while garlic is best when fresh.

Are you high? They're ALL better fresh. Much, much better.

It's just that dried versions are just much more familiar since most people buy them because they keep for way longer. Most people don't want to buy a whole bunch of fresh rosemary sprigs, for instance, because it might get used for a single meal and then 90% of it will just get thrown out eventually. Whereas garlic can be bought as a single head pretty much anywhere.

Which I suppose is actually quite a valid reason to buy them that way, but to say that they are BEST when dried physically made me cringe, and I'm disappointed in Woot that things went on so long without a single reply to this bizarre claim. Not by a longshot are they at their best when dried though - it is merely a practical matter that they even exist in such a form.

Yes, the idea was shamelessly stolen, but it's brilliant and the only way it fits well

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
a75952 wrote:now thats just prejudice against schizophrenics..

Tongue in cheek at this hour, I have willingly taken care of people with schizophrenia, so I took carte blanche when I shouldn't have? Did I misread your intent? It's hard to tell when it's only written.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

As a member of PETS (People for the Ethical Treatment of Seasonings), I must vehemently protest the unequal treatment of the spices on this shirt! Sure, the garlic gets to run free, but the others are kept as indentured servants within the walls of their polypropylene prisons. That is discrimination, pure and simple. Oh, the shame!

killroy108

quality posts: 3 Private Messages killroy108

I think this would make an awesome greeting card, but a very poor shirt.

beccaness

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness

Add a pinch of pun, a dash of flavor, and you've got yourself a tasty shirt.

My cat freaks out when he smells oregano. It's better than cat nip to him. Spaghetti night is always fun here.

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

beccaness

NightGhost wrote:As a member of PETS (People for the Ethical Treatment of Seasonings), I must vehemently protest the unequal treatment of the spices on this shirt! Sure, the garlic gets to run free, but the others are kept as indentured servants within the walls of their polypropylene prisons. That is discrimination, pure and simple. Oh, the shame!

You forgot "card-carrying." hahahaha

tcanning

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcanning
kgvect wrote:Heh this is just like that old far side comic.

Except the Far Side version was better executed....and published about 20 years ago. I know this because it's on the mug I'm drinking out of right now.

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

Don't like the garlic.. he seems out of place. Maybe a shaker filled with Thyme or something instead. Maybe call it "Seasonings Greetings".

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

terrible, just terrible. Very funny. This should win a "middle aged father PUNishment award"

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
a75952 wrote:now thats just prejudice against schizophrenics..

Or it could be an educational PSA on the condition of schizophrenics...
Choir - "Do you hear what I hear..."
Christopher Walken - "Check with your friends and family, If they don't, then you should seek help"
Choir - "A star, a star, screaming in the night, feeling my head with fright"
Christopher Walken - "No, the star is not screaming, the chemicals in your brain are causing a misfiring of receptors and making you feel as though unreal events are actually transpiring..."
... And it goes on, with a help number at the end and everything.

battra92

quality posts: 4 Private Messages battra92

I think it should've been Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme for an extra little reference.

nutbarz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nutbarz
efooter wrote:Glad there's no clove. Clove is the worst. You can taste it in the Pumpkin Pie, and sometimes in your beer. Nasty stuff!

I remember a few years ago someone brought back the gum that was called Cloves. Another one was Blackjack. But Cloves gum made my mouth go numb

beccaness

benjaminleebates wrote:Or it could be an educational PSA on the condition of schizophrenics...
Choir - "Do you hear what I hear..."
Christopher Walken - "Check with your friends and family, If they don't, then you should seek help"
Choir - "A star, a star, screaming in the night, feeling my head with fright"
Christopher Walken - "No, the star is not screaming, the chemicals in your brain are causing a misfiring of receptors and making you feel as though unreal events are actually transpiring..."
... And it goes on, with a help number at the end and everything.

hehehehe this reminds me of psychology class my senior year in high school. We had an assignment to get in groups and come up with Christmas carols relating to mental illnesses. The Schizo one "Do You Hear What I Hear" that they did was priceless!! My group had Dementia and we did "Walking in a Winter Wonderland"
Said something like " I really don't know, How I got here, Walking in a winter wonderland. I walk around, with a blank stare..." as opposed to "A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, Walking in a winter wonderland. Gone away, is the bluebird" lolololol man that was a miserably sad but funny class period.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart

Woo hoo! a print!

My dad really loves this joke! Thanks pop!

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Puns: The gifts that keep on giving.

(Because you'll probably have to explain them over and over.)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Awesome work, Drew! Congrats on the print.

I love the style and it's a great slow burn joke.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

This is a Christmas shirt. Huh.

jwinogra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwinogra

This is pretty much the most hilarious holiday shirt ever. I can't wait to wear it!!

rnkoneil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnkoneil
bluejester wrote:No salt? What would Alton Brown say!

He'd say that seasoning your food is different than salting it.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Somehow I knew I'd be a-salted by puns here...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

It's probably the talking inanimate objects, but this shirt reminds me of this comic.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

There are very few holiday shirts that I'd wear, but this is totally one of them. I like.

UncleFroG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UncleFroG

Can't pass this one up. Great shirt for the holidays.

12 Bags of Crap and counting!

dosquatch

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dosquatch
NightGhost wrote:Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
Basil, oregano, garlic and rosemary...

I'll have to get back to you on that. Might be able to do something with the "rosemary."

My first thought - you beat me to it!

GoToonces

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GoToonces

Am I the only one that always imagines Basil with a British accent? And maybe a bit of an attitude?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Shouldn't it be "Seasons' Greetings", Woot?

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

sehirs83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehirs83

This design would be great on a holiday card.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Oh look another food related shirt, we haven't seen one of these lately. overcooked.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
january wrote:Does anyone, besides me, not get it? I feel so out of the loop.

No. Everyone else gets it. The pun is in the title of the shirt. They are seasonings, and they are greeting each other. Season's Greetings.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

Ugh, okay I'm not a fan of puns so I will not be picking one of these up.

That said, why choose a grey shirt background? It makes it look so... touristy. Like one of those designs you pick off a wall and have some gift shop iron onto a shirt. Either a little more color or a lighter background would help this look less plain.

Rhowdy17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rhowdy17
slaybelle wrote:best. shirt. ever.

Maybe it's the whiskey, but this is cracking me up!

agreed. I can't wait to explain this to my family as they scratch their heads!

Last 3 Woots:
  • 05/01/09 (1) Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI
  • 04/02/09 Single Wing Ed Hardy R/C Airplane
  • 10/30/08 (3) Kingston 4GB USB 2.0 Data Traveler Thumbdrive

jwinogra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwinogra
takethemeatbridge wrote:No. Everyone else gets it. The pun is in the title of the shirt. They are seasonings, and they are greeting each other. Season's Greetings.

my mom didn't get it either. but my dad laughed his butt off and then made his first woot purchase. go figure!

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975

As one not willing to pass up a chance at an obvious pun...

I was looking for a way to spice up my boring holidays!

nrwyldheaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nrwyldheaven

I just want to clear up a couple of misconceptions that I've seen here already.

First, these are all herbs not spices including garlic.

And although I agree that fresh herbs are usually preferable to dried, there are times when I like the dried versions better. For example, I like dried oregano for most things.

BTW, salt is a mineral but is considered a seasoning.

With that being said, I think this shirt design is awesome!

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975

I can hear Garlic saying:

Hello Ladies!

Look at yourself- now back at me!

Sadly, you're not me. But you could smell as fresh as me if you weren't inside those plastic bottles.

Look down.
Back up.

I'm in that recipe you would taste great in if only you were as fresh as me!

Swan dive! Into a great pot of marinara sauce!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

This design could have been a bit more apropos if the inGREETients included nutmeg, ginger, sage.... My house typically smells like evergreen around holidays however but I don't suppose many people use that as a seasoning.
No, probably not many.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ