3%
79%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

cwhieldon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages cwhieldon

A collaboration between Alfred Hitchcock and Ridley Scott?

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Would this be considered "screampunk"?

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 64 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

time flies when you're having fun.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

moronbrigade

quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade
cwhieldon wrote:A collaboration between Alfred Hitchcock and Ridley Scott?

I now have enough motivation to move on with my life because of this awesome shirt. *watches A clockwork Orange*

Seize the Opportunity.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson

Where does the time van Gogh?

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik

I love clocks, and I love crows. But sadly I just have too many woot shirts to be able to pick this one up tonight. Otherwise I would have been very tempted. Congrats, it looks very nice. :D

r0ksana

quality posts: 8 Private Messages r0ksana

I love this design. It's wild, dramatic, and nuts!

Cog.

Ansemx2

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Ansemx2

Noooooooo! Equinox should have been up here.

Not that I don't like this design, I was just really hoping for Equinox

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

first thing I thought of when I saw that shirt was "Gun Run", a game on miniclip. *Goes off to play gun run*

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

This shirt is cuckoo!

CrazyCanuck5312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrazyCanuck5312

Good looking shirt :D

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge

Finally a crow that isn't susceptible to west nile!

ekio

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ekio

I fear time is running out for that crow.

Grats on the print.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

It would hurt to get hit by those bird droppings.

amberleighd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amberleighd

AHMAHGAWD I LOVE IT.

My excitement has no words.

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
chrisprender wrote:Would this be considered "screampunk"?

If you really want to stretch it, it could be, since it relies on clockwork and not electricity. But personally, I don't think I would.

Of course, give the crow a top hat and/or a monocle, and we have ourselves a deal.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Oh nice, I liked this one as well, it's very stylish. Awesome job littleclyde.

I can't wait to see the ECs.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

This was a damn close derby. Only 90 votes separated 2nd place from 10th!

moronbrigade

At first I had birds attacking me, now they are machines? Man Skynet is really getting desperate.

Seize the Opportunity.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

I love all things clockwork!

sparrowhawk69

birds of a feather clock together

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox

Absolutely thrilled that this printed. I've been hoping to get one of these since it was in the derby. Brilliant work!

sparrowhawk69

at least there's not a bunch of crows; that would be murder.

wmerwi

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wmerwi

I hope littleclyde is COGnizant of the fact that a Woot Shirt design is a CROWning achievement and he is now GEARed up for greatness.

geeq

quality posts: 2 Private Messages geeq

Was considering buying based solely on the artists "hometown"... but I think it's like cake

Sephirage

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Sephirage

Anyone know what's the difference between a crow and a raven? I don't know why I'm asking this, but this shirt made me curious.

brb, google.

ms118

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ms118

Win! I was hoping this one went up, love the design :D

ronzalone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone

Glad to see this print after it missed out in its original derby. Congrats!

Strange though that third place only had 500 votes. It seems there have been a lot less voters lately. Top 3 shirts usually had well over 800 votes each, even into the 1000s.

tortamus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tortamus

Yo Clockwork Crow, you're a nice design, and imma let you finish, but Duck and Cover is one of the best shirts of all time. OF ALL TIME

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Sephirage wrote:Anyone know what's the difference between a crow and a raven? I don't know why I'm asking this, but this shirt made me curious.

brb, google.

Many people use the terms 'raven' and 'crow' interchangeably, but they are actually quite different. Technically, since ravens belong to the crow (corvus) family of birds, they can be called crows - but not all crows are ravens. The two differ in a variety of ways.

Size
First, and most noticeably, ravens are larger than crows. They are (on average) about the size of a hawk, where crows are approximately the size of a pigeon.

Call
If you're familiar with the call which crows make, you'd probably recognize the raven's call as being different. Crows have a more nasal, higher pitched call, where a raven's call is lower, and hoarser... almost a croaking sound. I've frequently been approached by people saying "I heard this really funny-sounding crow the other day..." and when I ask "Was it a really big crow?" the answer has almost invariably been yes. In which case, chances are pretty good that it wasn't a crow at all, but a raven.
If you want to hear the difference for yourself, click here for a raven's call and crow's call.

Tail feathers
Crows have a very fan-shaped tail, where raven's tails have more of a wedge-shape to them. This isn't very easy to tell if the bird is sitting on the ground, but when flying overhead, you can often get a good look at the shape of the tail.

Feather shape
Ravens' feathers are also a slightly different shape than crows' feathers. Crow feathers tend to be more rounded at the tip, while ravens have feathers which are slightly pointed. This is most noticeable on the breast feathers, especially when the bird fluffs itself up. The feathers on the crow's breast lie comfortably against eachother and provide a nice, even, rounded covering. The feathers on a raven lie a little more jaggedly, and when a raven fluffs up, its breast tends to look ragged. In fact, when a raven really fluffs up and all its feathers look like they're standing on end, the raven appears to have a short fluffy mane (called a 'ruff').

Habitat
Ravens and crows can often be found living side by side in the same areas, but where there's a choice, Ravens prefer wilder areas while crows will live quite close to cities. The bigger the city, the less likely ravens will make it their home -- and when they do, they tend to live in or near parks and natural spaces. Crows, on the other hand, are more likely to live near buildings, and will venture farther into human developments to compete for food.

There are more differences between crows and ravens, including their social habits and life span (ravens live longer), but these are the key points. They should help you determine whether the bird you're looking at is a raven or just a very large crow.

Sephirage

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Sephirage
wootvan wrote:Many people use the terms 'raven' and 'crow' interchangeably, but they are actually quite different.

Thanks, Goog-- wootvan.

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon

Q: How is a crow like a writing desk?
A:

Q: At Christmas, who brings presents and toys to all good little crow girls and boys?
A:

Q: How can you tell when a crow is insane?
A:

Haha, alright, I'll stop

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
cwhieldon wrote:A collaboration between Alfred Hitchcock and Ridley Scott?

You want Ridley Scott jokes? I got your Ridley Scott jokes:

-Ridley Scott thinks that Guiness Stout is a 'light' beer.

-Ridley Scott once thought that stumbled upon skinny one-eyed aliens hiding in a movie trailer until his assitant told him he had simply found lighting storage.

-A power failure on the set of one of Ridley Scott's films led to a black out and took over an hour before anyone noticed.

annahennlich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annahennlich
amberleighd wrote:AHMAHGAWD I LOVE IT.

My excitement has no words.

agreed.

moronbrigade

If this thing is clockwork, where do I turn the knob? o_O

Seize the Opportunity.

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

He's falling apart. He's crowken.

piyaoyas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piyaoyas
Sephirage wrote:Anyone know what's the difference between a crow and a raven? I don't know why I'm asking this, but this shirt made me curious.

brb, google.

About 2.6 years of consistent sales on shirt.woot...

jakjak08v2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jakjak08v2

Idn't this how skynet started?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congratulations littleclyde!

I had this down as a winner before the DT started, it'll make a great shirt. I have a couple of friends who'll be very pleased to hear it printed too. ^__^