futilityinname

quality posts: 0 Private Messages futilityinname
renegadetim wrote:Why so serious?

Really, everyone. This is parody, and is not the actual "character", if there even is a character. Just like the Cookie Monster in "The Binge". The witch in Wizard of oz had black and white stockings, the shoes were sparkly. This is the epitome of this derby, hence the win and sell out.

As far as the "trace" goes, REALLY? I mean, you are claiming this artist traced a photo of an actual Ding Dong. Yes I saw the photo.

Hmm, couldn't the artist use the exact same reference in real life by getting an actual Ding Dong? Considering the "trace" is of a picture of the exact object, not a mockup or edited version of an actual Ding Dong. I mean the actual Ding Dong being pictured is a better reference and exactly the same thing, no? Not like the artist couldn't go to a store and buy a ding dong, set it next to him/her and draw one... Maybe even take a picture of the one he/she just bought and use that as a reference...

This shirt sold out... Didn't get rejected, and there is no way Woot is going to cancel this shirt. There is honestly no legitimate argument that could claim copyrighting or trademark issues. It's gonna be here awhile, deal with it.

Finally... a voice of reason! =)

mxjx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mxjx

Didn't get around to checking out the entries in time to vote but I sure would've voted for this one. Of all the contenders it's the one that most fit the bill to me (and I don't see it as violating the rules). Only reason I'm not buying it (beside that it's sold out @tm) is that I don't need another woot.shirt that I think is so obvious that everyone should comment but no one does.

KimmieKinz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KimmieKinz

so wish I hadn't had to work all day so I could have gotten this for my sister! She loves ding dongs and is in love with witches... this would have been the perfect gift jolly work schedule!

airplangs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airplangs

If water melted the Wicked Witch of the West, I wonder what the "white creamy filling" did to this witch's complexion!

kbowman6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbowman6
renegadetim wrote:Why so serious?

Really, everyone. This is parody, and is not the actual "character", if there even is a character. Just like the Cookie Monster in "The Binge". The witch in Wizard of oz had black and white stockings, the shoes were sparkly. This is the epitome of this derby, hence the win and sell out.

Everyone keeps getting caught up in the copyright angle. That's ALWAYS the rule.

For this specific derby, Woot said "don't use the characters" because it made the derby's theme pointless if you did.

Woot dropped the ball on this one. And now they've sold out on a copyright infringement of a completely different sort (tracing images).

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

KimmieKinz wrote:so wish I hadn't had to work all day so I could have gotten this for my sister! She loves ding dongs and is in love with witches... this would have been the perfect gift jolly work schedule!

It's still for sale!

aeakin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aeakin

Oh my! Frosty's gallavanting! I need this shirt! Does anyone want to sell me one? I can't believe its sold out!

goobster013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goobster013
aeakin wrote:Oh my! Frosty's gallavanting! I need this shirt! Does anyone want to sell me one? I can't believe its sold out!

I think you can get one tomorrow on the Reckoning page for $15.

Also, when did woot change o m g to "oh my! Frosty's gallivanting!"? o.O lol

muse7mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muse7mom
zikzak wrote:I like it...not sure about the shirt color though, and I do think it should be more obvious that it's a witch, like have a witch hat lying around...I'm almost but not quite sold

Um, the striped tights and ruby slippers don't give it away? Really?

jodofarc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodofarc

Please bring this shirt back! PUHLEEEEZE!!! We are going to see Wicked this Thursday night and I would LOVE to cause a ruckus by wearing it. Come on, doll, do a sistaaah a solid and bring it back!

k3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k3

I wish this shirt would come back! I bought one and my little boy used it as a paint rag on accident. Very bummed!!!!!!!! If a shirt is going to come back, this one should be it!

tpaulsen66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpaulsen66

Another year later, would love to see this shirt again!

lalitapancakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalitapancakes

I am happy to be able to get this shirt again. It's been a fave of mine, and I receive so many compliments every time I wear it.