NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
bassanimation wrote:Literally the only things MP I have ever seen is a part of the dead parrot skit, and then the fat guy part of Meaning of Life, hahah.

Needless to say, I am very anti-britcom. I don't know what it is, but it makes me want to fling myself into a pit of tigers... ^^;

Im such a bad, bad nerd.

While I'm not trying to take on the hopeless task of converting you to britcomness, the fat guy sketch is hardly representative of Python. At that point, they simply set out to make the most disgusting scene imaginable (and succeeded); in fact, they resolved not to hold anything back, and many scenes in that movie were scripted for their shock value.

OTOH, if you don't like the parrot, Python's not for you. It's one of the most popular MP sketches.

BTW, a classic Python story: The movie "Life of Brian" was banned as blasphemous and never screened for 30 years in the little town of Aberystwyth, west Wales. However, one of the actresses in the film eventually became mayor of Aberystwyth, and fought to have the movie finally shown.

Mayor lifts 30 year ban on Monty Python's Life of Brian

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
bassanimation wrote:Napoleon Dynamite made me laugh so hard I peed. Srsly. Favorite. But I do like Ferris Bueller too. :D I would like the Wedding Singer but Adam Sandler usually lights my hair on fire, hahaha.

I loved Napoleon, hate Adam Sandler (although that particular movie is pretty bearable), and also love SOME Python (I know, I'm an infidel). I don't care for either of the scenes you mentioned or for most of the other movies besides Holy Grail. Flying Circus (the TV show) was hit or miss. Short answer -- try the 1st half-hour of Holy Grail and see if you like it.

TheDogma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheDogma

I was staring at that picture for a good few minutes (before actually clicking shirt.woot) trying to figure out the shirt. Seems fairly obvious now.

vvaffle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vvaffle

I love it. But I don't know if it's ok to have two Holy Grail related shirts. I already have the one about coconuts.

Kricu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kricu

I loved the movie but something about this shirt just bothers me. Perhaps the brilliance of the movie is too great for that of a simple play on words. It fits the category and is a clever idea however I just think it takes away from the movie.

nurduckk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nurduckk
Spotsmom wrote:Help me here. What movie does this come from? I don't get it.

LOL really? MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!

smagleby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smagleby

thats a shame. monty python and the holy grail!!

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla
NightGhost wrote:While I'm not trying to take on the hopeless task of converting you to britcomness, the fat guy sketch is hardly representative of Python. At that point, they simply set out to make the most disgusting scene imaginable (and succeeded); in fact, they resolved not to hold anything back, and many scenes in that movie were scripted for their shock value.

OTOH, if you don't like the parrot, Python's not for you. It's one of the most popular MP sketches.

BTW, a classic Python story: The movie "Life of Brian" was banned as blasphemous and never screened for 30 years in the little town of Aberystwyth, west Wales. However, one of the actresses in the film eventually became mayor of Aberystwyth, and fought to have the movie finally shown.

Mayor lifts 30 year ban on Monty Python's Life of Brian

You get to see her nakies!!!

eabernhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eabernhardt

I had a dream last night that I got my shirt and it was a long sleeve tee and the design was really small and it looked like a really crazy terribly designed christmas tee. Then I woke up and it was all just a terrible nightmare.

ryan9111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryan9111

Ni, Ni!
No, No!
Stop saying it!
Ahhhhhh!
A shrubbery.
Ok we brought it.
No aahhhhh!

casanova6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casanova6

its from the movie, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

hlacey8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hlacey8

The movie is Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail. Check it out it's great!

Scoth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Scoth

And now this shirt appears to be retroactively referencing Skyrim's "Arrow to the knee" meme. Every time I've worn this shirt for the last month or two people keep bringing it up.