+ Add a Comment

SirSquinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirSquinty
Re: Tyger Tyger

Treading a little dangerous on the copyright line, don't you think...?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=25907

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

WOW! The special FX are AMAZING!
I can FEEl the fire!

Large version:

Thanks as always!

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Foxfire

"Foxfire"

Edit: Didn't think I had to explain this because it's very obvious to me, but I'm kind of a lore geek so in case it's not common knowledge...

1) Foxfire (Kitsune-bi) - By rubbing their tails together, a kitsune can make lightning or fire. The kitsune can also, to a small range, breathe out fire. Kitsune can also make small 'fox lanterns', by producing small balls of fire to float around them, and guide their way. This fire can be used as a weapon, or as a toy.

2) Foxfire - the term for the bioluminescence created in the right conditions by a few species of fungi that decay wood.

My thoughts were kitsune playing with foxfire (the burny kind of fire) could be responsible for foxfire (the glowy mushroom kind), and that while they're playing with the burning foxfire they could singe the mushrooms and cause them to glow the way they do. That *is* a fireball coming from the dude on the left. It's just green. :P

For those who missed this in chemistry:

How To Make Green Fire

How to Make Green Fire from Materials Found at Home

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Dances with Fire (resub)

A resub. The old one was more cutesy. I think the pure art version is much better.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Meteor Shower

What if meteor showers came from clouds?

tizbazua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tizbazua
Re: Heart Burn...

you counter it with brainfreeze!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
fablefire wrote:"Foxfire"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxfire_%28bioluminescence%29

Yeah! A fablefire design! Been wondering where you were at, missed you around these parts. =)

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

I had a little free time while I waited for some stuff for work to download and I couldn't resist doing something this week. I hope you like it!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Take Your Kid to Work Day

Great work as usual! +1

dooomcat

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dooomcat

I was trying to not draw a dragon... and this came out.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
bluejester wrote:Yeah! A fablefire design! Been wondering where you were at, missed you around these parts. =)

Hey, thanks! :D Yeah I just finished college. The last term was bruuuuuuuutal. Big time sucker. Glad to be back. =)

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus

This is so so cute! I am a total sucker for foxes. GMV.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: YE OLDE PUPPET SHOW FX

i saw the thumb and was like WHOA what's this?! the scene going on here is really dynamic. i would totally wear this happily +1GMV

lilisliph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilisliph
Re: Aurora Vulcanis

This looks cool, and I totally appreciate an artsy piece in the Fog, but it doesn't remind me of fire that much... Maybe a more reddish tone?

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Flame, Set, Match

Super adorable. haha <3

uniique

Re: Of Shadow and Flame

i really like the character's contrast in height and width. very stylish +1!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

How cute and menacing haha. I like the silhouetted forest, very nicely done.

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
Re: literal fireman

This blog post just popped up in my google reader and I just HAD to own this shirt. I hope you print!

uniique

Jexit wrote:So kawaii. Cute little animals in a cute little forest with a cute little dragon. Irresistable.

My only point of contention is that when I showed my significant other, he insisted that the dragon passed firey flatulence because of the starry pattern under his cute little behind, despite the clear clue from the dragon's cute little nostril indicating smoke.

Could you clear this up for this cute little significant other?

rofl!! yeah, your better half has a point. however! if the dragon were to stand, you would see the earth would be cleanly unmarred below his bottom. so there, significant other! :p

pure5152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pure5152
Re: Firestarter

I love this. it has a sort of "retro" touch to it. definitely gmv and hope this shirt prints!

pure5152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pure5152
Re: things that go on fire due to one or other things

XD knew someone was going to use this idea. Nice simplicity and excellent execution.

mr47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mr47

I like the way you think. I'm the year of the dragon, and since I was little I would kind of wish to be a dragon. I may still wish for it now and again ;)

trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan
Re: Awake the Sleeping Beast

I do really enjoy this template. Nice model.......

SquirrelsAreMean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SquirrelsAreMean
Re: Melting Defenses

Charming!

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
uniique wrote:rofl!! yeah, your better half has a point. however! if the dragon were to stand, you would see the earth would be cleanly unmarred below his bottom. so there, significant other! :p

Awesome art! I can't believe this isn't getting more love in the derby right now!

bluejester

Re: The Fire Burns Within

It's neat and all, but it almost looks more like I'm peering out the Death Star observation deck than into a chest cavity. Still really cool though.

uniique

Re: Fire Extinguishers Are Bullies

good colors looking keen on slate gray & nice character work. sorry you're getting the gradient axe. sometimes they mean the placement element? not sure why!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
bluejester wrote:It's neat and all, but it almost looks more like I'm peering out the Death Star observation deck than into a chest cavity. Still really cool though.

Oh no, no star wars! That didn't even cross my mind. I just wanted a round window. lol It was originally a cathedral style window but I didn't like the way it looked on the shirt.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

YAAAAAY, Fable is here!! So happy to see you once again. :D This is a super cute entry. I don't know what it is about foxes. Everyone loves them...must be because they're orange :P.

Welcome back, lady!

+1

uniique

Re: Dragon at rest

very peaceful for a dark tee design. the pipe glow is nicely reined in and not overdone. just the folds of the dragon's face are lit. the other side of his face is just implied. very keen following a halftone tut!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: CD Burner

Been waiting for this one to show up. Such a good concept, and great coloring work. I dig the subtle crosshatching :D. +1

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants

When you post a design, I always make myself comfortable and spend extra time looking over your designs cmdixon. Really like the way you create a tender moment out of a funny concept. The drawing and finish are sweet.

lennievee333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lennievee333
Re: Solar Eclipse

Woot, my last shirt was rejected because of gradients or lack there of in the comp. I believe I fixed it yet I am new to Photoshop and attempting to learn. If this is rejected for the same reason please give a little more info to help me. Thanks!

sgtblink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgtblink
Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

Excellent design, love the expression on that last ninja's face...

bluejester

The scene depicted here has more production value than every single Uwe Boll film ever made.

+1

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: The Djinn

The Djinn is said to be made of smokeless flame or "The Fire of Scorching Wind" Thought it fitting for the theme.

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Re: The Foxes Fire

I like the concept... I just kinda wish they looked a little more like foxes. I'm getting kind of a raccoon-y vibe.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Baby Dragons Equal Flame Throwers

Awesome concept! Very good execution! Two minor criticisms:

The fire feels a bit flat. I think some highlights would have added contrast and shape to the flames coming out of the dragons mouth.

The halftones being at 90 degrees are going to create moire patterns when printed. Tjost has on several occasions pointed out that an angle of 22.5 or 67.5 degrees should be used to get the best results.

+1 GMV

sgtblink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgtblink

Pity the puppeteer who has to put up with that.

+1

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal
lennievee333 wrote:Woot, my last shirt was rejected because of gradients or lack there of in the comp. I believe I fixed it yet I am new to Photoshop and attempting to learn. If this is rejected for the same reason please give a little more info to help me. Thanks!

They don't want you to use gradients. They want you to use halftones instead in order to give the appearance of a gradient.