trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan
SkekTek wrote:Awesome. I teach this in my Gen Bio class. And for those of you that want a free lesson- the chemical in hot peppers (capsaicin) doesn't stimulate taste buds, they stimulate pain receptors...

all the really good things in life hurt a little bit... mmm....

jchuguelet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchuguelet
H2ORip wrote:I love the design, not really seeing it in the 'fire' category completely though so it won't get my vote for this one. For a more fishy derby, I'd be all for it :p

I think if you read the derby description it says, "Give us your best fire depictions, fire aftermath, fire-inspired designs". While this isn't a fire depiction, it is fire-inspired and the play of colors and addition of the blue water makes it seem even more elemental. 'Firefox' and 'firefly' are only fire related in that they emit light and have 'fire' in their names. Maybe we could call this species of fish "firefish" to make it more obvious?

bruxxus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bruxxus
Re: Fiery Hotcakes

HOLY CRAP! My buddy and I always said the Skype birthday cake emoticon looked like pancakes on fire! I want!

swuster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swuster
Re: RESUB: Goldfish On Fire

I want this shirt so badly. Vote it up people!!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Really, really pretty, Bass. Not sure if it's my taste to wear, but this would be a well deserving print.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
bassanimation wrote:I was a little bit worried that more people would feel this way. Totally understandable sentiment, and one I experience myself from time to time. I seem to have a bit of trouble making images for shirts. Prints, easy. Shirts...haaaard. I am glad you like the image though. :D

I wish people would cut it with the "better as a print" comments, even if they aren't criticisms, per se. Make the best images you can. Odds are, they will be wearable for enough people. Besides, it's not hard to frame a shirt, so it's a pointless argument anyway. This is a great design for a shirt, I think. The only reason I wouldn't buy it is because it might be a tad feminine for my taste. Then again, that hasn't stopped me in the past.

I think worrying too much about "wearability" will only deprive us of great designs from you, which would be a shame.

moonqueen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonqueen
Re: In a Native Tongue

squeeee love it! *waits to buy one*

I may seem insane in your mind, but I assure you, this is all quite real... Only those worthy to see my awsomeness can see what's happening infront of them.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: Fox Maiden

Already voted for this a long time ago, but I just wanted to say that it turned out gorgeous, Bass. And it's also been so great watching this shoot straight up, and now it's even in the fog. Good luck!

Absconder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Absconder
Re: Don't play with Fire

The kids are unique, and I love the way you did the background. Good luck.

Absconder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Absconder
Re: Fireflies on a Summer's Night

Cool details. Love the wings.

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Re: The Flaming Framer

Flame on!

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
SkekTek wrote:Poor meatwad!

No kidding... I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=48995]Bruises

I'm surprised this didn't do better. It's awesome!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

A nice piece of art. :3 I don't really go for humans on a shirt, but I will at least say you did a nice job on the composition and colors here.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

80verna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 80verna
Re: In a Native Tongue

thanks for drawing the detail to my attention; it takes this to a whole new level!

80verna

Re: It came from the sky

Wow, this seriously looks like you could springboard/storyboard a great movie from it! Inspiring, compelling work.

80verna

Re: Tyger Tyger

I think Blake would like it!

Necrotech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Necrotech
blanked wrote:If you're wondering about the minute detail of submitting ask someone who has done it

As for the block of color... many feel that is makes a design something between blocky and unwearable.

Resub'd! I think I've got the submissions figured out now, after a half dozen tries. :P Thanks for the feedback though.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
wootvan wrote:The Crazy World of Arthur Brown!

Lol! Yeah. Oh, for the days when a bedsheet, some crappy makeup, and a home-made flaming crown-thingie was cool.

paigeg

odysseyroc wrote:I did the line art for this for the Psychedelia derby, but never got around to finishing it. I thought it worked well for this derby.

It does! Though, this is the first version, with that sharp line on the mallow...

paigeg

Re: No one left to play with

Huh. I wonder if the Balrog will realize the One Ring is there? Probably doesn't care, poor lonesome critter.
If this were ANY other color shirt. It works great on asphalt, but I have SO many...

mrscat206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206
Re: Scoville Scale

Oh my heavens I'd be in for at least two. My husband and his friends regularly have habenero eating contests for goodness knows what reason. I don't think anyone's made it past two yet...

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: History of Flame

I really dig this.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Meteoric rise. (hopefully all the way to success!)

midgerock

Re: It came from the sky

this came out great Andy!! well done! I hope it gets more votes!

midgerock

I'm not a fan of spicy food but I definitely appreciate the design and the fun way of communicating the scale.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
paigeg wrote:It does! Though, this is the first version, with that sharp line on the mallow...

I didn't even notice that. Though, I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm sure that's not the thing that kept hundreds of people from voting for this.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
jmmbell1987 wrote:I wish people would cut it with the "better as a print" comments, even if they aren't criticisms, per se. Make the best images you can. Odds are, they will be wearable for enough people. Besides, it's not hard to frame a shirt, so it's a pointless argument anyway. This is a great design for a shirt, I think. The only reason I wouldn't buy it is because it might be a tad feminine for my taste. Then again, that hasn't stopped me in the past.

I think worrying too much about "wearability" will only deprive us of great designs from you, which would be a shame.

Unfortunately, it is hard to appeal to everyone's tastes, especially hard when dealing with apparel. The argument that something is pretty but "unwearable" (for that person) doesn't bother me, as I often feel the same way about various styles of clothes. Our clothes sort of define us, it's a way we can let people know who we are without having to speak. I can understand if someone thinks my art is pretty, but doesn't necessarily want to clothe themselves in it.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: The Djinn V2.0

This has a lot of cool aspects. Very vibrant.

loathing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loathing
Lagbert wrote:The face reminds me of the Think from the Fantasic 4 and Hellboy. Nice use of texture on the stone.

Thanks, the idea came from an event that happened to me. I was staring into a fire place one night, and the way the flame lit the brick behind it coupled with the soot caked on the brick gave the illusion of a face. It was really pretty creepy how defined it was.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Doomed Romance RESUB

mrwednesday wrote:Either way, I'm sure it'll be explosive.

Yeah, but at least he's better than that punk she used to date...

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Go together like fire and water

uniique wrote:looks great robert! lays nice on brown
plays nice in my head. cool concept GMV!

Thanks uniique!

PixelPants wrote:I always appreciate the way you reduce an idea to it's simplest form thatrobert. This one forms a neat graphic on the shirt and there are cool (and hot) details.

Thanks Pixel. That's where I put my effort. I'm glad it shows.

lilzombie wrote:This is so cute!

Thanks lil!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Pencil Neck Geek Faces Fire

Wasn't going to enter this derby. There are already many great designs. But this came to me in a very.weird.dream. (In my head, I am speaking like Wm Shatner)

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
remster7 wrote:I really like the design and concept.
I want one.

Thanks, remster7 ;).

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan

This is really nicely done! The irregularity of the shapes really adds to the quirkiness of the characters and the idea. Good luck!

Sigma1061

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sigma1061
Re: Yes!

Yes!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: scary tree

I think more people would vote for this if the tree didn't end in a sharp corner. If you blended it into the shirt it would look much more natural. The artwork itself looks cool.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Didnt Start It

Clever, but your going to get rejected for having text : (

pinkrabbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkrabbit
Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

How do I get one of these shirts? its soo perfect!!