dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Fox Maiden

I think I've always liked your designs the most +1

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674
bassanimation wrote:Unfortunately, it is hard to appeal to everyone's tastes, especially hard when dealing with apparel. The argument that something is pretty but "unwearable" (for that person) doesn't bother me, as I often feel the same way about various styles of clothes. Our clothes sort of define us, it's a way we can let people know who we are without having to speak. I can understand if someone thinks my art is pretty, but doesn't necessarily want to clothe themselves in it.

This is true. I know people who will only wear shirts of the bands they listen to. Me, I only wear button down shirts. T-shirts are generally reserved for PJs or yard work.

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
hunterm94 wrote:I don't understand why parts of the left fox are green and other parts look like a normal fox. Can someone explain it to me?

Yeah, I was wondering about this too... I think that the parts that are "green" are just the "black" fur of the fox and also the shadows. But they just align strangely with the black/green mushrooms in the back. I think the green borders on the foxes are very weird. In all honesty, not only in my eyes this is not really on topic, but also, it doesn't look very good.

~Tico

emperialfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emperialfire
Re: Fire Breathers with Candy

Why does your dragon remind me of a my little pony? o.O

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

I really enjoy the rendering of your clouds! this is very pretty.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Grease Fire

Haw haw! :D

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
bassanimation wrote:Unfortunately, it is hard to appeal to everyone's tastes, especially hard when dealing with apparel. The argument that something is pretty but "unwearable" (for that person) doesn't bother me, as I often feel the same way about various styles of clothes. Our clothes sort of define us, it's a way we can let people know who we are without having to speak. I can understand if someone thinks my art is pretty, but doesn't necessarily want to clothe themselves in it.

I understand. Goodness knows I don't want to wear every design I like, even if I support it. One of the reasons I'm firmly against frequently spouted idea of tying votes to purchases is that I frequently vote for designs I have no intention of buying, simply because I think they're deserving.

I guess I was responding more to a general sentiment I see around (that anything of beauty and artistic merit is unwearable, a maddeningly common mindset) that, to be fair, dooomcat wasn't guilty of.

Anyways, enough digression. I'll say GMV and leave it there.

shelly2rc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shelly2rc

I LOoOoOoOoOoVE THIS!!!!! I wanna buy 2!!! I came up with a similar design.

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
Absconder wrote:The kids are unique, and I love the way you did the background. Good luck.

Thank you Absconder!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Bebe Burp

wow! several comments on conflicting styles. my subs haven't caused so much hubbub before. pretty interesting. me, i think styles are meant to be maleable. you know, try new stuff. i will however have to try the design w/out the halftones. in the name of science, of course. ;D
thanks for all the comments! everything helps

dooomcat

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dooomcat
jmmbell1987 wrote:I understand. Goodness knows I don't want to wear every design I like, even if I support it. One of the reasons I'm firmly against frequently spouted idea of tying votes to purchases is that I frequently vote for designs I have no intention of buying, simply because I think they're deserving.

I guess I was responding more to a general sentiment I see around (that anything of beauty and artistic merit is unwearable, a maddeningly common mindset) that, to be fair, dooomcat wasn't guilty of.

Anyways, enough digression. I'll say GMV and leave it there.

I just don't like wearing naked chicks no matter how tastefully done
Not that I like wearing naked guys or anything...

dooomcat

This is really fun, I'm surprised it's not higher
The back legs do look a little funny though, I think they're too close to the front ones so his bum looks kind of off center.

shelly2rc

Re: Go together like fire and water

I hope this one wins! I've been loOking for a shirt like this for a while now. The only thing that I wish was for Fire to be a girl and water a boy...& together they make steam!Jus a thought ;)Cuz my boyfriend is Waterboy & i'm Firegirl. wish the t-shirt came in purple.

dooomcat

pinkrabbit wrote:How do I get one of these shirts? its soo perfect!!

Thanks Welcome to Woot!
Once you've made a Woot purchase (wether a shirt or something from the kid's site or whatever) then you are eligible to vote for your favorite shirts.

shaggster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaggster
Re: Hot-Headed

Hot headed/ Ginger headed haha. i like it!

oneten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oneten
Re: Don't play with Fire

Love the style, and uniqueness! Definitely would pick one up.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Go together like fire and water

shelly2rc wrote:I hope this one wins! I've been loOking for a shirt like this for a while now. The only thing that I wish was for Fire to be a girl and water a boy...& together they make steam!Jus a thought ;)Cuz my boyfriend is Waterboy & i'm Firegirl. wish the t-shirt came in purple.

Can't you see Fire's leftover pregnancy weight? Seriously though, Fire IS the girl. My original design had her with long eyelashes and big lips but the simplified style seemed to look better in the end.

KTHD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KTHD
shaggster wrote:Hot headed/ Ginger headed haha. i like it!

Hah thanks, it's modeled after my boyfriend...go figure ;)

shelly2rc

thatrobert wrote:Can't you see Fire's leftover pregnancy weight? Seriously though, Fire IS the girl. My original design had her with long eyelashes and big lips but the simplified style seemed to look better in the end.

HAHA...OKKAYY...I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY...cept mayb the steam being the product of that. newho it is the best i've seen. & yea Big lips wuld have probably ruined it. xD

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Flame, Set, Match

Meet the lemon that modelled for this design.

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: evolution of fire (resub)

Why is this not in the fog? +1 & I wish I had more votes!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
dooomcat wrote:I just don't like wearing naked chicks no matter how tastefully done

^ I figure most people hold this sentiment, LOL, no worries.

I did try to show she has a furry sort of 'crest' around her neck and front, so she's not meant to be 'nude'. I probably could have done a better job though. :\

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
PixelPants wrote:Meet the lemon that modelled for this design.

Hahaha, awesome! I love this design and hope it receives an HM. If it doesn't, you should definitely take it over to Threadless. It's so clever and cute!

GlobalNomad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GlobalNomad
Re: Fire dance rsb 2

like the way you did the flames and good contrast with the brown shirt.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
Re: Evel CORNieval

For me, this has a Schoolhouse Rock feel to it. And that is a good thing. Great design!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

GMV, for sure. Beautiful. I think it might be nice for me to have a more feminine tee to wear to the gym for a change.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
kinzoku wrote:I'm not a fan of the repetition of the copied vector splatters and I think they'd look far better if you just drew them out yourself instead of pasting the same ones on there over and over, but I love everything else and I'm glad you resubbed it. Revoted.

Have to agree here, though I'm guilty of the same thing myself, to save time. Great-looking design, though. I'd have to consider the purchase if it prints - especially since it's on lemon.

be10der2me

Re: AFI LOL

I could and would wear this! GMV!

littlebubbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlebubbles
Re: Unstealthiest Ninja

Really funny, I love their expressions haha. My favourite this derby :-).

cdg ♡.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
tico0001 wrote:Yeah, I was wondering about this too... I think that the parts that are "green" are just the "black" fur of the fox and also the shadows. But they just align strangely with the black/green mushrooms in the back. I think the green borders on the foxes are very weird. In all honesty, not only in my eyes this is not really on topic, but also, it doesn't look very good.

~Tico

Some parts are actually black (paws, ear tips), some parts are a deep shadow (back, parts of the tail), and some parts are just the background. The only 'confusing' part might be the male fox's back where one of the big mushroom's light rays is visible and possibly confusable as the 'green outline' defining his back. But I've seen the drawing with a green outline to that portion and it didn't really look right.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

yoniw18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoniw18

internet? whats wrong with you? this shirt should be number 1!

edyafree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edyafree
Re: Flame, Set, Match

really cool, taking the real and combining it with the fantastical. combining natural with man made. pleasant, witty, humorous.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Re: The Flaming Framer

I don't know why you thought this was a good idea, but let me know what stocks you buy so I can make sure to sell them all as quickly as possible.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
bassanimation wrote:I love this design and hope it receives an HM.

Thanks bass, I'm glad you think so. I'll have to see what happens to it after the derby. Maybe just put a match to it and collect the insurance.

be10der2me

Re: No one left to play with

So very ,very nice! GMV

be10der2me

Re: Marshmellow

Reminds me of Ramyb style! +1

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
TobiasAmaranth wrote:Some parts are actually black (paws, ear tips), some parts are a deep shadow (back, parts of the tail), and some parts are just the background. The only 'confusing' part might be the male fox's back where one of the big mushroom's light rays is visible and possibly confusable as the 'green outline' defining his back. But I've seen the drawing with a green outline to that portion and it didn't really look right.

It's light cast from the glowy fire bits that are reflecting off parts of the fur. I actually like that she (Fablefire) paid attention to that sort of detail, since it really adds more light to the light, in that it shines on what is near it.

Since the fire is green, the light it casts is green, not white or red or orange or yellow.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
dooomcat wrote:I just don't like wearing naked chicks no matter how tastefully done
Not that I like wearing naked guys or anything...

Hah, I totally understand. Sorry for calling you out unnecessarily.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
blanked wrote:It is a bit girlie for my tastes, but I like the largeness of the first better, something about the full shirt design was appealing, tho normally I go for side placements. I think the blue went better too, but that may just be cause I know what the color is in real life.

I appreciate the feedback. I was just trying something different and learning what may or may not work in future designs. Full shirt designs don't generally appeal to me. I like smaller prints, but good to know that the first version of this may have been the better one. Thanks for the support!

glambert22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glambert22
Re: Fire Rose

Wow! Amazing design! i just think it should be a little bigger