gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak
joshbeu wrote:Does anyone else have the same problem I have, where I found a shirt I totally love that, for some strange reason, I never saw until now? And of course, it's reckoned. I'm talking about the McGregor's Garden shirt, personally... but anyone else discover a different new one?

And I'm also addicted to clicking... it's like Hot or Not for wearable art!

Josh

I've found 2 or 3 shirts that I would love to buy. It makes me quite sad.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
tgentry wrote:Common Errors in English Usage - First Annual

Annual is an adjective used to describe the rate of occurrence of an event, not an observance of a past event.

I believe ... that doesn't make the use of First Annual a grammatical error.

Thus spake Zarathustra...

rhochstrasser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rhochstrasser

I don't get the ratings. With so many battles already taken place, it seems the rankings should be pretty constant at this point. Yet they change around so much! How can the first place tee move down 20 slots?

tauvyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tauvyk

Regardless of any flaws with the chess ranking system, from reading the comments it seems like the vote is less for the best! shirt and more for the ones we're desperate for a second chance to buy. I know at least for me, shirts I missed out on > shirts I love but already have.

socatholic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socatholic
tauvyk wrote:Regardless of any flaws with the chess ranking system, from reading the comments it seems like the vote is less for the best! shirt and more for the ones we're desperate for a second chance to buy. I know at least for me, shirts I missed out on > shirts I love but already have.

While I have been voting for shirts I really liked but already own I, definitely choose shirts I didn't get a chance to own but wanted over shirts in my closet.

I think I just saw a shirt move down from rank 1 to rank ten or twenty in half an hour...

charleswallace12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charleswallace12

I just noticed this-Is it just me, or were there a TON of Wizard of Oz shirts?

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" -Albert Einstein

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
charleswallace12 wrote:I just noticed this-Is it just me, or were there a TON of Wizard of Oz shirts?

If anyone has been witnessing the battle and NOT noticed how one-note woot's catalog is, they don't have eyes. Wizard isn't the only thing woot has put out half-a-million of.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
charleswallace12 wrote:I just noticed this-Is it just me, or were there a TON of Wizard of Oz shirts?

really? like which ones?

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

Seems like I get a lot of the same shirts over and over and some once and only once. My beloved Taco Cat shirt only showed up once the entire time I've been working on these challenges.

jojustjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jojustjo

I want to buy one of the shirts. Why can't I buy it!

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n
SkekTek wrote:Too bad there isn't a third option on the page: NEITHER.

Simply hit page reload

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n
Verminous wrote:I've bought so many ramyb shirts for myself or my wife the last year, I don't understand why some people seem down on him. Jealousy perhaps?

Because they are essentially the same tired bit over and over and over.

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

which shirt has SALES RANK: 1 of 357?
i can't spot it.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
blk909 wrote:really? like which ones?

For starters:
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=16953
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=15392
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=14232

And then there's always:
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=12072

jojustjo

I just spent over an hour voting, hoping to improve the stats of the shirt that I would like to buy; however, I never saw the shirt! I think it would be a more fair contest to put all 357 shirts up for sale and the winner is the top shirt.

dalester17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalester17
SkekTek wrote:Too bad there isn't a third option on the page: NEITHER.

But an interesting idea!

AMEN!

dalester17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalester17
jojustjo wrote:I just spent over an hour voting, hoping to improve the stats of the shirt that I would like to buy; however, I never saw the shirt! i think it would be a more fare contast to put all 357 shirts up for sale and the winner is the tip shirt.

Had a similiar problem...assume that this is what happens with random generating....but seems like I have seen some of the shirts dozens of times and still quite a few I haven't seen at all....

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jamesbottomtooth wrote:which shirt has SALES RANK: 1 of 357?
i can't spot it.

no1 wrote:1. think of the children (13681)
357. they grow up so fast (175)

i helped!

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker

Err is this over? Any browser compatibility issues I should know about? Nothing shows up for me on the "Battle" link, I can only see the leaderboard (which makes me even more sad )

Wraith40k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wraith40k

the problem with chess ranking is that if the 350'th shirt goes up against the current #1 shirt, and someone selects the 350th... it will massively jump up in points while simultaneously killing the ranking of the #1 shirt.

That can lead to super big swings in short periods of time.

I would have liked to see just a straight up 'win loss' ranking... and then pick the highest win percentage. Have all the pairings be random, and with enough clicks the 'favorite' will win...

bigla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigla

I had no idea how much I liked cmdixon's work.

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

Apologies if someone's already said this: Ask Again Later is the perfect metaphor for the leaderboard craziness.

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

Why don't they just have a grid of all 365 shirts and have users pick the top twenty, then narrow it down to fifteen, then to ten, to five, then three, and finally two. The battle could last a few weeks. I keep seeing the same shirts. I really like "A Peculiar Discovery" and I've only voted twice for it.

Also would totally love buying these shirts again.

Wraith40k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wraith40k

oh- also a chess ranking system is based on the likely hood that opponent A can beat opponent B in a skill-based match up. You won't see many international grand masters get taken down by an low ranked beginner - thats why the points swing so heavily when it happens.

Enough about that! Need to go clicky on more shirts!

LynneMD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LynneMD

comment#1 chess rating system doesn't seem to apply well where artistic taste rather than skill applies. i really like the idea of a march-madness style battle with each round being 1 week of voting

comment#2 woot!, please consider a groupon-like system for re-printing some of these shirts. as in, if enough people commit to buying a certain one, you will re-print it. most of us feel like we missed out on some real winners

angbosch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angbosch

I also vote for a "Neither" or "Refresh" because there are instances where I don't like either, or it's so close I can't decide.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Can someone explain to me the concept of Ask Again Later? In my current state of ignorance, I find it to be an astoundingly stu pid shirt.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender
Assassin15 wrote:Can someone explain to me the concept of Ask Again Later? In my current state of ignorance, I find it to be an astoundingly stu pid shirt.

Are you familiar with the Magic 8-Ball toy? The joke is that there's a tiny scientist living inside determining your fortune.

Or maybe you already knew that, in which case, I can't help you. That's the concept of the shirt.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Looking through the leaderboard, I can come to only one realization: I wish I had bought more Patrickspens-designed shirts this year.

Assassin15

chrisprender wrote:Are you familiar with the Magic 8-Ball toy? The joke is that there's a tiny scientist living inside determining your fortune.

Or maybe you already knew that, in which case, I can't help you. That's the concept of the shirt.

Ahh. Many thanks. Well, I still think it's a stu pid shirt. Oh well, maybe 5 Second Rule will take over...

jojustjo

message to the keepers of the woot -

I need all of the Shakespeare shirts. Please sell them again.

Bunnyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bunnyes

Is the battle even keeping score anymore? If I vote for a shirt and keep track of how many battles it has been in, when I see it again and vote, the number of battles does not get updated.

Also, I am sad for the lack of love for the taco cat

selfindulging

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selfindulging

There is NO WAY that the pi symbol should ever stand for the letter "n". What the hell. I looked at the "nerd" shirt thinking... "pi...erd...?" Had to vote against it :/

solusumbra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages solusumbra
Assassin15 wrote:Ahh. Many thanks. Well, I still think it's a stu pid shirt. Oh well, maybe 5 Second Rule will take over...

you think "5 second rule" is better than "ask again later"?! i...well....huh. thats baffling to me.

Assassin15

solusumbra wrote:you think "5 second rule" is better than "ask again later"?! i...well....huh. thats baffling to me.

Ehh, I just think it's a lot funnier, and it's one of the very few shirts I'd buy in the Reckoning if I had the money. It made me laugh out loud, which Ask Again didn't, even after I got the joke.

bigbadblackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbadblackman
Bunnyes wrote:Is the battle even keeping score anymore? If I vote for a shirt and keep track of how many battles it has been in, when I see it again and vote, the number of battles does not get updated.

Also, I am sad for the lack of love for the taco cat

I was think the same thing not since Friday or Saturday have I seen the numbers move.

shirt.woot suppling my wardrobe since 2008

justanotebook

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justanotebook

Weren't they supposed to start announcing winners today?