Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congrats Ramy! I knew this was a winner as soon as I saw it. Yeah that's a pretty safe bet with any of your designs, but this has more charm and inventiveness than usual. :^)

Predicting a fablefire or bassanimation shirt for tomorrow...

GravityEyelids12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GravityEyelids12

Can we please stop with the Smores designs? For the love of God...please?

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
GravityEyelids12 wrote:Can we please stop with the Smores designs? For the love of God...please?

No, no - we want s'more!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
MasterYogurt wrote:This shirt makes me mad.

ANOTHER smores shirt? I get it. Make what sells, and what better thing to do then play on an obviously popular theme, judging by the contest and the reckoning. Ramy's laughing all the way to the bank. But I'm not mad at him, it's not his fault that his incredibly mediocre but cutesy, popular designs do well when there are vastly superior shirts.

You know who I'm mad at? The shirt.woot voters who keep voting and shilling out for this. At the end of the day it wouldn't get printed if it wasn't chosen.

Okay - I hear what you guys are saying about the spate of s'more shirts, BUT...

I think ramyb deserves credit for creating something that isn't just cutesy and popular. This doesn't just depict a couple of cute bunnies talking. Without the marshmallow, there wouldn't be anything cute at all; the dragonfire with it's disembodied head is very well rendered - the stuff of nightmares. This design is a blend of scary and cute. And given ramyb's track record, he could have played it safe and created another cute design, and that probably would have won also.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats on placing, Ramyb! A very cute shirt to wear camping this spring.

lizski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizski

This shirt is so freaken cute & funny. I just love it & I totally think everyone should buy it if they like, cause thats what I did. Sorry for not blogging in like 4eva

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

A sixth season of The Wire? Only in my dreams.

A sixth season of The Wire all about Ramy (which could be, since it's a Baltimore show and this is where Ramy lives)? Only in my nightmares.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
lizski wrote:This shirt is so freaken cute & funny. I just love it & I totally think everyone should buy it if they like, cause thats what I did. Sorry for not blogging in like 4eva

This isn't a blog, so nobody noticed. No need to apologize.

kittysoup

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kittysoup

I want to assume that the stick he's holding is sharpened graham cracker.

bluejester

quality posts: 559 Private Messages bluejester

If he really wanted to defend himself, he'd be holding a bucket of water as a weapon and an ice cube shield.

Clearly what we are seeing here is a suicidal mallow.

Littlefish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Littlefish
MasterYogurt wrote:At the end of the day it wouldn't get printed if it wasn't chosen.

That's usually how things work in life.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

The classic battle of Marshmallow vs. Flame. As many times as the battle is fought, the victor is almost certain. (And the loser is tasty.)

NitsuaKun

quality posts: 49 Private Messages NitsuaKun

Last time I recall you can't stab plasma energy with a pointy stick.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary and those who can't.

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
MasterYogurt wrote: well when there are vastly superior shirts.

You know who I'm mad at? The shirt.woot voters who keep voting and shilling out for this.

::snickers:: Pun intended?

Radien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien

Man. If I ever decide to draw something and compete in a Woot derby, I guess I know what theme I'd better pick, judging by the S'more success rate.

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
vivbot wrote:how is his butt not toasted/on fire? ._.

it is.. notice the little flame coming out of its butt... o___o''

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
captainfuselage wrote:This whole situation makes about as much sense as having a snowball fighting a sun dragon with a button for a shield and a tiny corncob pipe for a club...

Prepare to see this one made up into another cute T-shirt design!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Laureenmt wrote:Prepare to see this one made up into another cute T-shirt design!

LOL, that's actually a cute idea!

ocdboy777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdboy777
Radien wrote:Man. If I ever decide to draw something and compete in a Woot derby, I guess I know what theme I'd better pick, judging by the S'more success rate.

For some reason I seem to be having a hard time finding all of these S'more shirts everyone's talking about... Went back through the past few weeks and didn't find anything that printed. Little help?

ocdboy777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdboy777
ocdboy777 wrote:For some reason I seem to be having a hard time finding all of these S'more shirts everyone's talking about... Went back through the past few weeks and didn't find anything that printed. Little help?

Nevermind... found em. Sept. 25th and Nov. 14th... I'd hardly say they are printing S'more related shirts too often.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
MasterYogurt wrote:This shirt makes me mad.

ANOTHER smores shirt? I get it. Make what sells, and what better thing to do then play on an obviously popular theme, judging by the contest and the reckoning. Ramy's laughing all the way to the bank. But I'm not mad at him, it's not his fault that his incredibly mediocre but cutesy, popular designs do well when there are vastly superior shirts.

You know who I'm mad at? The shirt.woot voters who keep voting and shilling out for this. At the end of the day it wouldn't get printed if it wasn't chosen.

So to sum it up you think voters should NOT vote for the shirts they like. Instead, they should vote for the shirts YOU feel are "vastly superior."

As you not your "it wouldn't get printed if it wasn't chosen" comment...well duh, isn't that the WHOLE point of of these derbies? What are you suggesting? Should we all vote, then throw away the results and print YOUR top three?

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
DoublEE wrote:So to sum it up you think voters should NOT vote for the shirts they like. Instead, they should vote for the shirts YOU feel are "vastly superior."

As you not your "it wouldn't get printed if it wasn't chosen" comment...well duh, isn't that the WHOLE point of of these derbies? What are you suggesting? Should we all vote, then throw away the results and print YOUR top three?

Throwing out the results would certainly be a good start. As would voters actually voting for superior shirts. Not that anyone is holding their breath. There is no accounting for taste. Especially at woot.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
NightGhost wrote:Okay - I hear what you guys are saying about the spate of s'more shirts, BUT...

I think ramyb deserves credit for creating something that isn't just cutesy and popular. This doesn't just depict a couple of cute bunnies talking. Without the marshmallow, there wouldn't be anything cute at all; the dragonfire with it's disembodied head is very well rendered - the stuff of nightmares. This design is a blend of scary and cute. And given ramyb's track record, he could have played it safe and created another cute design, and that probably would have won also.

He's done plenty of dragons too. No credit earned here.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

Finally, an epic shirt that's a good match next to my wife's gettin' toasty shirt. In for one!

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
Spiritgreen wrote:Congrats Ramy! I knew this was a winner as soon as I saw it. Yeah that's a pretty safe bet with any of your designs, but this has more charm and inventiveness than usual. :^)

Predicting a fablefire or bassanimation shirt for tomorrow...

It also helps to have lots of people read his blog and do nothing but boost the vote count, even when much better shirts that should be printed are up for voting.

that was fun while it lasted!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

A friend jokingly ordered this shirt, and gave it as a gift to me. I burned it. Yes, literally.

that was fun while it lasted!

Rhoswen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rhoswen
bluejester wrote:At the very least, the shirt gets the writer in me going.

"I have travelled from the cornstarch fields where I grew up, beyond the Chocolate mountains where this very shield was forged to do battle with our mortal enemy. Now at last my squishy bretheren will be avenged," Mallow cried.

His face was sticky with sweat, the very heat of the dragon's breath began to warp, and melt his shield. Mallow wasn't sure how it would end, but here he would make his stand--whether he wanted to or not, because his feet were stuck to the floor.

The writer in you, compels the consumer in me to purchase. When I wear this shirt, I shall remember Mallow and his bravery.

dienaid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dienaid

Words.

solgun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solgun

This may just be too hot to handle.

shionkof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shionkof

This T-Shirt is awesome. I wish I caught it in time.

Best dragon art ever and nothing screams warrior like a brave marshmallow graham cracker shield.