sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 66 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

Class? I graduated. I don't have class anymore.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

sparrowhawk69

ultraviolet wrote:Wait...why do I want to buy a t-shirt with a picture of Shakira on it?

I'm not crazy about her music but I'd even buy me with Shakira on me. Who do I have to pay to make this happen? I think this confirms my previous post.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

Moonchies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Moonchies

Am I the only one who thought of Ladyhawke with Michelle Phiefer and Rutger Hauer? This seems like it has to have been inspired by that movie.
(if the video gives an error, open the link in a new window)

sparrowhawk69

Moonchies wrote:Am I the only one who thought of Ladyhawke with Michelle Phiefer and Rutger Hauer? This seems like it has to have been inspired by that movie.
(if the video gives an error, open the link in a new window)

It reminded me a little of Rachel Mclish in Ravenhawk.

trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan

Where was this shirt in October?! It's so...harvesty.

stephinity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephinity
JadenKale wrote:Gorgeous details. I kinda wish this had been done on another color tee that still would have complimented the piece (say lemon yellow) and the colors could have been spread a little further, but still a great piece. Congrats on the print.

Also, I just noticed, the splash of color looks vaguely like Africa. Does anyone else notice it?

Keen eyes! I think the Africa backdrop is my favourite part . . do you think it was done conscientiously?

theclubber

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theclubber

Is there an emoticon for a sassy black lady snapping her fingers and saying "Mmm hmm!" (-)(-)¥ No. I'm bad at those things.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

this is incredibly nice.

great job all around, it's nice to see good art print here.

furthea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furthea
Moonchies wrote:Am I the only one who thought of Ladyhawke with Michelle Phiefer and Rutger Hauer? This seems like it has to have been inspired by that movie.

You know what...You're right. I didn't realize why the shirt struck a cord but it did.

Now if only it came on a dark colored shirt I'd buy one.

bloodybooger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloodybooger

I really like this. Probably a little too feminine for me, so I'll pass today.

But still, congratuations to the artist!

vulpecular

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vulpecular

I think I'd probably buy it if there wasn't a giant girlface being. Felt the same way about the fox girl shirt.

all0this0space

quality posts: 2 Private Messages all0this0space

Does this shirt being officially "artsy" prevent the requisite puns in the comments from being appreciated? Or do we have to be ironic about it?

imothyt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imothyt

"Printed the art shirt" will never slide off the tongue quite as easily as "jumped the shark."

brokenalice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brokenalice

As Austin Powers would say: "That's a man, Man!"

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna

*sigh* Should I really buy a shirt just because the Woot staff dared me to?

christinue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages christinue
mootookang wrote:Love the design and coloring, but the small anatomy mistakes keep me from thinking that this shirt is a buy.

I'm with Moo here. Lovely design (and there have been many on Woot before. Artful designs are not uncommon and I buy them frequently) but, as an artisti, the anatomy of the face is off just enough to bother me.

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85

Too soon after that season finale of hoarders where the rat hoarder talked about how they would try and pull out his hair at night to make nests...that's all I can think about looking at this shirt! *shudder*

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Love the techniques here - the colors and the watercolor paper textures. Lovely work, Nanda.

jizbam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jizbam

This is definitely in the running for worst Woot shirt ever. And it's way out in front.

alucardd80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alucardd80

THIS is why I joined woot, I've been looking for the "deep artistic" shirt and now that an amazing one like THIS is out...I HAVE NO MONEY -_- I don't have 10 dollars to spare for a shirt this awesome. Jatravartid gas money and college! argh!!!! this is the reason why I'm getting a credit card ( I use a check/debit card usually) so that this never happens again

gummygod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gummygod

hey woot, you did this same write up before

tendeshazo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tendeshazo

The "artsy" shirts are cool and all but I wouldn't want to wear them. They would be cool as wall art or something. However, for a shirt I like the cutesy, pun-ny, nerdy shirts. Just my opinion

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
DianaSprinkle wrote:I've actually had to point out that there were comments under the derby designs before.

We talk to lots of people (TONS of people, seriously) at various shows and conventions who wear Woot shirts. We have yet to meet any who read or comment in the forums at all. ^^; Most of them don't even realize there are forums. Something they all have in common, however, is that they are always happy to say how much they like the shirts at Woot. It always makes me feel happy when I see a shirt by a fellow artist that someone is wearing, and that person is just beaming over it. Customers here are just regular people looking for something that speaks to them. If it's math, cute bunnies, monsters, pretty ladies, or video games, people are just so thrilled to have something to wear that they love. :D

All that brouhaha aside, this is a gorgeous, gorgeous print. Congrats to the artist and thanks to the staff for offering such a beautiful image.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
stephinity wrote:Keen eyes! I think the Africa backdrop is my favourite part . . do you think it was done conscientiously?

I want to say it wasn't done that way purposely, because then the splash of color isn't random anymore. However, recently Threadless ran I <3 (PRODUCT)RED campaign for African AIDS relief. If she competed in that, it's possible she did use a more red color for the splashes and then the African outline would make sense.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
harle85 wrote:Too soon after that season finale of hoarders where the rat hoarder talked about how they would try and pull out his hair at night to make nests...that's all I can think about looking at this shirt! *shudder*

Awwwww, I love it when they rustle around in your hair. It tickles :D.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

Well played woot. Print an art shirt that's really good throw down a challenge that if you want actual quality designs you have to buy this one then completely hamstring the design by putting it on cream. Kind of sad you feel so threatened by such a tiny minority, though, because you've already chased off most people who care about quality.

leprechaungirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leprechaungirl

.... If only I weren't petrified of birds *shudders*

mallethead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mallethead

mmmm....Shakira....very yummy!!

I think the shirt would look better with a turtle on it though!!

Mallethead

mallethead

mrwednesday wrote:Well played woot. Print an art shirt that's really good throw down a challenge that if you want actual quality designs you have to buy this one then completely hamstring the design by putting it on cream. Kind of sad you feel so threatened by such a tiny minority, though, because you've already chased off most people who care about quality.

Easy Seabiscuit! That's way too deep for a Tuesday!

Mallethead

mallethead

bassanimation wrote:Awwwww, I love it when they rustle around in your hair. It tickles :D.

I Miss My Hair!

Mallethead

GCymbala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GCymbala
tomcall wrote:Why was this the first thing I thought of?

This was the first thing that I thought of.

emeycakes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages emeycakes
mavreekangel wrote:This is a beautiful picture, and I'd love to have it on a poster...but not a shirt. I love art, but save my money for the awesome nerdyness and jokes.

Relieved to see I am not the only one feeling this way. Why is this on a woot shirt?? Not at all a fan.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Amazing art!

kelu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelu

I would have bought this shirt except beige looks terrible on guys. Seriously, if you guys just tried a little bit harder then normal people could actually rock these shirts in public.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Worst shirt on creme of 2011? Yes, we do in fact have a winner. This shirt blows.

Reibear

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reibear

I really don't like this design. Am I allowed to say that? I'm surprised it was put up on shirt.woot and I'm surprised with the writeup that came with it.
I don't get it, and I don't think it's pretty. Looking at the artist's portfolio, I wonder what happened.

Nhopkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nhopkins

You have to buy the crappy shirts before they will make the artsy new shirts.
But then if you keep buying the crappy shirts, they will think that you like them so they will never print any artsy shirts.
Just sayin......

Catch-22

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Nhopkins wrote:You have to buy the crappy shirts before they will make the artsy new shirts.
But then if you keep buying the crappy shirts, they will think that you like them so they will never print any artsy shirts.
Just sayin......

Catch-22

What makes me sad is that Woot, or at least whoever wrote the writeup, clearly buys into the "they think only artsy is good" crap. I don't think anyone dislikes funny shirts or thinks Woot should become DBH. That Woot endorses that idea shows that they're kinda out of it or are happy to take a completely unnuanced stance. If every shirt Woot printed was as good as "The Cake is a Liar" I'd be happy as hell.

samwise88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samwise88

I'd just like to say, whilst this shirt is not really my style, I do tend to like woot's "cool" shirts over their "funny" shirts. for example, There might be Giants (aka a distinct possibility) and Rain Rain Go Away are two of my absolute favourites.

leafredleaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leafredleaf
mrwednesday wrote:Well played woot. Print an art shirt that's really good throw down a challenge that if you want actual quality designs you have to buy this one then completely hamstring the design by putting it on cream. Kind of sad you feel so threatened by such a tiny minority, though, because you've already chased off most people who care about quality.

Don't you like to post that shirt color shouldn't matter?