dejajoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dejajoy
João Lauro Fonte’s next shirt will feature a portrait of H.P. Lovecraft made of a dozen itty bitty unspeakable horrors.

I certainly hope this is true.

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
bluejester wrote:I don't mean raise a fuss, but Poe themed shirts leave me ravin'!

*groan*

conhopper

quality posts: 19 Private Messages conhopper

figured I'd get one for a Poe relative I know.

derp

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot

Many years ago, the Simpsons annual Halloween-themed program, Treehouse of Horror, featured a fantastic abridged rendition of The Raven, which I was recently thrilled to find online. Forward to 16:00 for Lisa introducing James Earl Jones!

www.tvduck.com/frame.php?epi=169322&view=431862

bigdaddy24

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bigdaddy24

very nice!

NitsuaKun

quality posts: 49 Private Messages NitsuaKun

Wow, I would have never thought that a bird could make for a such a great mustache.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary and those who can't.

scionofjubal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scionofjubal
genericsmith wrote:*sigh*

Another Poe shirt to rally against.

If nothing else I would of liked a different story referenced... A poe made out of rue morgues perhaps?

$10 for anyone able to make a Poe shirt out of

*SPOILER*

orangutans.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

ya know, Poe wasn't just a one-trick pony. He wrote a lot more poems than just "The Raven".

Why is it always "The Raven"? Can't we celebrate some of his other works for a change?

mannyrio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mannyrio

Let's see if this shirt knocks out "Nevermore" from the charts... O_o

Manny...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
sparrowhawk69 wrote:so obviously the birds killed the guy & they are trying to hide it by making it look like he's still there. Clever birds.
They don't call it a murder of crows for nothing.

Haha. Of course these are ravens, but their collective noun is "a conspiracy" so your theory still works! :^)

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose
jmmbell1987 wrote:
This shirt seems to be the one exception. More like that one, woot.

I randomed that shirt!

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
Jestik wrote:ya know, Poe wasn't just a one-trick pony. He wrote a lot more poems than just "The Raven".

Why is it always "The Raven"? Can't we celebrate some of his other works for a change?

Thanks for the link, Jestik. I have read more Poe poetry today than I ever recall reading before. If you know what I mean.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

That many birds can't be very sanitary. I hope everybody remembers to wash your hands after handling this shirt.

antidote859

quality posts: 3 Private Messages antidote859

CraigVerb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CraigVerb

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Some may think this shirt is crap because it has Poe on it made from birds that do caw caw but I really like it so I'm in.

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega

"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability."
~Edgar Allan Poe, Marginalia, 1849

I thought all of the puns on this thread were awful; it turns out they were brilliant. Who knew?

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69
Spiritgreen wrote:Haha. Of course these are ravens, but their collective noun is "a conspiracy" so your theory still works! :^)

It started as a conspiracy until they did the deed.
Maybe they won't crow about it but they'll be caught when they go crazy from hearing that poe dead man's heart beating under their floor.
Raven lunatics.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

mgherter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mgherter
colinm09 wrote:The shirt write-up's song was better than The Black Eyed Peas' whole halftime performance.

So it was better than the worst absolute piece of crap ever? Way to shoot for the stars, shirt.woot!. ;)

UPdownLoAD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages UPdownLoAD

I thought it was John Belushi before I read the title....

dringrn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dringrn

Love the symbolism. Especially since the Poem itself is full of symbolism.

The Poem:
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-raven/

Unraveling the poem:
http://www.poedecoder.com/essays/raven/

urbsnspices

quality posts: 7 Private Messages urbsnspices

There is no symbolism in the tshirt. In the poem yes. The shirt is just poe made from crows.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Jestik wrote:ya know, Poe wasn't just a one-trick pony. He wrote a lot more poems than just "The Raven".

The only one anyone cares about around here, however, is the Raven! Blast you, Nevermore...

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

tcgriffin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcgriffin

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted— on this shirt evermore!

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

This makes a good gift for Poe-loving girlfriends.
Trust me, I'm an expert! :D

mafted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mafted

who writes the summaries of peoples' posts on here , on the main page? is it an automatic server thing? they seem really specific, but i can't imagine it being an actual job. somewhat weird.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

Be still, my Tell-Tale Heart.

lucksource

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lucksource

I may have misunderstood the writeup, but I believe Montressor was the gent who did the walling. Fortunato was the wall-ee...

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
slacker44 wrote:Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Go ask Alice

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Poe is cool and all but I'd totally buy that lovecraft shirt. And yes, I know you were just yankin our chains about that in the write up but if he made one I'd probably buy it.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

dringrn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dringrn
urbsnspices wrote:There is no symbolism in the tshirt. In the poem yes. The shirt is just poe made from crows.

Symbolism was a late nineteenth-century art movement in poetry and other arts.
The term "symbolism" is formed from the word "symbol" which derives from Latin symbolum, a symbol of faith, and symbolus, a sign of recognition. (Recognize Poe in the shirt?)
Symbolists believed that art should aim to capture truths which could be accessed by indirect methods. (Truth: Poe wrote The Raven and you recognized that in the shirt.)
Although Oscar Wilde,Jean Moréas, and Paul Adam are all more known for their symbolic poetry, Poe had his moments.

sassyboo72

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sassyboo72
lonelypond wrote:that is a cool shirt...yes, if we're talking Poe + poems, someone should illustrate Annabel Lee or my favorite, The Bells.

And the Telltale Heart has so many possibilities. Love the animated version

And sleep creeps further away....

Thanks so much for the link to the animated version of The Telltale Heart! I just read that for a Literature of Madness course this semester.

This shirt is mine!

chbc423

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chbc423

We already have a lovely, indomitable Raven shirt here. Less creepy (and not in the good Poe way) too.
Poe wrote things BESIDES the Raven you know. Arguably better things. Do we really need so many shirts to honor that particular one?

arslock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arslock

in for one! first woot shirt since april 2009!

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

I already have a Poe/Raven shirt, and I think one is enough. However, I would buy an H.P. Lovecraft version of this instantly.

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
urbsnspices wrote:The shirt is just poe made from crows.

You might even say it's four-and-twenty black birds baked into a Poe. I might have miscounted them, though.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

button's bouncing!!! that's a surprise XD

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

jacoba666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacoba666

Wow. The first time I try to buy a shirt, I get a message that Paypal didn't go thru, try again. So I go back to try again and it says SOLD OUT! That just sucks. I got robbed by your lousy payment system. Tee Fury has never f'd me over like that.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

jacoba666 wrote:Wow. The first time I try to buy a shirt, I get a message that Paypal didn't go thru, try again. So I go back to try again and it says SOLD OUT! That just sucks. I got robbed by your lousy payment system. Tee Fury has never f'd me over like that.

Unfortunately, this happened because just as you were trying to buy the shirt, it had sold out in the previous sale(s) and would be returning errors to all current buying attempts until it flipped itself to the sold out page.

This shirt will continue to be for sale starting tomorrow (at midnight central time) at the regular day-after-first-sale price of $15. Here's the link. All shirts continue to be sold after the first day, sell out or not, for at least a week. Please read the FAQ for further information.