MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

who let that dog in the grocery store!?

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

...And yet a dog is allowed to roam free in a grocery store. How ironic.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I'm not seeing a scarecrow reference. Anyone?

jrockwell19

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrockwell19

I'm thinking the scarecrow is the broom?

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

In for 1.

This is perfect for my gf who has a love of Wicked (the musical) and a lack of love for cleaning... wish it was the other way around.. oh well.

She will like the shirt.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

I don't think I understand this design. I feel like maybe there's something I'm not getting, and it's frustrating me. I see Dorothy mopping up the witch, with the lion doll and the oil and hearts on the shelf, but I don't understand why. Is there a why? Someone please help me. And while you're at it, if you could explain Lost Highway to me too, that would be great. That movie was way over my head.

dgdgagdae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgdgagdae
skatimmy737 wrote:I'm not seeing a scarecrow reference. Anyone?

I'm thinking the brooms, made out of straw. Someone earlier said the mop, but I'm guessing that person hasn't done a whole lot of mopping with her straw mop.

rgness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgness

What's with all the Oz shirts on woot? Is it a staffer's favorite?

jshaker6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshaker6

the brooms represent the scarecrow with "straw"

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

The PA system in Oz-Mart must be amazing. I can just imagine a floating head saying: Dorothy to Customer Service, Dorothy to Customer Service! And then back to music.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

CAUTION: WET FLOOR

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

AWildWeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AWildWeed

Perfect T-shirt for my daughter, who thinks she IS Dorothy!! And has played her (altho not on TV). I loved it... sent her the link, and she, who rarely wears T-shirts, wants one... it's on its way, honey... be watching for a package from woot! :-)

clstratton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clstratton
Delusionalovely wrote:I see the oil, and I see the lion (and naturally Dorothy, the witch, and toto) but where's the scarecrow?

He's the brooms.

sabru8

quality posts: 52 Private Messages sabru8

She should have used a dyson...

abb0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abb0

Scarecrow are the brooms I think...?

abb0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abb0
jrockwell19 wrote:I'm thinking the scarecrow is the broom?

I'm thinking the same

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

Consequences. There are always. That said, I do like the style.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

What do the bullet casings on the top of the shelf have to do with anything?

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

TeepoOBR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TeepoOBR
injuredtoad wrote:What kind of store puts funnels, stuffed animals, and boxes of hearts on the same aisle?

The same kind of store that melts it's customers for asking too many questions about the organization.

TeepoOBR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TeepoOBR
Delusionalovely wrote:I see the oil, and I see the lion (and naturally Dorothy, the witch, and toto) but where's the scarecrow?

Sold out.

tcgriffin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcgriffin

"I'll get you, my pretty ... and your little dog too!" As she melts, she cries, "Oh, what a Woot! What a Woot!"

IrishLass622

quality posts: 5 Private Messages IrishLass622
sabru8 wrote:She should have used a dyson...

Or at the very least a zoomba...

IrishLass622

quality posts: 5 Private Messages IrishLass622

A great shirt for all the Friends of Dorothy in your life!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
Assassin15 wrote:What do the bullet casings on the top of the shelf have to do with anything?

Yeah - I've been thinking on that one too. On the top shelf, there are oil cans for the Tin Man, a stuffed lion, and those things - which you'd think would have something to do with the Scarecrow. I don't know about the brooms being made from the Scarecrow - it's possible, I suppose, but brooms are usually associated with witches (they're good for flying around and for setting scarecrows on fire...say it ain't so!).

And check out the middle shelf. It has hearts (some folks don't have one, and need to find one), and perhaps the boxes with the lightning bolts contain some courage. I hope that doesn't mean there are brains in the boxes on the left - that's too Hannibal for me.

dringrn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dringrn

I'm thinking Dorothy needs to lift some weights. Looks like rubber band arms.

dringrn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dringrn

Wondering what art form was used. Looks almost like reverse print block with the patches of color missing.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Cool- I live in Orlando, too! Great illo.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
joemail11 wrote:The PA system in Oz-Mart must be amazing. I can just imagine a floating head saying: Dorothy to Customer Service, Dorothy to Customer Service! And then back to music.

Do not arouse the wrath of the great and powerful dayshift manager!

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
BootsBoots wrote:I don't think I understand this design. I feel like maybe there's something I'm not getting, and it's frustrating me. I see Dorothy mopping up the witch, with the lion doll and the oil and hearts on the shelf, but I don't understand why. Is there a why? Someone please help me. And while you're at it, if you could explain Lost Highway to me too, that would be great. That movie was way over my head.

Mine, too, so I just listen to the soundtrack and ignore the rest.

wgordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wgordon

Those dead eyes! So creepy!!!

Dorothy seems to be sniffing too much of that spice melange.

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

It would be really cool if they had this song playing in the background.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
sparrowhawk69 wrote:I swear I didn't drink the puddle but my bladder is busting so I'm off to see the wizzer.

LOL. Be sure to stop and use the bathroom before you pull back out onto the yellow brick road.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

slothful1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slothful1

For those who've only seen the 1939 movie, this design is actually more reminiscent of the book. In the novel, the Witch is not trying to kill Dorothy, she is using her for slave labor -- specifically, mopping floors in her castle. Dorothy gets fed up and dumps the mop water on her. This makes more sense than the film, where (if I recall correctly) they are running around the castle walls and just happen to find a bucket of water randomly sitting nearby.

tammymillisor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tammymillisor

can I still buy this shirt?

seabasss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seabasss

Thanks for all the comments! Tammymillisor, you can still buy it;)

pikacupcake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pikacupcake

So sad that I missed this one. :*( I'll be checking ebay constantly for this. Great shirt!