midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: The Hot Chick Version 2

I see what your friend sees. this would be perfect for the mid-century modern theme. I dig the other design more though. I don't know if I would wear it myself being a 6'5" big guy but my daughter would love this.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Patman1209 wrote:Anything happen with the first two shirts in the trilogy... would really want to have seen/bought Duck & Cover as a shirt.

I'm going to revise Duck & Cover a bit. Re-aiming the gun that everyone pointed out was aiming off to the side and I'm going to add 1 or 2 more colors and submit it to Threadless (or have Drakxxx) sub it. Not sure when. It won't be right now, but I'll be sure to make an announcement beforehand so that we can all rally together. If that doesn't work, I guess it's onto the next place. It's one of my favorites to date so I'll definitely be trying to get it printed somewhere somehow.

midgerock

Re: whack job

the art is well done but I'm not sure what's going on as it fits the theme. I see a mushroom psychiatrist and a would structure lying down but not really connecting the dots.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
dooomcat wrote:My husband and I recently found out we're having twins. Our friends and family are really excited, us not so much.

You'll be able to afford two of all the cutsie woot shirts for them. I hope your excited friends and family are willing to help you out with time and expenses!

midgerock

Re: Odd Crab Out

this is very well done and really like the concept. The creme color shirt is what's killing though. maybe try the brown or light blue shirt and perhaps maybe allude to some sand or a boardwalk beneath them.

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox
Re: Feathered Friends

This shirt made me laugh. Great concept. Have a vote.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Frickin' nice! I wish there was a bit of background to set it off. Still, GMV!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
midgerock wrote:is hard to discern what is what with this bug. I understand its a bug with a jet pack and helmet but the details and limbs seems to be lost in the design. The other lightening bugs looks pretty nice

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping someone would give some.
I've been leaving things kinda dirty cause I've been in a dirty (not rawr dirty, wait take that back. Yes I am) kinda mood. I doubt I'll clean it up for the derby. But I'll keep clean lines in mind for next week. Thanks again.

Here's a big boy version if anybody wants to see

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Imitation Chocolate Chip Cookie

thanks everyone!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Thanks all! I'm glad this is doing pretty well, I put a lot of work into this.

Loda wrote:This is very well done and just a plain awesome design! I hope it wins!! GMV!! The raptor is so pretty!! And, you may have forgotten, the raptors evolved some feathers in JP3!!

I remember! It was only a few quills on the head though, wasn't it? Still, it was exciting to see.

kaedex99 wrote:Hah! I like the way that the pigeons are just like, "Yeah, okay, fine. We're cool with this". -x] I kind of wish it were on something other than the baby blue. Still, though, I'm torn. Maybe I'll dare to wear something other than asphalt, navy, and brown. -:O Regardless, it's a great entry. -:]

Hehe, yeah, pigeons are pretty derp. They don't really know what's going on.

Interestingly, I don't know if this will manage to print, but it seems like I only manage to get prints on light and bright colors, even though I too prefer wearing the dark ones.

bassanimation wrote:I am loving your illustrations more and more, Kinzoku! You rock out with this type of style. I love the concept and the whole thing! I kind of wish Woot had a teal shirt, cause this would be so awesome on teal. (parades around for teal/purple shirts!)

+1!!!

Thanks! Oh man, I would kill for more shirt colors in some of these derbies.

paigeg wrote:Frickin' nice! I wish there was a bit of background to set it off. Still, GMV!

Haha, I tried putting some white clouds in but they looked pretty awful without halftones, and my program doesn't do halftone conversions. It looks better without my bad clouds. Thanks for the critique! I noticed you usually critique my entries and I do listen and appreciate it.

musocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musocat
Johndis5 wrote:And if people immediately WANT to be offended by a simple design, that is their choice, and quite unfortunate, but it's not my problem..

I guess I'm the oddball here, but my first impression was that it's an *inclusive* design. I see four men, one of whom chooses to dress as a woman.

But then again, I'm weird.

:-)

musocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musocat

Or perhaps I should put:

:-{)

dreadwood

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreadwood
midgerock wrote:the design has some potential its the dark colors on black that is holding it back. any chance of putting it on another color shirt and maybe lightiening it up or perhaps even including some fire light as they appear to be all cicled up maybe perhaps a fire.

Thanks a ton for the feedback, I'll try that.

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
Re: MORE COWBELL!

I love the design regardless of beard and udders combo... see the gentlemen design, besides who cares about that I want more cowbell baby! gotta have that cowbell.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: I can play?

I believe Tetris counts as a video game...

npromero

npromero

Re: Odd Man Out

This is really good. I love it.

npromero

Re: Werewolf Astronaut (V2 - resub)

My favorite part of the shirt is that he's throwing a golfball at the Werewolf. Ha ha ha

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
Re: Different Taste

HAH! It's like Marceline from Adventure Time! -:D Now, let me emphasize with caps: I LOVE HIS FLIP-FLOPS! And his little shorts. And I dig the composition, with the castle in the background. -:D GMV.

If I had one critical thing to say: I think the sizing is a little big for an adult t-shirt, but it would be perfect on a kid's frame. A little smaller (and staying high on the shirt) and I think it'd be good across the board. That's just my opinion, though. -:]

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Baa Baa Bad Sheep

this is so good!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
musocat wrote:I guess I'm the oddball here, but my first impression was that it's an *inclusive* design. I see four men, one of whom chooses to dress as a woman.

But then again, I'm weird.

:-)

As stated above, there was no message about gender or sexuality intended, but I like your take on it just fine.

Thanks!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: saved by the bun

Alway I enjoy your subs!

HannahBonanza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HannahBonanza
midgerock wrote:this is very well done and really like the concept. The creme color shirt is what's killing though. maybe try the brown or light blue shirt and perhaps maybe allude to some sand or a boardwalk beneath them.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I'll go through and look at the shirt colors again and come up with some kind of ground for them to be on.

This might be a weird question, but how does the resubmitting work? Is it just resubmitting the changed art and adding (RESUB) to the title?

motorwerks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motorwerks
Re: I can play?

Too bad this is going to get whacked by the rejectionator for being a video game themed shirt. Funny idea!

motorwerks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motorwerks
Re: the fourth evil

ROFL I just lost a mouthful of coffee...

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
Re: A Fire? At Seaparks?

Thanks for the backing michellezors and lilaviel!

Also I get where you're coming from midgerock, but give it another think in a water water everywhere frame of mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEJHctD-kjs

In short, if there were more firefighter sea lions, there would be one less orphan in the world.

fventz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fventz

GMV. I've studied in Dresden for 6 years and I want this. Badly.

I recognize the building on the left and I guess the one in the foreground is the round cinema but what's that on the right?

P.S.: They actually rebuilt the church. It looks amazing.

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365

FlyingMouse365

Re: Predator

Nice concept! Voted

FlyingMouse365

Re: The Hot Chick

Nice texture!

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Re: Imitation Chocolate Chip Cookie

so cute! So squishy

juddvh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juddvh

Too Funny!!!!

yates0269

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yates0269
Re: Odd Man Out

That is a really great design. I love the way it looks on that color Woot shirt. +1

jeanerz13

Re: A Fire? At Seaparks?

Actually, I'm pretty sure in the pre-derby thread one of the woot staff made a comment about how the oddball had to be the odd one out of a group of 3 or more. He can't be an oddball by himself...

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Re: The Bus Stop

Very nice idea. So cute!

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
Re: the fourth evil

if this prints i just might have to buy one

jeanerz13

jeanerz13 wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure in the pre-derby thread one of the woot staff made a comment about how the oddball had to be the odd one out of a group of 3 or more. He can't be an oddball by himself...

Found the post

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Bears and the Bare

I know this is depicting bears in a circle rawring at each other, but the depth and perspective of everything going on here, it sure looks like the guy has plenty to be screaming about. ;)

GDragonSage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GDragonSage

I love how there are two entries with a very similar theme on the same color shirt in the fog right now. Crazy coincidence.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
midgerock wrote:the art is well done but I'm not sure what's going on as it fits the theme. I see a mushroom psychiatrist and a would structure lying down but not really connecting the dots.

Everything in the room is round except the patient and what he has to say.